Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schwarzenegger vs Retro

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I agree with Matija. War is just a stress test. You get to see who's working and who's failing. You address the stuff that needs addressing and you improve. If you lose a player because they couldn't deal with getting clobbered in a war you're better off. You think that guy is gonna stick around when he's the opening chain target and gets stuck on 300 acres and no defense for the rest of the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I agree with Matija. War is just a stress test. You get to see who's working and who's failing. You address the stuff that needs addressing and you improve. If you lose a player because they couldn't deal with getting clobbered in a war you're better off. You think that guy is gonna stick around when he's the opening chain target and gets stuck on 300 acres and no defense for the rest of the war?
    Or you teach them to war and they are prepared when they finally get a war. :Seems like a better approach.

You'd start with teaching them how to properly manage a province. How to war is looking at the bigger picture, it's a leader's role, but it's not even that important, at this stage any KD that can actually properly pump will just stomp 99% of the server no matter what they do in war as long as it's not hitting themselves.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Demon
    Well my point was those on 80% offenses might be more usefull, but since that is not run across the board they are easily singeled out and suffer the most while the ones you really should get rid of just sits there and do not participate.

It is not about getting good or not, an imbalanced kingdom don't hold together very well, and in ghettos you are very often missing info on the ones that turn out to be holding you back, if you have ever seen mass defections, that is a real risk if you are in a ghetto and decide to war right OOP. It has happened to kingdoms I've lead in the past, it is almost always the good players and the ones you might be able to work with that leaves first.

Needs to get out more
    Yes. I think we need to find each other, but silly stuff gets in the way. I mean globally, there's got to be 20-some players who can play with the big guns without freaking out about the little details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Well my point was those on 80% offenses might be more usefull, but since that is not run across the board they are easily singeled out and suffer the most while the ones you really should get rid of just sits there and do not participate.

It is not about getting good or not, an imbalanced kingdom don't hold together very well, and in ghettos you are very often missing info on the ones that turn out to be holding you back, if you have ever seen mass defections, that is a real risk if you are in a ghetto and decide to war right OOP. It has happened to kingdoms I've lead in the past, it is almost always the good players and the ones you might be able to work with that leaves first.
    I played in a kingdom like you describe last age. It was exactly like you describe actually, thing is I didn't care about the ones defecting or the ones not participating, there was a single person that did the most and he didn't leave, I'm still playing with him in another kingdom now, it's all about finding the right people, in Utopia though it's a hard process. I think my comment is being misunderstood a little, I'm appealing to the people, you seem to be throwing everything on a single decision to war early where an early loss can more often than not mean more wars and a more enjoyable age afterwards. You say you lead kingdoms, this means you should know it's your responsibility to explain to the people why your loss is actually a win, it's though, it sucks, that's why not many do it.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Clear fake war.
    Finlay you believe me!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

We just war and lost. NBD in Ghetto Fight Club activity wins. The casual KD, those who do not set alarms - attack - go back to sleep, lose. If your army sets at home 4-6 extra hours, you lose. KDs are pretty much the same size, no wiz this early, so only activity matters. We did not have it.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Post Demon
    @Strato those people do exist, but most of them unfortunately follow a fake religion called FSU.

@Matija what I described was the ghetto kingdom I lead arround 2 years ago, same stuff, only I wanted to do more I was trying to improve the team but in the end I gave up. It is impossible to do anything when no one follow orders, and you constantly end up losing the most decent people whenever you try to war.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    This should be illegal.
    So sensitive about other people's Wars... get over it.

We came OOP with a plan that has worked for us in the past, and would likely have smooshed a lot of other KDs, but they had a better one.

Agreed with the stress-test factor of War; you can see who is pulling their weight, or not, and act accordingly. It was not a lack of preparation or experience on one side that led to the result of this War, it was contrasting KD composition and start-up strategy... we had a few hiccups mixed in there but no one is perfect as has been noted in this thread.

In short; going up against 19 Orc WH OOP is a good challenge for anyone, and I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 10-11-2017 at 23:25.

Postaholic
    I've seen pictures of holocaust survivors that look better than 7:10, good lord what did you do to them

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Aha.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    @Matija what I described was the ghetto kingdom I lead arround 2 years ago, same stuff, only I wanted to do more I was trying to improve the team but in the end I gave up. It is impossible to do anything when no one follow orders, and you constantly end up losing the most decent people whenever you try to war.
    So you were no different than the ones giving up on the KD that defected, it's never about the situation you are in, it's about doing what you can.

People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 11-11-2017 at 06:31.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Aha.
    People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
    What so bad about doing noting. its good way to relax from all problems.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post

In short; going up against 19 Orc WH OOP is a good challenge for anyone, and I highly recommend it.
    I think all comments about land taken is joke from past ages.
    About waring 19 orc/wh OOP its almost sure loss for most other setups if you meet good kingdom.
    Thanks for share Emeriti setup.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    What so bad about doing noting. its good way to relax from all problems.
    Just because you don't do something doesn't mean it's impossible.

Thread Information