Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good Building setup for Dryad / Tactician

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A good Building setup for Dryad / Tactician

Hi, i haven't played utopia for around 5-6 years and have came back to so much changes, when i payed it was all utopia angel and pimp.

I`ve started this age as Dryad / Tactician. would anyone have a guild of a building setup for this race / personality?
    This is my peace time setup for now..

Homes 7%
    Farms 10%
    Mills 12%
    Banks 32%
    T/G 0%
    Armouries 7%
    M/B 0%
    Forts 5%
    G/S 0%
    Hospitals 0%
    Guilds 10%
    Towers 10%
    T/D 0%
    W/T 6%
    Labs 0%
    Unis 0%
    Stables 0%
    Dungeons 0%

Post Fiend
    There is no peace time. Only War and War-Prep.

I think Mills are probably more handy this Age than they have been in some time...

-With expensive/powerful Dryad elites Hospitals are a good idea (+15%)
    -Armouries are nice along with Hosps, as long as you will be able to get them out of your build before a War breaks out...
    -Dryad horses are beefy, you should run enough stables to mount all your offensive units
    -You can dump a lot of the Farms because Dryad has a bushel bonus (4 per acre, consumption is 0.25 bushels for each unit of population)
    -I would have more Guilds, 15% at least... success+duration but presumably you also want to build your WPA over time...
    -WTs are more for War, don't leave stuff lying around and thieves won't be a problem :P ... In war they are more useful for protecting troops, as opposed to resources

Thanks for taking the time for your advice RattleHead, it sounds more a plan when someone can explain things :-D
    i wasnt to sure about farms as when i played before i was Human (bunch of Greedy B******* )
    i`m all ears for any wisdom.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    OOW:
    7% Rax
    15% GS
    12% Guilds
    Stables(Horses to match Offense and then some)
    <6% Farms
    20% Hospitals
    5% Towers
    12% Unis
    2-5% Dungeons(as many as you can fill<army out/5)

Leaves about 9% to play with, be it guilds, homes, arms, banks, more GS or Unis, depending on what you're pumping, more Guilds and towers when its ritual time.

Abducts, Plunders and Trads oh my! Basically you just take what you want twice a day and let the GS, Unis and GBP keep you gaining more than you lose. Rob Orcs for food if you're getting low before logging to zzz. MP+FL+BB are covered with enough spare runes to cast aggression and emergency CS.

Horses are 4/0 and prisoners are 7/0 AND free BE! Almost a crime not to have them full ;D

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 12-11-2017 at 08:36.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Strategy Moderator
    Few things of note that look at the op build

1. Once u get some production science u dont need more than 4-5% farms.
    2. Mills are almost useless, you only need them just before an explore then remove them....any gc saved from rebuilding u could simply have made with homes/banks/arms
    3. You need Dungeons on a dryad...its a ton of offense and they are litteraly the most space efficient building u can run if filled.
    4. Homes usually pay off better than banks out of war. That is if u were gonna go 30% banks 5% homes, you'd be better off as 30% homes 5% banks and just not drafting as deep as you keep your BE up before switching to a war build.

Post Demon
    GS over forts, you are not unbreakable on 5% with dryad anyway.
    Oh and with some science guys you need no farms at all 0% there would be best you just need arroud 20 in that category and not to be totally lazy with fl in the beginning. I put 25 there and even on graduate I don't need fl, as soon as they turn professor I will just stock up heeps of food. 4% without any science is probably enougth, but you might as well free up that space.

If you want to change your build on short notice, especially if you are in a KD who can't Ritual, I think Mills are pretty OK. You can get -50% construction cost with 15% or so ... Probably more useful once you are larger, but I think without Fort or Prosperous this building should make a bit of a comeback.

Dungeons for sure, I did forget to mention those!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    If you want to change your build on short notice, especially if you are in a KD who can't Ritual, I think Mills are pretty OK. You can get -50% construction cost with 15% or so ... Probably more useful once you are larger, but I think without Fort or Prosperous this building should make a bit of a comeback.

Dungeons for sure, I did forget to mention those!
    Disagree unless u are in the 15-20k acre range that the mills are going to help.

15% building means you are building/razeing 15% twice. i.e 15% building 15% raze at 1/2 cost 15% build again into the "right buiild". Thats the same "cost" as if you simply rebuilt 33.75% of your land w/out puting in mills. couple that with the econ/job losses and you'd 100% be better off having built homes untill we reach insane building costs.

Thank you all for all your help.....

clearly knows more about mills than me

Without trying to sound like a know it all, mills are garbo for the reasons @Persain mentioned and also because youre a Dryad Tact powerhouse; with the above build I posted, you need acres you take them, don't explore lol. Creds and income pay the costs. You're also better off doing a Plunder for gold to convert builds, drop wages for half your attack time, and use the extra income to train.

-DM <3

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

new to Dryad this age, i hope i can make it work

Quote Originally Posted by roccafeller View Post
    new to Dryad this age, i hope i can make it work
    Good Luck! :D I'm sure you'll have a blast, it really is a fun race to play :D

-DM <3

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

Post Fiend
    Last age i found that +75% production science = 0 farms. But have a bit of farms anyway because you might get hit with droughts/gluttony

Thread Information