Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cavalier Club: A Discussion on Fair War Practice

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Hahaha so the OP is in AOD and is asking for everyone to list a bunch of shady tactics? That's gold.
    Au contraire, as stated in the OP, this is meant to be a Q&A format for players to bring any questionable examples to those that weigh in on what is fair play and what isn't. Continuing to grandstand based on my in-game affiliation is wearing thin tbh. As to my KD personally, I save all my war reports and would gladly show you ages worth of conflicts as proof to my integrity if anyone here disputing so would like to step down from their grandstand and PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    Delusional Grandeur

****No Grandtstanding or Trolling please. Let's Have fun and stay informed!!!*******

I've asked so many times already, albeit very nicely if we could adhere to the format please and thank you.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 22-11-2017 at 00:57.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    Au contraire, as stated in the OP, this is meant to be a Q&A format for players to bring any questionable examples to those that weigh in on what is fair play and what isn't. Continuing to grandstand based on my in-game affiliation is wearing thin tbh. As to my KD personally, I save all my war reports and would gladly show you ages worth of conflicts as proof to my integrity if anyone here disputing so would like to step down from their grandstand and PM me.

I've asked so many times already, albeit very nicely if we could adhere to the format please and thank you.

-DM <3
    I've asked my question Diamond's Munchkin, not my fault you didn't like it ROFL

It was even in the format you asked for, a genuine question, what's your problem!

Re the comments on your ingame affiliation - you aren't that young so please don't say you haven't heard the old saw 'touch pitch and be defiled' :)

And I suggest you look up what grandstanding means - I think you will find it is far more applicable to yourself than to any other poster in this thread :)

Regular
    I don't have any questions that come to mind, but the premise of this thread is good. I'm not sure the owners will make offer their judgements here (I believe they posted elsewhere that going "case by case" is important when deciding what counts as cheating/unfair play, with the somewhat understandable reasoning that itemising an exact list of what is considered cheating may encourage the lesser angels to seek out ways to bend the newly stated "rules").
    However it's not a bad idea to get the viewpoints of a swathe of Utopian's as to which action is considered unfair, or cheating, or whichever. Often accusations of unfair play end up with the accuser and the accused trading insults and much of the rest chiming in depending on how they feel about each side.

The fact that these questions are phrased more neutrally/impersonally (although I'm sure some reflect personal experiences) means the overall viewpoint of the players can be better expressed. That's worthwhile. So I wouldn't assume bad faith on the thread creator's part. Generally speaking, people looking to find new ways to be unpleasant don't ask their potential victims "Hi there, what could I do that would really piss you off?"
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    So I wouldn't assume bad faith on the thread creator's part. Generally speaking, people looking to find new ways to be unpleasant don't ask their potential victims "Hi there, what could I do that would really piss you off?"
    Well when the OP is a member of inner circle of an alliance whose leader has just been deleted for FW....and she starts a thread seeking to find out the exact legal parameters of FW from the devs....it's rather a leap of courage to assume it IS in good faith, or maybe you missed that bit?

This thread is to talk strategy for fair war practices, not to sneer at anyone. Please keep it on track as this could be a very important thread to everyone but especially any new players.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If an alliance leader and monarch is deleted for a cheating FW, is he allowed to be invited back into the kingdom he was deleted from so he can start again? And if so, do the devs keep a particular eye on provinces joining said kingdoms? :)
    The game admins don't dictate where you can or can't play. If you're allowed to play then you're allowed to play.

And I doubt they'd get into detail on their cheating detection methods.

Post Fiend
    To new player: Just follow orders and ask question to your KD about stuff you don't know. Don't bother reading this thread it overcomplicates very basic things. Also why is the thread OP so OCD?
    Last edited by FATstrat; 22-11-2017 at 01:43.

I've asked my question Diamond's Munchkin, not my fault you didn't like it ROFL
    Smh

You're correct @Calya, I would like sensible player input, I even have some suggestions myself, but where I, and the player base don't really investigate or sanction bad play, my hopes were to get some feedback for all my readers from those that do handle this burden. All in the interest of creating a reference guide for new and old players alike who may have questions regarding their interactions and whether it is considered "Fair Play" without the arbitrary nonsense that has already plagued the thread.

I'm not one to quit! :D there's always a chance to turn it around, so Utopians! If the first few pages haven't scared you off, feel free to leave your examples and questions here, and let's open the discussion together :D Maybe in the future our magnificent moderators might clean up some of the nonsense to make it more comprehensible! :D

-DM <3

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

Regular
    Well when the OP is a member of inner circle of an alliance whose leader has just been deleted for FW....and she starts a thread seeking to find out the exact legal parameters of FW from the devs....it's rather a leap of courage to assume it IS in good faith, or maybe you missed that bit?
    I do some mild lurking of these forums to keep abreast of the various dramas, so while I hadn't thought about it in those terms I hadn't entirely missed it either. I recall from another thread DM claiming that the fake war incident should not result in the tarring of all AoD kingdoms and players with the "cheater" label. I disagree with that. Any alliance (or kingdom) is represented by it's constituent parts; Good and bad. That's how life works, and it's certainly how Utopia works.

