Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: To the Game Admins

Not exactly. Without this system, there would be no need for organised KDs to stay low. They would have rushed ahead trying to build their cows and the difference in acres/nw would have been too huge for them to pick on competition out of their league, unless ofc target is fat. That way, they would be fighting in their own league, whereas KDs of similar commitment would find similarly matched competition.

In theory.

I think people forget the context of the situation....

This is the 2nd age that this new system was implemented and for the fact that it only took 1 age until someone tried to exploit it...which was corrected rather quickly in the long term.

I think any of the KD players in emerix's KD threatening to quit the game (even after being the KD that was involved but not responsible) are over-exaggerating and should just relax. Be happy that we have owners who know how modern cheaters are working to game the system and are willing to make the moves that ensure fair play...

What if the admins allowed the war to continue in which possibly the KD you were warring maybe had other motives unbeknown to you that may have affected you with an outcome....maybe to get your KD land fat so a bigger allied KD can feed off you or maybe for his KD to be placed lower to get more honor throughout the age?

Would you then complain that there wasn't enough done to have stopped it?

I rather have a pro-active administration than a reactive administration
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    So basically we are back to the gate being the ability to set up a cow or not if the old system was back in place if you wanted to compete for a crown, with all other tiers falling into place, the first KD to properly do so having an advantage over its competition, without that organization off the bat, you're not getting a chance to choose what tier you wish to compete in.

Under the current system, all KDs are equal until more established KDs take less established KDs to war and build off them, if we were comparing a sport to this, you'd call it points instead of war win bonuses. Losing stinks, but at least you as fair a shot as your opponent.

Both systems have their room for unfair play, but the admin is looking to improve on policing this behaviour.

I see less issue with the new system as it creates a more balanced format where any team can compete wherever they want if theyre willing to compete at a that level of organization, unless I'm missing something where people are forced into wars they do not wish to fight. That said, there's always room for improvement as issues surface.

With the old system, unless you had a friendly KD able to plunder the eff out of 1-2 of your provs and organize the aid during GBP, you weren't making it to the top no matter how much effort you put into competition.

Though it is midnight and I could be looking at it funny xD Anyway, thanks for the discussion; I thoroughly enjoyed it and while I will check back tomorrow for any replies, I need my beauty sleep lol.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 22-11-2017 at 08:07.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post

This is the 2nd age that this new system was implemented and for the fact that it only took 1 age until someone tried to exploit it...which was corrected rather quickly in the long term.

I think any of the KD players in emerix's KD threatening to quit the game (even after being the KD that was involved but not responsible) are over-exaggerating and should just relax. Be happy that we have owners who know how modern cheaters are working to game the system and are willing to make the moves that ensure fair play...

What if the admins allowed the war to continue in which possibly the KD you were warring maybe had other motives unbeknown to you that may have affected you with an outcome....maybe to get your KD land fat so a bigger allied KD can feed off you or maybe for his KD to be placed lower to get more honor throughout the age?

No it isn't. The war win bonus is the root of the problem and that started a long time ago. Improving the WW bonus made it worse, forcing bad kds to take land instead of honor made it worse still, and the individual pool bonus being part of it now necessitates it to happen, which is the icing on the cake.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Enthusiast

e happy that we have owners who know how modern cheaters are working to game the system and are willing to make the moves that ensure fair play... <---lol

Regular

Generally speaking, we're not angry or sad or disappointed that the war was cut off halfway. Where we feel hard done by is that even the losing side in a normal war gets build/spec creds whereas we got none. Rightly or wrongly, some of us developed the perception that we were being punished in a situation where we did nothing wrong.

We would have been happier with being reset back to where we were just before war was declared so that we could have gone about business as usual trying to look for another war. As it is, we had a tough choice to make since some of our attackers had gained land in the halted war. Do we drop eowcf early? Do we let them pump a bit? If we let them pump, what do the rest do? Switch to pump mode? With no creds and little gold incoming, and no ability to steal gold to finance switch, it was a mighty pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by emerix View Post
    Generally speaking, we're not angry or sad or disappointed that the war was cut off halfway. Where we feel hard done by is that even the losing side in a normal war gets build/spec creds whereas we got none. Rightly or wrongly, some of us developed the perception that we were being punished in a situation where we did nothing wrong.

We would have been happier with being reset back to where we were just before war was declared so that we could have gone about business as usual trying to look for another war. As it is, we had a tough choice to make since some of our attackers had gained land in the halted war. Do we drop eowcf early? Do we let them pump a bit? If we let them pump, what do the rest do? Switch to pump mode? With no creds and little gold incoming, and no ability to steal gold to finance switch, it was a mighty pain in the ass.
    I agree you should have been given credits for rebuild...I think that was handled poorly.

