Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abducts

Post Fiend

Abducts

Suggestion for next age, please weaken abducts. The rate at which scientists are flowing around is retarded. As a sage I have my unis up and am gathering scientists far too fast.
    This probably wont get any better mid-late age when people have a lot of scientists and you catch them without unis.

Please remove sciences the way it is now. It's retardedly easy to get scientists.

Regards,
    NighT

Veteran
    I dislike the reference to retarded in this context but agree with your suggestion to weaken abducts. IMHO abducts are disproportionately strong compared to sci generation (and have been since introduction).

I like the science system as a whole.

TBH they just need to strengthen sage's abduct protection so carebear noobs like you can be useless and whore sci all age and be happy with that.

Different strokes, and all.

TL:DR, sci is fine.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Post Fiend
    @Chris121,
    Fair point.

Hey Ovenmitt,
    I'm not complaining about me losing too many scientists. I'm an attacker, I'll be fine and have stupid high sciences anyway. TMs however will seriously fall behind and be forced to run high numbers of unis and still be great targets out of war. An out of war strat TM (unis/guilds/armories - no forts) is a great and safe double-abduct target for attackers in war strat (or triple/quad really). If you'd halve abduct gains they would still be very powerful.
    I heard a report yesterday from one of my guys who found someone with 90+ scientists. I have not confirmed this number myself, but it's a realistic number for an attacker just abducting at 2/attack on inactives. That's 90 scientists, three capped categories, in the first week of the age. Given another week that's fully capped sciences..... a TM is lucky to have two capped by then.

Regards,

NighT

Veteran
    For context I play attacker (/hybrid) too and generally am in the highest few for sci in the kd.

The current system suits me. But I don't think there should be one obviously strongest route to achieving something.

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    @Chris121,
    Fair point.

Hey Ovenmitt,
    I'm not complaining about me losing too many scientists. I'm an attacker, I'll be fine and have stupid high sciences anyway. TMs however will seriously fall behind and be forced to run high numbers of unis and still be great targets out of war. An out of war strat TM (unis/guilds/armories - no forts) is a great and safe double-abduct target for attackers in war strat (or triple/quad really). If you'd halve abduct gains they would still be very powerful.
    I heard a report yesterday from one of my guys who found someone with 90+ scientists. I have not confirmed this number myself, but it's a realistic number for an attacker just abducting at 2/attack on inactives. That's 90 scientists, three capped categories, in the first week of the age. Given another week that's fully capped sciences..... a TM is lucky to have two capped by then.

Regards,

NighT
    The average tm in a real kd last age finished on 300+ scientists, well over max in every category. Your point is invalid, and irrelevant to the actual state of the game - you know, reality, and all.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    The average tm in a real kd last age finished on 300+ scientists, well over max in every category. Your point is invalid, and irrelevant to the actual state of the game - you know, reality, and all.
    No they didn't. Why you have to lie to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    No they didn't. Why you have to lie to make a point?
    lol? I said real kingdom korp. your ghetto does not count, your province counts even less then that, and utopia isnt balanced around either of those things.

lol? I said real kingdom korp. your ghetto does not count, your province counts even less then that, and utopia isnt balanced around either of those things.
    I was obviously not talking about my ghetot (Even though thats a real kingdom as well how can it not be?) I was talking about the fact that you hardly did go through every "real" kingdom at last eoa and checked their intel and collected all this data to conclude that the average T/M ended on 300+ scientist.

Strategy Moderator
    would my kd be considered a "real" kd. the only 2 t/m's we had ended at <160 science each....considering we were marquis honor i'd assume we'd at least qualify has average t/m's.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    would my kd be considered a "real" kd. the only 2 t/m's we had ended at <160 science each....considering we were marquis honor i'd assume we'd at least qualify has average t/m's.

That is roughly where I ended up too (Marchioness and 165) I believe 220 was our top as a TM.

Post Fiend
    300+ is probably too many indeed. We ended with all TMs max out all categories last age.

Still it's alot lesser then attackers.

How many attackers made to prince/duke/marq honor title and how many tms? You want tms to have everything better than attackers. Attackers having better sci than tms and getting it faster is not a problem because tms also have honor. Even if attackers manage to get some good honor title they either can't protect it or they play defensively and are practically useless.

Strategy Moderator
    yea but the difference between 160 science and say 500-600 scientists that some of the attacker had made t/m pretty weak even at high honor. Couple that with 1 war where your t/m' gets crush and honor is gone forever. In comparison you can always abduct science back as an attacker if u were to get learned insanely hard.

Administrator
    The three provs that split provhonor crown last age had:
    ~260, ~210, and ~200 scientists. The ~260 appears to have been at the top of kd, the ~210-200 appears to have been middle of the road for the kd. Not sure how much time FS spent doing abducts, or if they were running fae paladins to put rev on the entire kd.

There are plenty of provinces (attackers and t/m) who had lots or little numbers of scientists.

It's worth remembering that part of why t/m have larger science bonuses (e.g. mystic +75% channel, rogue +75% crime) vs attackers (e.g. warrior +15% mil, sage +30% all, no others having any) is because they're expected to have a slightly lower number of scientists, and each one in their respective category is that much better. Getting the equivalent bonus of +75% crime or channeling efficiency is really hard considering diminishing returns.

Thread Information