Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake War

Clear fake war, no doubt about it.

Post Demon
    it is all about sniffing out what is shady about a deal and stay away from those wars, plenty of shady wars are still going on if you ask me, hardly any got actioned.

Most of the things I've seen was someone probably trying to trick me into a bad war, like last age where someone suggested a war and that we hit each others inactives after (mass message to the kingdom I started in, not the one I got moved to by request) or when someone suggest a war and that they will have a few provinces in vm to make it happen. Neither probably did anything that could be considdered offering fw, still if they have to go to such lengths to pretend that you'll get an even match when logic tells you that it is not then stay away.

If there is no possible decent match arround don't war until there is, and think twice before accepting a blank war offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    I don't try to come off mean but I am just honest without much of a filter.
    Aint that the damn truth....
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Not really my lane, but reading everything and looking at the news it does seem a bit fake. We just left a war, and we did just a bit over min time.. maybe 52 hours or something like that. We have almost double the amount of hits on each other and way deeper chains. No one hits every damn province like 2 or 3 times and chain provinces only 10 times. Looks like people were going max gains all war, sure ghettos might do that, but if we are talking about "organized alliances" how would something like that occur? Either A. your alliance is just terrible. B. your alliance doesn't know how to war. C. Both A and B. D. Its a fake war and both A and B are true as well. As for attacking Bart, I have been playing for a long time off and on since the start. Been back full time for about 9 ages I think maybe more. Only had a few interacts with him, he seemed polite and he responded to my in game messages and usually accepted CFs in a quick manner. I can say less for the bulk of monarchs in this game that I have interacted with. No one writes people, if i get war offers just have a title of war and a subject of interested? Seriously? This is monarchy these days? As for alliances, guess no one played back when REAL ALLIANCES were a thing. I was a monarch in Battle Field for ages and ages, won a lot of wars. Never joined an Alliance but fought them all the time. Sucked when they would have 3 outside kingdoms raze into war if their buddy was losing. AOD is no real alliance, its just a tag and people that want to be part of something. As a community we need to foster better habits, better players and police one another or else we will keep getting BS like this popping up. Way to go Jeff and David on fixing this stuff, game has gotten better with every age since they bought it. Anyways, those are my thoughts.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Forum Fanatic
    Who wars with all those lists of things not allowed and why ? Stop making deals that restrict game play and you won’t have to worry about what isn’t allowed

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    We obviously don't have the information that the admins do so it seems pointless speculating on whether it is or isn't a fake war.

However I agree with changeling post #58 that there are some grey areas where, as someone who is generally involved in leadership, I would welcome clarification. The biggest one for me is probably whether it's permissible to do things to try to limit long term damage to the other KD. For example, a few ages ago a KD we waved said they would war us if we agreed to various conditions. Things like no dragons which AFAIK are fine. However the one I wondered about in hindsight was that they wanted us to agree not to hit provs who were chained below a certain size (~100-200 acres i think). I said obviously if the prov in question continues participating in the war, we are not going to agree not to hit them as that would be ridiculous but if, after already being chained a particular prov is no longer participating in the war, then we wouldn't continue hitting them just for the sake of trying to kill them.

IMHO that's very different from excluding a prov from the war to begin with given it only happens after the prov is already badly damaged, and it doesn't relate to any particular prov but rather whichever happens to end up in that situation. But I don't know whether the devs see it as acceptable or not.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds View Post
    Did you look at the time of the message?

If you look at the time of the messages, He already declared on my kingdom and then sent me that message.

I only agreed to helping him out after the war was over.
    Let me be as clear as possible:
    It does not matter whether you agreed 10 minutes before the war was declared or 10 minutes after the war was declared. I'm not going to bother checking server logs, because frankly it doesn't change the result for you. You aren't going to have a full 48 hour war with an agreed outcome and claim it's real. Everyone can see from my post when you agreed - the same hour war began. This is not a grey area. This is an explicit agreement for one kingdom to surrender to another, after the full duration of war, in exchange for assistance.

@Changeling:
    The rules around fake war need to be somewhat vague because otherwise the playerbase will attempt to circumvent. If you have a specific question about a deal you are working on, feel free to email support and we will let you know.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post

@Changeling:
    The rules around fake war need to be somewhat vague because otherwise the playerbase will attempt to circumvent. If you have a specific question about a deal you are working on, feel free to email support and we will let you know.
    Fair point about people circumventing. The prior approval option is great - thanks!

JeffT,

I am not going to keep arguing with you. You quickly jumped to a decision without taking the correct steps for investigating everything. Its fine, I understand that the mods won't reinstate the province because then it would prove that you did mess up.

I think for next time, you should consult the people that are involved before deleting them, give them a chance to show you proof and plead their case.

Also, I think the whole fake war rule needs to be revised and clarified better then how it currently is stated.
    ~Diamonds~
    Founder of Art of Destruction (AoD) Alliance

JeffT,

I am not going to keep arguing with you. You quickly jumped to a decision without taking the correct steps for investigating everything. Its fine, I understand that the mods won't reinstate the province because then it would prove that you did mess up.

I think for next time, you should consult the people that are involved before deleting them, give them a chance to show you proof and plead their case.

Also, I think the whole fake war rule needs to be revised and clarified better then how it currently is stated.
    How can you tell the length of their investigation?

Why should they consult the people that are in question for breaking the rules? Do you consult the criminals in court when they are up to be judged? Stupid. They found evidence enough that warranted action and thats it, you cant fast talk your way out of things.

Most people seem fine with it, since most people dont get deleted for fake warring.

JeffT,

I think taking a hardline on fw is needed these days. Let the only communication with your opponent be "let's waaaaar!!" and their won't be any issues. No special parameters of "no dragons" or 'no aw" or " don't hit faeries" . No discussion that doesn't include talking about how you are going to whoop dat ass. No chance of being actioned for fw. Easy eh? You're welcome.

Everyone has excuses for why they did or didn't cheat. All real or imagined, can you imagine the time drain on admins? Lol. Take this as a learning experience.
    Last edited by ellivort; 18-11-2017 at 15:58.
    "She was a vixen and though she be but little, she is fierce"

Needs to get out more
    Recommending you relax, Diamonds.

You have more responsibilities than getting tough with developers. When you have the signature you have....

Your intuitive nature will complete that sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I thougth ruthless was an established kingdom since a few ages back and not some ghetto with a lose cannon in charge.

My symphaties no team should experience having a leader that don't care about any of the team members.
    There have been some wierd changes of power in the old kingdoms, or behaviors I've noted are different. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but that of misguided ambition.

I've noted some started bashing smaller kingdoms relentlessly, freak out when they're waved, invoke "better" strategy that results in self mutilation. I don't like to lead but might consider the task if this disintegration continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

This is fake news. If you fix the war mechanic (and mostly the bonuses) you won't have "fake" wars.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Postaholic
    Oh man, how did I miss this thread. Diamond getting deleted for fake warring...not surprised!

Thread Information