Thread: ~ StratO's Truck Stop: Age 74 Virtual Kingdom ~

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    Elliptical Blanket

Since we're dealing with a kingdom function based in round the clock activity, one of the processes is an elliptical ops blanket. This simply means that fading spells and sabotage take place on a progressive scale. The lone benefit is making it more difficult for enemies to decide if and when they might MV.

We fall into tendencies in Utopia at times. One is the idea that Nightmare is a wave only spell with almost specific utility in chaining. This isn't fair to one of the best offensive weapons in the game. If we can nuance our focus to defensive-offensive objectives we can use NM liberally, across several enemy provinces.

Mechanically, the max effect doesn't just apply to attacks. When I was part of a NM chain wave we were instructed to cast until the troop yield was just under 100. We can adjust that perspective to "tap applicable"/ making the enemy defense into what's efficient for our attackers. And this doesn't just apply to chaining; we can apply NM to max gains.
    I'm of the mind that there are reasons to chain and max, and do so fluidly without rigid parameters.

The objective should be the focus, not instructional starvation. In Utopia, particular to less archetypical kingdoms, is a misunderstanding of tactical isolation. That is to attack in a safe manner to retain strength while destroying your enemy. More often you'll see kingdoms launch into a full offensive, oblivious of their raw flank. We really aren't getting anywhere when both sides are losing equivalent strengths with the victory belonging to the most active.

Tangent much? Sure.

“Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning’s winning.”* - “The Fast and the Furious”

When you're playing Utopia remember, as in racing, it's not always about mashing the pedal. That inch is what I'm talking about when I say how I've used Amnesia. It's a control measure to keep an opponent in an unlikely position to pass. My endeavor is to impress upon you that innovative use of ops/sabotage doesn't have to be done at full blast.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 28-12-2017 at 15:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information