I can see the war win bonus being a problem for KDs who prefer to be small vs more experienced kds who prefer to be big...though I have always had the belief that if a KD isnt forced to learn to play with bigger acres he will never learn on his own accord to play a different style other than what they know.

I do find it funny that though its no longer relevant ... The ability to switch between war win bonuses is still available in the game code to monarchs...just that the only possible choice is "combined"
    Last edited by DonJuan; 22-11-2017 at 15:40.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'll respond with your response

The war wasn't cut off because they complained to support that they didn't want to be in that war. The war was cut off because their monarch was a multi that set up fake wars previously and even attempted to make their current war into a fake one. It's safe to assume that in the future, if your monarch is a multi and/or sets up fake wars that your war may come to a sudden halt. Anything beyond that is just you trying to pitch a fit because the admins actually bothered to action your cheating friends for cheating.
    Again, read the thread "moderator" rather than spamming it and all others with irrelevant drivel and fetishist images of Taylor Swift.

The monarch was a multi in that he had 2 provinces in his own kingdom. It didn't play into him setting up fake wars.
    The kingdom crying about the war coming to a halt is the one that accepted his spontaneous, not-fake-war-termed war proposal.

The debate here centers around whether or not the war should have ended because the monarch had previously tried to set 'fake war terms' after war had started with Diamonds KD, and his kingdom was against the whole war to begin with (ie: he was getting them into wars at random without their consent).

If you'll read DavidC's posts, as I pointed out previously, you will see that no 'fake war terms' were ever made for the war discussed in this thread.

So the war was started legally (elected ingame monarch using a valid feature to propose wars)
    The monarch was not baiting or farming wars using multies
    No 'fake war terms' were agreed upon

Why then was the war ended? Typically if a monarch was found to be running multies during his kingdoms' war, he'd be deleted with the multies and war would be left to continue as normal.

The war was in no way fake, even if the declaring monarch always intended to farm out and withdraw to **** over his kingdom. If that sort of personal (or even kd wide) motive were grounds to end wars, then Zauper & Hawk have been extremely negligent the last 3 ages....

David & Jeff have decided that wars should now arbitrarily be terminated because the monarchs are not acting in their kingdoms' best interest. This is bull****. As is your continued status as moderator.
    Last edited by Pillz; 23-11-2017 at 17:52.

Knock it off Steel
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thats just it. They dont care about us we are not in the good ole boys club. we got put into vacation 4 ages unless we changed names but i see the same stuff all the time.

3 ages ago we had someone take over a big mage province and defected after 1 day right before war. which we lost then. so during eowcf a few provinces mad at him razed him. which gave that kingdom button and they declared right when we came out of eowcf......Hence free war win. mods didnt step in there to take away a free war win. They refuse to actually give any facts or give any real explantation. like many people have said wins were manipulated at top last age nothing happened. That is why we have provinces quiting

"Knock it off steel" thats about the extent of the content.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Knock it off Steel
    What part of his post is wrong. I don't generally agree with him but I have a hard time refuting anything in that post.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz
    David & Jeff have decided that wars should now arbitrarily be terminated because the monarchs are not acting in their kingdoms' best interest. This is bull****. As is your continued status as moderator.
    You are correct. That first sentence was in fact 100% bull****.

As far as my moderation, you are actually right. My efforts in moderating these forums have been less than inspired lately. I apologize to Bishop, the new owners, the old owners and to any posters who were affected by my efforts. From here on, it will be my goal to make this place a more hospitable for Utopians. A place where everyone can feel comfortable posting without either being treated poorly or having their posts derailed by things that happened 10 years ago.

Happy thanksgiving to my fellow American Utopians and have a swirvey day :)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Somedude View Post

3 ages ago we had someone take over a big mage province and defected after 1 day right before war. which we lost then. so during eowcf a few provinces mad at him razed him. which gave that kingdom button and they declared right when we came out of eowcf......Hence free war win. mods didnt step in there to take away a free war win. .
    That makes sense - you gave out the button, they were entitled to use it.

But I too am struggling to understand the current situation in this thread. That KD's representative made a war proposal which got accepted.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You are correct. That first sentence was in fact 100% bull****.

As far as my moderation, you are actually right. My efforts in moderating these forums have been less than inspired lately. I apologize to Bishop, the new owners, the old owners and to any posters who were affected by my efforts. From here on, it will be my goal to make this place a more hospitable for Utopians. A place where everyone can feel comfortable posting without either being treated poorly or having their posts derailed by things that happened 10 years ago.

Happy thanksgiving to my fellow American Utopians and have a swirvey day :)
    You stepping down?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    You stepping down?
    That implies being a mod in these forums is an elevated position. I would have asked "Are you climbing out?" as being a mod is more akin to dropping into an outhouse and sorting through the **** that lands on and around you.

Thread Information