Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ritual Strength

Regular

Ritual Strength

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is by design or it's a bug, but all this time I read that for Ritual strength:
    - The Ritual Strength as displayed on the Throne page does not actually have a function yet
    - Ritual Strength on the Throne page is probably not the best word to describe the intended (eventual) function of this indicator, effectiveness is probably a better word

But currently, the strength % does have effect on the ritual effect.
    For example, if you have an expedient ritual with 80% strength, the military training reduction cost is only 80% of that 20% reduction.

Does this mean that the "eventual" function has been functioning now?
    Last edited by Aetherion; 20-11-2017 at 10:20.

OK I admit, I was skeptical. I hadn't noticed any change in build time during my last use of Expedient, and didn't pay attention to the train cost well enough, I guess...

Training as well as Build cost does rise as the Ritual strength decays... At a rate that corresponds to the ritual strength %.

Not sure if build time thing is just because it takes longer to get to a point where it will round up... But, when I was in Affluent, it didn't seem that the draft rate was affected by ritual strength, I didn't look very in depth at the time though tbh

Post Fiend
    BUMP

Any response would be nice. Since it wasnt announced as a change for the age, i would think ritual strength doesnt matter. But as I am sitting with Expedient, thieves which should cost 400, are glaring back at me with 403. (96.3% strength on ritual). Or is this the classic "Working by Design" even though no mention made in age 74 finals.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake2129 View Post
    Or is this the classic "Working by Design" even though no mention made in age 74 finals.
    This pretty much, it wasn't specifically mentioned in this age's changes, but it is the apparent design, and works that way.

Post Fiend
    Yeah but it would be nice if it was it was going into effect. Similar to they way they mentioned that rituals now cost 2 mana instead of 3...

Forum Addict
    I believe the ritual has been like this from the very beginning that the effect fades with strength. Nothing new about that? I can see how that we introduced the idea of "strength" if an opposing KD would seek to destroy it can be confusing -- is that the issue here?
    umunk.net
    Contact me if you want munkbot (find me on irc or on email).

No, in the past the decay down to 70% was intended to somehow be a 'timer', where after 120 hours, it reaches 70% and time is up!

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...t=ritual+timer

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...itual+strength

It had an eye toward the current function, which they admitted would not be implemented right away, and which is new this Age as far as anyone can else has reported. Prior to this Age only Affluent would have been possible to tell if it was fading, and even then it wouldn't be very obvious. You would have to calculate properly your exact BR, DR, Income, or probably most easily BE. Onslaught you might be able to figure out, but I am not 100% sure that people know how to reverse engineer honor gains to confirm though?

Plus, one of the other 2 full ages that Rituals have been in place, Affluent wasn't even really available unless you won a War.

If it has been in place since the beginning you guys failed to inform people of that.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    No, in the past the decay down to 70% was intended to somehow be a 'timer', where after 120 hours, it reaches 70% and time is up!
    If it was a timer, wouldn't it be going down to 0% instead?

read the linked threads, this question comes up.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    I believe the ritual has been like this from the very beginning that the effect fades with strength. Nothing new about that? I can see how that we introduced the idea of "strength" if an opposing KD would seek to destroy it can be confusing -- is that the issue here?

So is that the last word on this? Ritual strength is supposed to decrease with time? Working as intended?

Because looking at the age changes, nowhere is this indicated, in fact a post by Jeff in this thread contradicts that statement: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...e-possible-bug

23-06-2017, 10:27 #3
    Administrator
    "The strength as something that is meaningful didn't make it into final changes for the age -- the original plan was to give opponent kingdoms the ability to interact with your ritual, which is why the 'strength' is visible."

Can we get a comment on this from admin? This is kind of a big deal, it affects one of the major game mechanics.

Veteran
    The post you quoted is not from this age.

My understanding is originally it wasn't fully implemented as they couldn't code it in time, but now it is. I haven't checked myself in game though.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    The post you quoted is not from this age.

My understanding is originally it wasn't fully implemented as they couldn't code it in time, but now it is. I haven't checked myself in game though.
    Read the thread mate. Your understanding is false. Jeff states that strength was supposed to be tied to ABOLISH RITUAL, but was not implemented. Abolish ritual has since been implemented however ritual effect decay has never been in any change notes, I defy you to show me otherwise. Munk is suggesting in his post that rituals always decayed, if this was the case it most definitely was not supposed to be tied with ritual strength as jeff clearly states that ritual strength served no purpose when implemented. So there are really two possible things happening here: 1, this is an undocumented change which has not been reported anywhere until brought up by players as a bug or 2. this is a bug

Veteran
    Yes, I was saying option 1.

Age 72 proposed changes:
    "- The strength of a ritual will decay by 0.25% (nominal) per hour (if the KR is not reduced in strength by an opposing kd it would reach an automatic end point at 70% strength) "

That line was not in the final changes for age 72 but it shows what the dev's original intention was, and my understanding is that's where we are now.

During age 72, I actually thought the first part of that phrase (0.25% decay) was in place as when I had barrier up I thought I had DME of +7-10% rather than always +10%, but I didn't actually do the maths to check so it was probably my BE decreasing forts effect and I made the false assumption at the time that it was the ritual (although my assumption would be in line with what Munk said above, but contrary to what Jeff said).

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Yes, I was saying option 1.

Age 72 proposed changes:
    "- The strength of a ritual will decay by 0.25% (nominal) per hour (if the KR is not reduced in strength by an opposing kd it would reach an automatic end point at 70% strength) "

That line was not in the final changes for age 72 but it shows what the dev's original intention was, and my understanding is that's where we are now.

During age 72, I actually thought the first part of that phrase (0.25% decay) was in place as when I had barrier up I thought I had DME of +7-10% rather than always +10%, but I didn't actually do the maths to check so it was probably my BE decreasing forts effect and I made the false assumption at the time that it was the ritual (although my assumption would be in line with what Munk said above, but contrary to what Jeff said).
    touche mate... and :/

Enthusiast
    For what it's worth, the ritual effects have always been decreasing as the strength of the ritual decreased ever since rituals were introduced. I saw it for myself in the first age with Barrier ritual. Full strength ritual = 10% extra DME. At 70% strength ritual, it was giving 7% extra DME only.

Thread Information