Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of thieves to send on an operation

Number of thieves to send on an operation

How do you calculate how many thieves you have to send on an operation for optimal results? Is there some calculator or a formula I can use?

There's formulas for most of the ops in the Wiki; here's the link:

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...hieves_to_Send

Enjoy! :)

It may seem that I did not look at the wiki before posting here, but trust me that's not the case... Thanks a lot! Now I can put that in excel and have my own munkbot.

Regular
    There's also a very good thread by "Bart of Sparta", who helpfully shares a lot of his hard work and knowledge in there with the community, and which details and goes into basically every formula. Here's the link: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...and-Strategies
    Note though, the race/personality info will be out of date of course.

Further, this won't have incorporated the latest changes last age and this age to elite casualty rates for NS/Prop/NM yet - but I'm not sure formulae have been generally and publicly worked out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    There's also a very good thread by "Bart of Sparta", who helpfully shares a lot of his hard work and knowledge in there with the community, and which details and goes into basically every formula. Here's the link: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...and-Strategies
    Note though, the race/personality info will be out of date of course.

Further, this won't have incorporated the latest changes last age and this age to elite casualty rates for NS/Prop/NM yet - but I'm not sure formulae have been generally and publicly worked out yet.
    Why would you link to a thread that's over a year old when literally all of the info there is in the wiki?

Veteran
    AFAIK it's not all in the wiki - or at least not all in the wiki page that you linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    AFAIK it's not all in the wiki - or at least not all in the wiki page that you linked to.

Which makes total sense because that's the Thievery formulas page. That post contains much more information than that, all of which can be found in the wiki.

Veteran
    Sorry I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say was not all of the information about thievery formulas which is in Bart's post is on the thievery formulas page of the wiki that you posted.

Right, but all of that information is still contained within the wiki, which is still my point. There's no need to refer back to an old thread when we can (and should be) referring players to the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Right, but all of that information is still contained within the wiki, which is still my point. There's no need to refer back to an old thread when we can (and should be) referring players to the wiki.
    Though even it hurts me to say but that post by Bart is far more pedagogical than the wiki (even though it might be outdated at some part)

Veteran
    If it's all in there, then that's great. It isn't particularly easy to find though if that is the case. For example, having looked on the page you linked, plus the link on that page to "Night Strike" (http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...y#Night_Strike), I still can't find what % of specs and elites would be killed in an op other than it is a much smaller number than 13%. In looking for that, I also noticed that on the "Night Strike" page says kills for soldiers are up to 13% of the soldiers the enemy has. But on the thievery page you linked, the figures of 16% and 18% are given in the two tables depending on whether it is war or not. Maybe I am misunderstanding it?

I don't know if Bart's thread is right "Night strike:Kills 13% soldier, 0.55% specs, 0.3% elites", but it is easier to follow. So perhaps there is a space for both the thread at the moment.

ps I also just noticed so thought I'd point it out, the thievery page you linked includes crime science in the thievery yield formula. I think that's wrong (at least I hope so, or I had a major piece of knowledge missing for years!)

And I am not trying to bash the wiki at all, its great. But it feels great for people that already playing the game and need to check up on something.

That's the nature of the forum, but given that the OP asked specifically about formulas, which are all in the wiki, it doesn't make sense to link to an outdated thread.

As for the wiki itself, I've been brainstorming ways to improve navigation and visibility of formulas (the simplest of which is to add a link to thief/mystic formula pages in their respective sections). In the meantime, as the OP did here, asking is still a viable solution. As for any of the info contained within, there is stickied thread where you can submit any corrections that need to be made.

In regards to the Crime sci thing, that one I'm not 100% on; maybe it's calculating your TPA as part of your yield? I'll need someone more familiar with that to weigh in.

Regular
    Hi Crystopher,

I linked to Bart's thread as I noted the Wiki has already been posted (so the OP has been provided that resource) and I thought that once that thread has been provided, Bart's thread (even though outdated) provides a lot of additional relevant information, and there's really no other thread like it that compiles that much information in a single place.

One example, and directly relevant to OP's question is the nightstrike formula, which provides the specific numbers/formula for soldiers, but not the numbers for specs/elites. It also doesn't explain the way nightstrike works with "stacks" which is also necessary information for being able to correctly apply the nightstrike formula to calculate the number of thieves required to get an optimal result.

With a note to OP, the more specific thievery formula page on the wiki is located here:
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...age_Operations

Boy Chryspher sure dislikes Barts thread, w00f
    Any added info is swell. The wiki is a little old also. Not saying its wrong.
    from wiki.. Thievery Yield is reduced by 50% if your kingdom is in Fortification, an additional up to 50% if the target's kingdom is in Fortification,
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Thread Information