Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Cavalier Club: A Discussion on Fair War Practice

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I'm only using friends to provide buttons from ghettos until paradise stops taking pool acres. Otherwise, where the land gonna come from?
    I loled. Its funny... because its true. Thx octo :)
    Last edited by Tadpole; 26-11-2017 at 15:51.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    To clarify my response to changeling: The bit I was saying might be against the rules was the hypothetical example changeling gave of 2 Kds agreeing to raze into each others wars to help each other throughout the age. Razes into wars due to grudges is within the rules AFAIK.

Although I just looked at the rules and whilst there is a section on "fair and honorable play", the detail it gives doesn't cover this situation and i'm not sure it is clear whether not playing fairly/honorably is by itself against the rules when it doesn't come within the points listed (eg language / manipulation of bugs etc).

To eliceno: With the above in mind, if your KD genuinely didn't do anything to lead to KDs razing into your wars, you could try reporting it to the support email and asking if that is permitted by the rules / fair and honorable play and see what happens. I note that 8:4's KD name yesterday was "28 razes for hire". In any case, it isn't fun. I've warred your KD before and had no issues with your KD. Good luck.

@Zombies: The "sic" in your quote of me made me actually lol.
    "sic" is throwing shade for academics =P

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    "sic" is throwing shade for academics =P
    I swear it wasn't xD re-quoting without editing for the sake of the format xD
    "Thus it has been written"

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 27-11-2017 at 01:54.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

I see it's against the rules to "create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    I see it's against the rules to "create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others."
    Yes indeed - although I am not following what point you are making based on that observation?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Yes indeed - although I am not following what point you are making based on that observation?
    Just out of curiosity. Is there another purpose for creating a false identity?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Is there another purpose for creating a false identity?
    Well theoretically you could argue that a Top KD "hiding" by just not actively identifying themselves by a usual known identity isn't actively misleading others, i.e. not actively claiming that they are someone else. As it is within the games rules and mechanics to create a new prov names etc. every age, so technically everyone is creating a "different" identity - which could be considered a "false identity" but it's not intended to deceive anyone into thinking they are anyone other than province X in age 74 (and there's nothing requiring anyone to actively identify who they were in a past age).

But that this could be triggered if I say, changed my prov name to "Bishop" and message a smaller KD saying they have to war us or we'll delete them =P Or if knowing say Kingdom Flooblenoobs promised Kingdom Megatonic 10 retal free hits this age for something last age, to rename yourself as Megatonic this age and trick Floobnoobs into thinking you were Megatonic, for example.

I think a real world example would be, for example, if your name used to be "Jennifer Commonname" but you unfortunately ran into some assholes in the past who illegally hacked your phone and leaked a bunch of embarrassing information and pictures to the internet, and you changed your name to "Jessica Weirdname" it wouldn't be a crime (or indeed anything wrong) to identify yourself as "Jessica Weirdname" to others. But if you changed your name to "Michelle Obama" instead, and tried to trick people into giving you free stuff then it would be wrong.

Thread Information