Thread: Recruit Kingdom Invitations Should be Cheaper

Regular

Recruit Kingdom Invitations Should be Cheaper

Currently, if you run out of free recruit kingdom invitations, it's 40 credits for a new one. That's a lot!

As I understand it, we're trying to grow the game. Therefore, recruiting should not be as difficult as it is. If a KD is unfortunate enough to use their free invitations on provinces that turn out to be inactives, or have other players leave for various reasons, it shouldn't cost so much to get replacement provinces. It's all connected. Get active provinces into active KDs through recruitment-> KDs war a lot and have fun -> people stay -> game grows.

I would suggest 5-10 credits for a KD invitation is more reasonable. 10 credits is already a lot for that in my mind and it's often the monarch or same person forking out the money for these things.

Just have the new recruit fork out the invite cost. No risk, just potential reward.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Just have the new recruit fork out the invite cost. No risk, just potential reward.
    Sure, and no recruits either. Very few recruits are going to be willing to pay for their own invitation. They'll just find a different KD who isn't charging them.

Veteran
    Yeah, sorry I don't think I would pay to join a KD. I'd just wait until they have free invites again and if I'm not a high enough priority for the free invites, find a different KD :) I also don't pay to recruit people into a KD though so perhaps I'm not the best person to comment!

Maybe a middle ground is keep the same prices but gives more free invites to KDs with under x players?

Edit: Or additional free invites if used to bring new / old people back into the game (ie new players or people who haven't played for x years). Presumably linked to email address or to IP if we need to go that far to stop existing players making new email addresses to cheat the invite system..
    Last edited by Chris121; 21-11-2017 at 19:34.

I agree, it's a bit steep charging $20 for an invite. You want more players but you don't make it easy to get a team together. If I could buy a game for $80 in a store there is no way I'd pay $20 to get one person into a game who might become inactive a week later.

Forum Fanatic
    Or have your kd all chip in for a invite

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits View Post
    I agree, it's a bit steep charging $20 for an invite. You want more players but you don't make it easy to get a team together. If I could buy a game for $80 in a store there is no way I'd pay $20 to get one person into a game who might become inactive a week later.
    WHy would you pay 20 dollar for an invite when its only 10 dollars for an invite?

10 dollar isnt much in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    WHy would you pay 20 dollar for an invite when its only 10 dollars for an invite?

10 dollar isnt much in the big picture.
    Where I am 1 credit is $0.50 so 40 credits is $20

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits View Post
    Where I am 1 credit is $0.50 so 40 credits is $20
    You can't even buy one credit, but if you check the top-up you can buy 40 credits for 10 dollars. Could it be like.. a discount?

Thread Information