Thread: Bribe Generals Mechanics Questions

Bribe Generals Mechanics Questions

My first question is about how many thieves to send. I was told a single thief was enough and a success would last for the tick. Is this true?

My second question is about how the chances of increased losses is actually applied. The wiki says "Effectively a 1 in 5 chance per attack to increase troop losses by 15% on all combat." The word "effectively" is what makes me wonder. To me, there are 2 possible scenarios.

1. Exactly 1 general is bribed, and since you usually have 5 total, you have "effectively a 1 in 5 chance" per attack assuming you use 1 general per attack.
    OR
    2. Each general has a 20% chance to roll for increased losses.

If scenario 1 is true, would that mean someone who uses 4 generals in a single attack would have an 80% chance for increased losses. Would hitting someone with all 5 generals home and BG result in a 100% chance of increased losses for them?

If scenario 2 is true, is it possible for more than 1 general to have increased losses per unique? If someone is very unlucky, could all 4 attacks roll for increased losses?

Hi. I rarely answer mechanics, but I shalt today!

First, yes. It is confirmed by Bishop(game support) that a 1-10 thief BG will last until the end of the tick and give the chance of triggering. (I cbf to dig the post up but you can search for it)
    And second, you have a 20% chance per unique attack, irrespective of generals used.

Strategy Moderator
    confrim what makeo said is right. For what its worth if u send "enough" theives u can make BG last for multiple ticks.

Persain, do you happen to know if you BG them if they have the 20% chance of 15% losses when they hit as well? (Basically, do they have offensive losses chance while BG'd as well?)

Strategy Moderator
    Makeo, i'd have to go with the wiki
    "Increases the losses sustained by your enemy in all combat until the bribed generals are discovered by the opponent."
    and say yes, offense and def. I have however not tested this myself

Post Demon
    it still does not give a duration stated, so mostly I just go for the one tic I'll hit, you can't be sure it is still up several hours later and would have to redo it anyway. Stacks well with pitfall and bloodlust, but I would mostly not use this on a random, only on retals when someone has annoyed me, or in a few specific situations where kills are the aim, such as for instance on ambushes or when you are in war or want to kill elites so the opponent can't hit back.

Enthusiast
    When generals are bribed, does each attack that tick have a 20% trigger chance, or is it a 20% chance that every attack in the tick has the increased losses?

Post Fiend
    What happens if you successfully BG 5 times? Does that mean all generals are bribed and you get 100% chance of BG proccing?

Post Fiend
    no, they just overwrite each other. While it says bribe generals, you still only have a 20% chance per attack, if you hit hem 20 times, that is 20% each attack, even if all other generals are out. Technically speaking, if you hit them 20 times, it could pop 10 times (rare) or not at all!

Thread Information