Thread: ~ StratO's Truck Stop: Age 74 Virtual Kingdom ~

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    The Special Division HQ

Part of the dance of dividing a kingdom between all races and all personalities is getting them into viable positions. The Special Division HQ is the peculiar blend that provides support and is ultimately the kingdom rally point.

If there's teeth in this division it's the bocan rogue, elf sage and human undead. The support is the faery paladin and tac, but these are more universal. We have a faery tac in our game kingdom and it's an oddly effective province. Providing aid, intel and self spells like all good provinces, it also includes effective army return times. The paladin benefits from plague immunity in that it can follow the human undead in attacks with no harmful effects.

In my somewhat nonsensical approach I rol(L)ed this division as Western European. Honestly, in my playing time I've noticed they boast the most activity as a whole..when motivated. I think they'd enjoy this more sophisticated position, and I think they grasp the unbreakable ideal more than some of us do culturally. Again, this is a wide brush I'm painting with, but I've run t/m types and I'm off the chain with zero regard for breakability.

But let's look at the elf sage because I think some see this as underwhelming. This is an all encompassing build with a moral zero sum team approach. Amnesia gets a bad rap in my opinion, but it's not seen in the battery I perceive it. If you'll notice spell effects, amnesia and nightmare work similarly in 2 separate fields. I want this high penetration unMVable capability to compliment the drastic bombardment of the dark elf mystics on either side of the division array.

What few kingdoms think about is the suppression effect in dropping Amnesia and Nightmare as a slow drip spell together. Because our 2 other sages are on the outer divisions, Premier and Plaza with Nightmare casters in the inner divisions, Deluxe and Continental. What's the point? These aren't only applicable to war, these can be follow up to counter abduction. So let's say some big kingdom crashes your mystics for abduction. They give relations. You counter with abductions which kick in gb protection, but follow with amnesia to sink the degree of loss deep on the counter victim. Sometimes you have to give a giant a bloody nose. He'll be alright if he backs off. The books will flow back. If not I'm showing you how you establish the triangle of breakability and to keep farm provinces to fuel the cause. As a rule I don't believe in letting big kingdoms off the hook unless they shave beneficial acres or show consideration due to unforeseen circumstances. But I digress.

The human undead is the dial up attacker here. If all divisions are carrying their own weight The Special Division HQ can embark on its own ventures. Here as the main attacker, the human undead can benefit from a great deal of divisional support. Since The Special Division HQ is bracketed by the Deluxe and Continental, a continuity of plague spreading and immunity is congruent with the avian and orcs: speed and power.

The bocan requires little explanation. The field of sabotage is shallow compared to ages past, but the capability here is unquestionable. We defend bocan interests because they can kill wizards and we like them for who they are.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-01-2018 at 22:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information