Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: #imwithmike

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    There has been transparency? Since when is communication Tru a forum that. Its been said to mail support. And there is no reply at all.
    I also get accused of cheating in a war where I didn't even had a prov.
    If people would stop wasting the Devs' time through the forum maybe they would get more time to reply to support emails. Preferably people (in this case, Mike) could stop wasting their time with cheating in the first place...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jefft View Post
    and no, the other kingdoms will not be actioned, as they are not at fault for the actions of the multis that were employed.

Don't want to get actioned? Don't cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    rens you are guilty by association as are all members of the kingdom regardless of your actual innocence. Therefore action on your account is necessary even though you may not have perpetrated any crimes.
    huhuhuh???

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    huhuhuh???
    Their kingdom lost out because of the cheating.

The kd rens was in benefited from the cheating.

This really so complicated?

Regular
    there were cheaters in both kingdoms.

this really so complicated?

10/10 post

Post Demon

There was one cheater. His actions benefitted one kingdom to the detriment of the other.

The kd that benefitted is being punished.

The kingdom that was hurt is nit.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    There was one cheater. His actions benefitted one kingdom to the detriment of the other.

The kd that benefitted is being punished.

The kingdom that was hurt is nit.

There was one cheater, yes, so maybe I should have phrased my post differently. But the cheater played in both kingdoms and both kingdoms were "his" kingdom.

I'm not sure what being "hurt" or "benefitting" has anything to do with anything. I definitely don't see anything in the rules that draws a distinction. For one thing, that's a bit subjective, isn't it? And there's tons of precedence for kingdoms that are "hurt" due to FW getting actioned along with the kingdom that "benefits." Clearly the kingdom that was "hurt" in this case did benefit because it fulfilled the objective of one of its members (the multi). No, it wasn't the other members' faults. But the same is true for the other kingdom. Really so complicated?

Read DavidC's post carefully. Read JeffT's post carefully. They are in obvious contradiction to each other.

You absolutely have to action both sides of the conflict for the action to mean anything. Who knows? Maybe the other side accepted IRL cash into a PayPal account in exchange for the acres/honor/ww. why not? people spend real money all the time in this game for credits. oh but they didn't "benefit." no one would ever know.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 02:07.

Read DavidC's post carefully. Read JeffT's post carefully. They are in obvious contradiction to each other.
    Because one of the two has an Agenda. DavidC clearly stated to multiple people yesterday the 'Vacation Mode' was temporary so that he could "fix the database" or whatever silly scheme he was up to would finish, even going to far as to tell someone in the KD that "VM would end within an hour" Instead, he's using it as a stall tactic to ensure the KD gets farmed out with 200+ million in resources and nothing trained out of EOWCF.

But, of course, there is no agenda here.

/rolleyes
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Regular
    No, it's really simple. One side of the conflict are victims and were strung along by a multi. But the other side of the conflict were unwittingly complicit in the multi's crimes and are guilty by association. because I was absent the day my teacher introduced the concept of symmetry in elementary school geometry class.

Administrator
    This is why there is no single set standard for action, punishment, or otherwise and is the reason things of this nature are handled on a case by case basis.

Enough of the trash talk and whining please. Neither kingdom is being pushed out of eowcf because it's been extended. Only the members of the kingdoms will know when their end of war ceasefire will end.
    Seriously the bias accusations are getting old. I don't know who any of you are, I have never played with any of you, I don't recall ever being in any conflict or confrontation with any of you and have zero reason to hold resentment or whatever it is you're dreaming up. We as a team have a duty to each other and the company to uphold standards of integrity and justice for the well being of the game.
    I've instructed our moderation team to be less lenient for good reason. Just because the forum/community attitude has devolved into the state it is in today does not mean it's acceptable. In order to perpetuate a positive movement we first need to take steps towards reducing the behavior that lead us here.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    We didn't cheat!
    And if we did cheat, you have no proof!
    And if you do have proof, then there's clearly a conspiracy against us!
    And if there's not a conspiracy, then the admins are being unfair!

