Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number of thieves to send on an operation

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Boy Chryspher sure dislikes Barts thread, w00f
    Any added info is swell. The wiki is a little old also. Not saying its wrong.
    from wiki.. Thievery Yield is reduced by 50% if your kingdom is in Fortification, an additional up to 50% if the target's kingdom is in Fortification,
    The wiki is cared for by the community/users, if you find any issues you can report it in a sticky thread here in Strategy talk and someone will adress it.

@changeling: I do understand your POV, but I still maintain that it's easier to point players to the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Boy Chryspher sure dislikes Barts thread, w00f
    Any added info is swell. The wiki is a little old also. Not saying its wrong.
    from wiki.. Thievery Yield is reduced by 50% if your kingdom is in Fortification, an additional up to 50% if the target's kingdom is in Fortification,
    I couldn't care less about the thread tbh, but I do care about having a centralized One-Stop Shop that we can send people to for any game information. As to the 2nd part of your comment, if any of the info is wrong then please post it in the stickied thread, as both myself and Korp have mentioned. If you take a look at that thread, you'll see that I do monitor it fairly regularly and make necessary edits ASAP.

I'd also like to point out that if anyone isn't happy about the way the wiki is presented or wants more clarity added, either signup to be an editor OR make a post in the stickied thread.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    You do a great job @Crystopher! Knowing @changeling. he's just being helpful :D

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Regular
    I understand Crystopher, if I were in your shoes I'd prefer to direct everyone to a single source too, and in the long run it's better to have everything centralized, and get everyone to rely on and contribute to the wiki rather than 10,000 individual forum threads and with repeated questions all the time.

The one thing I had in mind when I linked Bart's thread was the explanation of how Nightstrike worked in stacks. I'm not sure that can go into the wiki in the current page, but perhaps a link from the Nightstrike page to a separate Nightstrike page that explains exactly how it works?

I think it could easily be added to the Thievery Formulas page, similar to the table on the Magic Formulas page. It's barren enough that fleshing it out would be a huge improvement IMO.

Veteran
    I just want to say that in pointing out that not all of the info in Bart's thread is in the wiki, I wasn't criticizing the efforts of the people who take the time to update the wiki. You all do a great job at attempting to keep it up to date bearing in mind the devs aren't sharing a lot of the formulas. But at the same time we shouldn't complacently assume all the information is in the wiki as there are aspects lacking. That's not your fault of course, it's just unfortunate we have a situation with the game for now.

On the crime sci point, there is nothing else about tpa in the formula so it isn't that. I assume at some point someone writing the wiki thought thievery science increased gains (and maybe it did at some point when I wasn't playing?!). I suspect if it was meant to be there, one of the other people reading would have corrected the massive gap in my knowledge in not knowing :) It would be fairly easy to test it out, although at the cost of moving your thievery scientists around ;p Short of doing that, it coudl be tested by plugging in all the other variables and checking your results. However I suspect that the rest of the thievery formulas ("thievery yield" and "gains per thief") aren't up to date either so it may not be easy.

Thread Information