Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ~ StratO's Truck Stop: Age 74 Virtual Kingdom ~

Needs to get out more
    War Spoil Dynamics

Most kingdoms avoid the use of WS because the fear of having no incoming acres with army out can be hazardous when the plan isn't thought through. The upside is the acres can't be ambushed and in the case of dwarves can be built immediately at no cost.

These dynamics can be useful both in and out of war depending on the clearance the WS is used. We have to be mindful of watering down tpa/wpa but otherwise, with solid interference runs, we can increase our economy. The not so big secret is to cast WS after a couple of taps so you have army with acres coming in at the same time as the WS tap. You have to account for outside kingdoms jumping into wars as a precaution.

Dwarves can do this easily, but a wealthy kingdom can also, with accelerated build and army training. A good candidate might be dryads who have the military capability to ensure healthy taps and already have a training bonus. dryads have passive land efficiency from their food bonus. Faery have the defense and generally have a good trade balance to benefit as well. Dark elves have converted elites they might protect.

When do these strategies come into play? I've used WS tactics when I was alone in a shell kingdom as a human war hero. The number of randoms I encountered offered an understanding of attack rhythm; yes feel. Essentially out of war you have an ops ceiling that some kingdoms are reluctant to cross. Many an undead war hero were aware of the benefits of running a relatively high defense and WS as a means to protect elite conversions. This forces enemies to counter march only with no trash offense to ambush.

So if we amplify the WS effect to kingdom level we force our enemies to squander the meter thus making the likelihood of one sided ops a possible consequence. In war we can use WS as a separator to achieve higher economy thus dragon funding, training etc. In zone tactics we can use WS to extend the zone and open on big attackers to prevent life saving ambushes when they're chained.

It's not a tactic used liberally unless you're outclassing your enemy by a decent margin. Dwarves will have built acres in 6 ticks and as campers makes them considerable threats. This tactic, if used with faery casting, can make the undead dark elf a viable alternative to traditional attackers. They will increase defense as war continues making multitaps less likely as war creeps along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I would like to clarify my comments earlier in that I don't believe I'm a better player than anyone else so I don't categorize this thread toward players who've competed on the highest levels like yourself. I'm happy if anything I've illustrated triggers further brilliance on your part.
    You remind me of: I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.

My brain is simply laughing in delight that is the manner in which you put words together.

You flatter me too much, and it's working. Positivity motivates me to do what I can to help the people I play with. It's hard to make people want to go where you want to go so for now I'll just observe and help them reach their own goals if I can.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    You remind me of: I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.

My brain is simply laughing in delight that is the manner in which you put words together.

You flatter me too much, and it's working. Positivity motivates me to do what I can to help the people I play with. It's hard to make people want to go where you want to go so for now I'll just observe and help them reach their own goals if I can.
    Comes down to people enjoying the game rather than being addicted. My enjoyment comes from being the underdog, but the game requires dominant players and kingdoms to make being the underdog a reality. When I've had friends in the game attack me and my kingdom it comes from a place of competitive comradery...and a bit of black humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information