Thread: #imwithmike

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular
    I understand more or less the intricacies of this game. I'm not blind to nuance. Which is really just another way of saying "I can tell the difference between different things."

For example, my girlfriend acts like a retard lots of times, and so I get pissed off at her. My little nephew, on the other hand, is ACTUALLY retarded and intellectually doesn't know the difference between an INTACT VASE and a BROKEN VASE. So if he gets careless and breaks something, I don't really get angry. I will, however, let him play with the shards and potentially CHOKE ON THEM, because his net contribution to humanity's future is essentially ZERO. Continuing with this analogy I WOULD NOT intentionally let my girlfriend choke on anything (except maybe my C&B) regardless of how badly she infuriated me.

In a similar way I agree with the devs that moderating the game is pretty difficult. I trust that most important decisions are democratic among the administrators and aren't always easy to make. I also sympathize and would also like to see people chillax (at least about conspiracy theories) and realize that Utopia has always (even during peak Mehul) been a work in progress and its very nature necessitates imperfection.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 05:44.

Thread Information