Thread: Get rid of Mail Intel

Get rid of Mail Intel

I know this has been brought up a lot over the Ages, and recently too, but it is pretty stupid, so...

Don't show the recipients personality, but reveal the sender's

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I know this has been brought up a lot over the Ages, and recently too, but it is pretty stupid, so...

Don't show the recipients personality, but reveal the sender's
    Why?
    Pretty sure it has always worked like this, and it does work this way for everyone. Seems that not only is it a rather radical change, but also one that seems unnecessary given everybody is on equal footing.

Was it always intended to work like this, though? Did someone thing 'lets make sure you can see people Personality by sending them mail'

Even if it was equal footing(many people just don't realize it is possible), I don't think its necessary, or even a good thing. IMO its an exploit that has been around a long time and many are used to it. Just like some of the mechanics of this game, shouldn't we leave some mystery?

I feel like an enemy should have to invest something to get any information about my province in addition to what is on KD and Province pages.

I feel like an enemy should have to invest something to get any information about my province in addition to what is on KD and Province pages.
    They do... they have to invest the time and energy for hitting copy and paste for 20-25 provinces, and then the retarded responses they could potentially receive(its happened to me several times)
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Invest an in-game resource, don't be obtuse.

How am I being obtuse? You sit here, message each individual person in a KD, then have to match the rulers name to the province to determine race/pers, that takes time AND dedication. Whats going to take more time? Doing that or a SOT run oop?
    - unknown

Then why not wait until after protection and just do it with SoTs? Its not like we mail each other all age long, we SoT each other.

I'm generally not that desperate to try to find an edge that I mail people to discover their personality, its not even something that would have occurred to me if I hadn't been told about it in the first place.

When I say you are being obtuse I am postulating that you misread my 'make an investment' deliberately. Also, during freeze time, when nothing can happen in the game, your time investment is meaningless. While you are logged in you have literally nothing else to do during this time.

Work on your own strategy and builds, rather than snooping around at other's.

Post Fiend
    Agreed, seems like this had good intentions when brought in as it refers to the ruler, but is not just an abuse that should just be removed and just state the ruler name and the nobility (found on the KD page).

Or if persona should just be easily found out by sending mail, add it to the KD page to make it very simple for all, or by clicking on each province from the KD page.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Good points from both sides! Real question is whether this is really worth time invested when the development team can work on such other cool and more important QoL features! :D

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Correspondence seems like a reasonable way to learn about a person's personality

Ya, COrrespondence. You should need two-way communication; you can't learn about someone's personality by just speaking in their general direction and getting no replies.

Then why not wait until after protection and just do it with SoTs? Its not like we mail each other all age long, we SoT each other.

I'm generally not that desperate to try to find an edge that I mail people to discover their personality, its not even something that would have occurred to me if I hadn't been told about it in the first place.

When I say you are being obtuse I am postulating that you misread my 'make an investment' deliberately. Also, during freeze time, when nothing can happen in the game, your time investment is meaningless. While you are logged in you have literally nothing else to do during this time.

Work on your own strategy and builds, rather than snooping around at other's.
    I have an agreed war oop. I wanted to know my opponents personality, even though I was pretty sure what they already were. SO... for my STRAT, I messaged each individual province. I will plan my war around that now. Now what could the other KD have done to completely screw our war setup? They could have swapped race/pers last minute before the game started. That would have significantly screwed our prep for our upcoming war. So, until its changed, ill keep snooping beginning of every age.
    - unknown

Veteran
    I agree with Rattlehead's suggestion. If we want it available then add to kd page - presumably that's a few minutes coding. I'd prefer it not available, but IMHO the current approach is the worst of the 3 options (what is the point of requiring 75+ additional clicks?)

I also agree with those who have said it is legitimate to use whilst it exists.

Thread Information