Thread: Guilds and wpa

Guilds and wpa

There are a lot discussions about the wpa and aw. AW is extremely strong long lasting dmg, hard to recover from. If rogues don't have bonus TDs they can't do it or at least is very hard. If mystics have CS and WTs they definitely can't do it. If they can do it... well it's not funny if you are the mage.

So here is a more 'balancing' idea. Nerf guilds production from 0.02 wizz/guild to 0.01. Triple bonus for mystics(0.03)/maybe double bonus for heretic(0.02). That way wpa will become much harder to obtain and mystics will need less overall wpa and less time to get it. AW won't do such high dmg that recovering from the war is going to take weeks. The dmg will still be significant and important but it will affect the province only during the war not for the next 2 wars.

Nerfing wizz starting bonus will be needed.

Veteran
    I feel like this deserved some replies. It is an issue that I think needs to be addressed.

This is an easy solution that I think would help. I dislike that it makes mystic (or perhaps heretic if the 0.02 is included, which I think it probably should be) more "mandatory" if you want to be able to do magic. But I can't immediately think of an equally easy alternative.

Alternatives I can think of would be along the lines of either boosting everyone's wizz production post war (which could have unintended side effects), boosting wizz production if you have been AWd substantially (maybe hard to implement), or making AW damage last for the war but not beyond, so wizards reappear after the war (maybe some issues with that too and it would have to be optional so that people don't get overpopped unless they want to).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    either boosting everyone's wizz production post war (which could have unintended side effects)
    That was implemented one age and mystics had to run 9+ rwpa to be able to do something. Here is some math:

Currently the meta is: 6 rwpa(mysitcs), 4 rwpa(non mystics t/ms/hybrids), 2 wpa attackers.
    With a nerf to wizz production that should look like: 3 rwpa(mystics), 2 rwpa(non mystics t/ms/hybrids), 1 wpa attackers

Currently training from 0-6(after very strong aw) with 50% guilds - 12.5 days.
    My suggestion: training 0-3 with 50% guilds - 8.3 days.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    That was implemented one age and mystics had to run 9+ rwpa to be able to do something.
    I didn't play that age but yeah, that was what I was imagining would happen when I said unintended side effects.

Continuing your numbers, non mystic/heretic t/ms/hybrids would take 16.6 days to recover from 0-4 rwpa now, and 16.6 to recover from 0-2 rwpa with your proposed system. That's why I say I dislike that it makes mystic (or heretic) more "mandatory" - the mystics get boosted but the others (except heretic) who use some magic do not so comparatively fall behind.

Few notes:

Super thieves do exist for several ages in some form and they have tons of stealth(+2) where mystics(more importantly super mystics) lost bonus mana. At the moment thievery is mandatory(you can do a lot things oow with your stealth - what can you do oow with your mana?).

WTs are weaker and there isn't much CS(last is fine). So not just there are super thieves(bocan/r) but also thievery is easier.

Rune sci production and channeling sci were split. So in order to be strong mage you need to invest in 2 categories(because magic requires two resources).

Overall: for the past few ages thievery is becoming much stronger and more noticeable in war and oow. So yeah I think mages need some love too.

Veteran
    And even more fundamentally, it is really dull having to spend 8 days pumping wizards after AW / massacre.

We've got rid of sci pumps and hopefully gone a fair way to getitng rid of elite pumping outside of EoW CF - now if we can fix the wizzard issue... :)

The whole reason it was increased to 0.02 was because AW is too powerful, now you want it reduced?

Wut
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Not just that - I want to increase mystics/hybrids wizz production. If mystics have double guilds it doesn't matter if it is 0.01 or 0.02 to get the 'needed' wpa you will need the same time. Decreasing the base value but increasing the bonus will lower the time needed and it will give mystics an option to have much higher rwpa compared with everybody else.

I guess people can stop picking mystic, then everyone will be rogues and everyone has no rituals. All attackers will be tacticians since only clearsight and massacres stop rogues. I haven't played mystic in awhile, but the last two ages have been rough. Consistently have the lowest science in the kingdom. Spend 2 weeks after war rebuilding wizards, typically dont even have two weeks between wars lately. Mystics have no power outside of war, guess they assume we got nothing better to do then wizard pump. Like why would we want to have universities or labs when we can stay at 60% guilds for weeks at a time ��
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Thread Information