With that said, this isn't framed as a thread on how "AoD can avoid getting deleted for fake warring" (Suggestion - Don't do it).
    It's more general than that. It's framed as a thread for asking the owners questions about grey areas of unfair play. I think the premise of the thread is unlikely to work as intended, as I mentioned the developers are probably not going to swoop down and explain exactly what constitutes "fair play" in every situation. But that doesn't mean it's flawed, as other users can weigh in, as I mentioned before, without the personal/dramatic way that than the dozens of threads about "unfair play" end up turning into slagging matches.

Also, consider the first question; It relates exclusively to termed wars (specifically disallowing AW and massacre) and asks if that would be an infraction. That seems an easy question to me (it applies to both kingdoms, so no, it would not be an infraction in and of itself. Having terms in war is still foolish in my view, but to each their own). But the question has nothing to do with the fake war or unfair play by AoD/Diamonds/whatever.

I don't know DM or Diamonds, and barring a handful of wars I've had little interaction with AoD kingdoms (nothing memorably good or bad). It appears you know him/them much better, so of course that changes your perception of the actions you see.
    However, even if this thread is set up with the wrong intentions (something I don't think is the case) that doesn't mean it can't still have value and be useful.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Forum Addict
    Sorry to correct you Sassy, but the OP has specifically pointed out that this thread was started not to talk strategy around fair war practice, but to determine what is and what is not an actionable offence.

She is not seeking the opinions of other Utopians, or an open discussion.

The devs have previously said, and it states in wiki, that every cheating situation (including FW) will be treated on a case by case basis, precisely to avoid the creative elements finding a way round them, so I think she will wait quite a while for her answers.....and one cannot simply ignore the fact that her alliance leader was just deleted for cheating and treat the query as a tabula rasa. Context is king, ya know?

Fair & Honorable Play

Look no further! This Q&A format thread is all about an open forum for all your examples and questions you would love to see the Lords weigh in on as they see fit.

Anyway, lets try and make this more a Q&A than a player opinion thread, I don't have to tell you all there are a lot of threads out there for that lol. Leave your examples and questions here and let's see if we can get some Admins to answer! :D

-DM <3
    Thank you soo much for your question, @Danjor! Hopefully we will see some of the Utopian Lord's weigh in on the subject instead of the playerbase :D

No such thing as a dumb question, the more examples we inquire about sooner gives our Devs more options to weigh in on! :D

-DM <3

Ok guys, while I love a good debate as much as the next person, there are a lot of threads presently open for debate and opinions from the playerbase. The format and purpose of this thread is to ask questions and give examples from the players in the hopes the people who investigate and sanction bad play will give feedback.

-DM <3

Enthusiast
    Removed for off-topic content. Please PM me or a mod to discuss specific complaints.
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 22-11-2017 at 02:54.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    This thread is to talk strategy for fair war practices, not to sneer at anyone. Please keep it on track as this could be a very important thread to everyone but especially any new players.
    The first post says to ask admins about fake war tactics to see what is allowed. They have already stated that things are looked at case by case, so what is the point of the thread?
    Last edited by Pestilence; 22-11-2017 at 02:20.

If I bothered to play competitively in any way and I heard of a kd setting no aw/ no massacre war terms I would report it as I consider it against the code of conduct.

Reasoning: Honor/Sci are key in competitive wars.
    If you don't have to repump your wizards after war and I do, you have gained time allowing you to load more honor/pump sci.

I am pretty much on the ethical side nowadays though.

Edit: I don't expect admin answers otherwise it may be abused by some, so giving answers based on my own ethics/opinions.
    Last edited by makeo; 22-11-2017 at 02:33.

Thank you @Makeo for your honest opinion! I'm not sure whether the Utopian Lords will weigh in either (they are busy people), but I hold out hope, not necessarily for my question so much as for the newer players who may have questions or examples.

Being a Monarch is demanding; you're voted in to do the heavy lifting and have anywhere from 15-24 other provinces depending on you. At some point I hope this becomes an open forum where new monarchs, and old, can broach the concerns they have with real answers. By providing examples, hopefully they can receive a ruling on a scenario before they cause themselves, and everyone depending on them grief.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 22-11-2017 at 02:47.

#MUTINY-FM

H.O.E

I remember when you used to be able to say no dragons as a war term. I'd be curious if that's still common place and/or an acceptable term.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Thread Information