Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake War

I am not in 1:9

Sorry then, assumed you were.
    ~Diamonds~
    Founder of Art of Destruction (AoD) Alliance

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Shocking a alliance doing fake wars, bullying other kingdoms and target sharing. Hopefully other warring kingdoms will come to gather and shun any kingdom part of AOD. Seeing they are made up of warring kingdoms shouldn't be too hard to disband them. Just don't war them....
    I don't appreciate this comment. Despite what the happenstance of this case is, there are many KDs that fit none of what you just described and frankly shows you don't know what you're talking about.

“His jest shall savour but a shallow wit, when thousands more weep than did laugh it.”

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Veteran
    Shocking a alliance doing fake wars, bullying other kingdoms and target sharing. Hopefully other warring kingdoms will come to gather and shun any kingdom part of AOD. Seeing they are made up of warring kingdoms shouldn't be too hard to disband them. Just don't war them....
    Seeing they set up fake wars too now, they have eachother to war to end up high in the charts. Pretty sure they now learned to not use the in-game mail to set up their fake wars, so it may get harder to stop that in the future. But at least now it's clear how aod kd's get their war points.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Ive learned from past experience...dont argue with mods...you get banned lol
    Users are free to dispute things with administration so long as they remain civil and admin is willing to discuss it publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Users are free to dispute things with administration so long as they remain civil and admin is willing to discuss it publicly.
    Never said I didnt deserve my ban lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    If you agree to a predetermined outcome (even though) after the war has started, that's still a fake war. How hard is it to understand that ?
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Seeing they set up fake wars too now, they have eachother to war to end up high in the charts. Pretty sure they now learned to not use the in-game mail to set up their fake wars, so it may get harder to stop that in the future. But at least now it's clear how aod kd's get their war points.
    Really Uhm hoi? </3

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...8-NTSH-v-NOOBS

-DM <3

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

Forum Fanatic
    History always has a way of repeating itself from time to time.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast
    I don't try to come off mean but I am just honest without much of a filter. I appreciate honesty and respect it, even if I don't agree with what people are doing. Aka Bart. But AOD entire we are a defensive alliance is just pure bs. On top of that you guys just randomly let kingdoms in. So you are bound to bring in cheats, bullies and scumbags. Who now have even more power because your average ghetto will be scared of AOD, because it's a alliance. I am just saying your lying and probably even lying to yourself by saying it's a defensive only alliance. Anyways I don't really care I am off to have a good weekend. Just saying warring tier doesn't need or want a garbage alliances ruining our fun of good clean wars.

I don't try to come off mean but I am just honest without much of a filter. I appreciate honesty and respect it, even if I don't agree with what people are doing. Aka Bart. But AOD entire we are a defensive alliance is just pure bs. On top of that you guys just randomly let kingdoms in. So you are bound to bring in cheats, bullies and scumbags. Who now have even more power because your average ghetto will be scared of AOD, because it's a alliance. I am just saying your lying and probably even lying to yourself by saying it's a defensive only alliance. Anyways I don't really care I am off to have a good weekend. Just saying warring tier doesn't need or want a garbage alliances ruining our fun of good clean wars.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vz7AysMjcNGDe/giphy.gif

-DM <3

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

Postaholic
    Lets be honest, the moment 1:9 offered a win in exchange for helping out with removal of provs, any response other than an outright "no" was going to be taken as complicity in a fake war, regardless of 6:2's actual intentions during or after the war. Even saying they wouldn't consider helping until after the war was over could be taken as constituting agreement to helping in exchange for a win, even if Diamonds didn't want to accept the offer of a win but was just happy to get free acres after the war.

It's a tough call for the devs on this one. I'm not saying Diamonds is innocent or guilty. It could go either way depending on what we haven't been told. But I can see possible circumstances in which Diamonds thought he was turning down the free win and just accepting free acres after the war regardless of the war's outcome, however likely or unlikely those circumstances might be.
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Regular
    Just to clarify, because you know there's always something to learn and improve on, even in a bad situation. But the precise boundaries of "Fake Wars" are always something that could use clarification, and a case study like this would be great to give some clarity on a subject on which many of us don't have much of a window or insight into the judgment calls made.

For example, we all know the classic, agreeing to stop fighting before end of war, intentionally agreeing to lose a war, or agreeing to a farm out are definite signatures of a classic fake war.

However, it was useful for me to look at old forum threads to find out more about the grey areas and the boundaries, for example I found out after reading one case that agreeing to leave some provs out of a war entirely is not allowed - though of course makes sense in retrospect as that can be used to build up cows. However, that, on the other hand could be very close to (what I think is generally accepted), agreeing on certain no-go actions, like no Prop/AW on our mystics, or no PKs, or no Massacres - which strategically could take some provs out of the threat zone in a war (though correct me if I'm wrong Devs!)

I think this war was a grey zone, if the communications happened after the war began.

I mean it's a sliding scale, if a monarch says 'I'll surrender if we lose another 2,000 acres" that could be a "farm out" or it could just be acknowledging that, oh we're still even in acres, I'm not surrendering because I don't think we're behind until we lose at least another 2,000 acres".
    Or, for long wars where both sides are dug in and monarchs are trying to negotiate an end to the war, I don't think things like
    "I'll surrender at min time/or in 24 hours, but could you:
    (a) focus on Attackers X, Y, Z because they're too big and I don't want to have to deal with attackers twice as big as our T/Ms after the war, or
    (b) not PK my deep-chained 50 acre provinces and just max gain, or
    (c) can you hold off on AWing my mystics so that we don't need two weeks to recover"
    (as long as the agreement isn't to not hit certain provs entirely, but to shift focus, or to let someone know you're withdrawing so they can "max gain" on your oversized provinces - to me also doesn't have the hallmarks have a fake war. And asking someone to help focus on some problem provinces before you surrender is kind of in that same grey area for me too.

Right now, this deletion of Diamonds has a major chilling effect on all communication and negotiations during a war between monarchs as the boundaries aren't clear what could be deemed a fake war or not.

Unless the rule is simply - any communications regarding any change in focus of attention (even without excluding any provinces from danger entirely) during or before a war are forbidden.

In which case things like no-pk agreements, or no massacre/no abduct agreements which I see pretty often may be suspect as well.

I'll appreciate some clarification if anyone has the time.

I am not in any of these KDs so speculation is all I have.

This specs to be more...
    "We have no chance to win but could you hit our inactives more?"

Even so, the losing King could have been a liar trying to clear out users in opposition to him.
    I do wonder if the offending remarks were in private MAIL or WarForum for all to see. If I were a mod that transparency or secret communication would matter.
    I see nothing wrong with wanting help on useless provs.

I do understand now that matters not, targeting is considered bad from Mods view.
    I suppose I am saying I see both realities. A mods work can be frackin hard.

This is an awesome thread. Maybe better terminology would be arranged war.
    Last edited by kendy; 18-11-2017 at 15:40.

Based on what I have read here - no fake war.

Thread Information