Learn2Play noobs.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    This is why there is no single set standard for action, punishment, or otherwise and is the reason things of this nature are handled on a case by case basis.

Enough of the trash talk and whining please. Neither kingdom is being pushed out of eowcf because it's been extended. Only the members of the kingdoms will know when their end of war ceasefire will end.
    Seriously the bias accusations are getting old. I don't know who any of you are, I have never played with any of you, I don't recall ever being in any conflict or confrontation with any of you and have zero reason to hold resentment or whatever it is you're dreaming up. We as a team have a duty to each other and the company to uphold standards of integrity and justice for the well being of the game.
    I've instructed our moderation team to be less lenient for good reason. Just because the forum/community attitude has devolved into the state it is in today does not mean it's acceptable. In order to perpetuate a positive movement we first need to take steps towards reducing the behavior that lead us here.
    im not one of those conspiracy theorists who believes the devs have agendas, btw. I respect the case-by-case nature of enforcing action and have no reason to believe that the owners are biased at all. In a game like Utopia, everything is a spectrum and there are no fine lines, in both gameplay and administration. I just have no idea what a fake war is anymore. I don't know what it is, what the punishment is, or who is held accountable for it. it's a frustration of mine that extends beyond the game's current ownership. i think lately in the game it's become an increasingly hot button issue, possibly due to the "fake news" meme permeating irl culture, lol. But I've been involved in wars in the past that were uncontroversial that would absolutely be considered "fake" in the games current climate. And I just don't really know anymore.

But I believe 100% with all fiber of my being that wars CANNOT BE UNILATERALLY FAKE. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that you can have a war that is "fake" because of the actions of just one side. Which means naturally I expect action to be the same for both sides. In this case, it involved both sides, and I agree with the concept of "guilt by association" in this case. Which necessarily involves collateral damage, whatever, but that's unavoidable.

It's difficult to enforce all the rules fairly, and it's a thankless task. But when we are talking about a game for which a single round lasts 3 whole months of real time, and a person perceives that he has been deleted or actioned unfairly, expect a fair share of salty tears. I can go play Mario Kart or something instead, but eh.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 02:57.

Regular
    My name is LeBron James and I play in an alternate-reality version of the NBA. This NBA has established the concept of a foul and has told me that I can't commit them. There are no referees, but I get to decide what is and isn't a foul.

In other words, the NBA asks me to self-enforce the game rules.

After the game, league officials can (if they feel like it) review PART of the game to make sure that I am SELF-ENFORCING the rules correctly. If they decide I'm not, they can void all my points and suspend me for 10 games.

On top of that, the definition of "Foul" is not provided to me. Instead, I, LeBron James, have to more or less just kinda "feel it out." The game mechanics allow me to do all sorts of cool things. Like the league gives me a shotgun before every game, and I can blast the heads off my opponents. Oh but, you see, actually the league doesn't want me to use the very shotgun that they gave me.

A game that does not properly DEFINE THE RULES, allows game mechanics to BREAK THE RULES, and simultaneously expects SELF-ENFORCEMENT of rules is a BROKEN GAME.

Seriously, there is like ONE SENTENCE in the guide about fake wars. An ATTEMPT to even sorta kinda EXPLAIN to people, potentially NEW PLAYERS, what a fake war is would be really HELPFUL. At the very least it will eliminate SOME of the gray area.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 03:45.

Hi LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post

+1 to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    We didn't cheat!
    And if we did cheat, you have no proof!
    And if you do have proof, then there's clearly a conspiracy against us!
    And if there's not a conspiracy, then the admins are being unfair!

Learn2Play noobs.
    +1 to this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Because one of the two has an Agenda. DavidC clearly stated to multiple people yesterday the 'Vacation Mode' was temporary so that he could "fix the database" or whatever silly scheme he was up to would finish, even going to far as to tell someone in the KD that "VM would end within an hour" Instead, he's using it as a stall tactic to ensure the KD gets farmed out with 200+ million in resources and nothing trained out of EOWCF.

But, of course, there is no agenda here.

/rolleyes
    This dude is literally the Uto version of DJT...

Thread Information