Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: #imwithmike

Regular
    I understand more or less the intricacies of this game. I'm not blind to nuance. Which is really just another way of saying "I can tell the difference between different things."

For example, my girlfriend acts like a retard lots of times, and so I get pissed off at her. My little nephew, on the other hand, is ACTUALLY retarded and intellectually doesn't know the difference between an INTACT VASE and a BROKEN VASE. So if he gets careless and breaks something, I don't really get angry. I will, however, let him play with the shards and potentially CHOKE ON THEM, because his net contribution to humanity's future is essentially ZERO. Continuing with this analogy I WOULD NOT intentionally let my girlfriend choke on anything (except maybe my C&B) regardless of how badly she infuriated me.

In a similar way I agree with the devs that moderating the game is pretty difficult. I trust that most important decisions are democratic among the administrators and aren't always easy to make. I also sympathize and would also like to see people chillax (at least about conspiracy theories) and realize that Utopia has always (even during peak Mehul) been a work in progress and its very nature necessitates imperfection.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 05:44.

Enthusiast
    really mike? cmon man you know better
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    I've instructed our moderation team to be less lenient for good reason. Just because the forum/community attitude has devolved into the state it is in today does not mean it's acceptable. In order to perpetuate a positive movement we first need to take steps towards reducing the behavior that lead us here.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    I understand more or less the intricacies of this game. I'm not blind to nuance. Which is really just another way of saying "I can tell the difference between different things."

For example, my girlfriend acts like a retard lots of times, and so I get pissed off at her. My little nephew, on the other hand, is ACTUALLY retarded and intellectually doesn't know the difference between an INTACT VASE and a BROKEN VASE. So if he gets careless and breaks something, I don't really get angry. I will, however, let him play with the shards and potentially CHOKE ON THEM, because his net contribution to humanity's future is essentially ZERO. Continuing with this analogy I WOULD NOT intentionally let my girlfriend choke on anything (except maybe my C&B) regardless of how badly she infuriated me.

I hope this is some badly made joke. If not you're sick and a pretty disgusting Human being.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    This is why there is no single set standard for action, punishment, or otherwise and is the reason things of this nature are handled on a case by case basis.

Enough of the trash talk and whining please. Neither kingdom is being pushed out of eowcf because it's been extended. Only the members of the kingdoms will know when their end of war ceasefire will end.
    Seriously the bias accusations are getting old. I don't know who any of you are, I have never played with any of you, I don't recall ever being in any conflict or confrontation with any of you and have zero reason to hold resentment or whatever it is you're dreaming up. We as a team have a duty to each other and the company to uphold standards of integrity and justice for the well being of the game.
    I've instructed our moderation team to be less lenient for good reason. Just because the forum/community attitude has devolved into the state it is in today does not mean it's acceptable. In order to perpetuate a positive movement we first need to take steps towards reducing the behavior that lead us here.
    [Comment removed for content]
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 21-11-2017 at 17:42.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Wow

https://media.giphy.com/media/m7FE9qSHW1BUA/giphy.gif

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 21-11-2017 at 23:10.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I hope this is some badly made joke. If not you're sick and a pretty disgusting Human being.
    Well. He IS USING CAPITAL LETTERS WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A POINT.
    That might tell you something about his respect for other peoples intelligence at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Bull****.
    It is neither malicious nor a personal attack to call him cancer. It's merely a statement of fact, like calling you a terrible mod. Increased moderation of the forums is a bad thing and DavidC, obviously part of the problem, is a cancer to this place as a result.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    In the response box, there's a little picture of a tree between the unlink button a picture of a piece of film. Click on "From URL" and uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. Now you can paste your url in the box and now you've saved us all a lot of clicking lol

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    In the response box, there's a little picture of a tree between the unlink button a picture of a piece of film. Click on "From URL" and uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. Now you can paste your url in the box and now you've saved us all a lot of clicking lol
    Honestly, thank you soo much. I am a total tech nub and had no idea how you all do that rofl.

But still pasting links in "Eargasms", thatd be huge effing pages

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 21-11-2017 at 23:10.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Quote Originally Posted by skraz View Post
    really mike? cmon man you know better
    Hey mate, how’s things? Been a long time.

Also hi octo ��
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

There you are! Come to meeeeeeeee!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

So much salt and madness in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I didnot know the uncheck part. I got a url to work. How do I upload from my drive? I tried the browse, then upload button, from that same tree tab and it did not work for me.
    Last edited by kendy; 24-11-2017 at 02:25.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think the forums have issues hosting the images, which is why I recommend to everyone to uncheck the "reference locally" box. I'm pretty sure that's what that does and in my experience just linking it from a host has caused me exponentially less headaches than doing otherwise.

I'd recommend just uploading the image on your favorite image hosting site (imgur works well for me) and linking it from the url

Thread Information