Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5:20 vs 6:10

Enthusiast
    what an awesome rant reminds me why i miss ryan. I did notice david popping in and out as well my guess would be the devs don't understand what they did hence no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post

And I cussed her out when she accused us of moleing/cheating, not because I got chained. And you bet ya I kicked her psycho ass from our slack pubchan.
    LOL I <3 you Bin Bin.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    what an awesome rant reminds me why i miss ryan. I did notice david popping in and out as well my guess would be the devs don't understand what they did hence no response.
    Lesh said it better than me:

"Yeah so about that... throttling isn't being reduced inrange. We were ~100% of the KD NW (mighta been smaller still) of 5:20 with Godspeed (+10%) orc (+20%) /wh (+5%) hitting inrange, unhit provs (+/-5 / 100% nw and land) and getting 3-4% gains. If base gains are 12%, adding those bonuses together puts un-throttled gains to 16.632%. That's about an 85% reduction from orc base gains, which accounts for -75% throttling plus their GS (~15%). Hitting a light hit prov dropped gains as abysmally low as 1.9% (!)."

Is this working as intended?

and I also miss Ryan <3
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 11:13.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Postaholic
    Without joining the thread's pissing contest, I would like to confirm that hits are now throttled at -85% or so and that bounces give gb protection. While I am exactly the person who would miss changes and then get caught off guard on them later, I'm rather sure neither of these were announced. The changes said there would be -75% throttling that was reduced in range by some inexplicably undisclosed amount, and while I remember some discussion of gbp on bounces in the past I was unable to find it in any changes.

You can make the mechanics as awful as you want and we will probably adapt to them better than anyone else. Now that we've figured out what they are, I'm sure we will manage. Just don't come whining later about how lame our strats are and how they abuse the mechanics. We aren't the ones that have made awful mechanics age after age for the last five years that can only be dealt with by abusive crappy strategies. Less awful mechanics would not be so prone to single strategies becoming dominant and would be a lot more fun. Worst of all, the usual response to finding loopholes in the mechanics has been doubling down on bad mechanics, making them even worse.

Administrator
    @Binar things like this should be posted in the Bug Reports so that we can more easily keep track and review it

I'm currently looking into the accuracy of your claim. Had you mentioned this while it was taking place or is this the first time?
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    @Binar things like this should be posted in the Bug Reports so that we can more easily keep track and review it

I'm currently looking into the accuracy of your claim. Had you mentioned this while it was taking place or is this the first time?
    Thank you for your reply. I think you will find our claims accurate. and this is the first time Iam mentioning it
    I was mid conflict and busy. and didnt expect you to change anything on the second.

You made the mechanics and coded it. You should know how it works.
    iam asking you if its working as intended or if this is f****ed

and the two past times I posted in bugs last age You didnt bother answer me for 2 days or not at all. The way to get a response seem to be calling you out in UT
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 02:54.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Administrator
    I don't do the mechanic coding. Some of these mechanics are very complex due to the interactions between the different areas that this particular mechanic functions.

I can confirm that throttling in general is -75% when meter disparity is 125 which is stated in the changes. The statements that throttling goes up to 85% are incorrect unless there are other factors such as GS/OOR/MAP/KR
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Administrator
    FYI I was not asking if you had mentioned it earlier as a slight, I was only curious if I had missed it somewhere else

I don't do the mechanic coding. Some of these mechanics are very complex due to the interactions between the different areas that this particular mechanic functions.

I can confirm that throttling in general is -75% when meter disparity is 125 which is stated in the changes. The statements that throttling goes up to 85% are incorrect unless there are other factors such as GS/OOR/MAP/KR
    """"Yeah so about that... throttling isn't being reduced inrange. We were ~100% of the KD NW (mighta been smaller still) of 5:20 with Godspeed (+10%) orc (+20%) /wh (+5%) hitting inrange, unhit provs (+/-5 / 100% nw and land) and getting 3-4% gains. If base gains are 12%, adding those bonuses together puts un-throttled gains to 16.632%. That's about an 85% reduction from orc base gains, which accounts for -75% throttling plus their GS (~15%). Hitting a light hit prov dropped gains as abysmally low as 1.9% (!)"""" as leshrak said.

So not as intended since changes state that it will be reduced throttling for kds in range. And the kd we were hitting were bigger than us.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

FYI I was not asking if you had mentioned it earlier as a slight, I was only curious if I had missed it somewhere else
    I know, thats why I edited and said thank you for your reply :)
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Postaholic
    The correct way to have throttling/surrendering work is to have ops move the meter. A successful unfriendly op should be 1/20 of a meter point (the earlier suggestion of having it be nw based won't work, since nw has been made into a meaningless metric). Surrendering should also be possible both ways if there is no action.

The most likely bug is that -gains penalties are being added rather than multiplied. That's the way it feels with emerald and GS stacking for some ages now.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    My favorite part of that war was Binar getting chained and throwing a hissy fit, sort of like he is now. Cussed out Pan because we chained him, instead of taking his offer of a better CF for WDing early. I mean seriously? Rage harder

Took you 4 days, with a 35% offense advantage, 3 prov advantage, and being fed a button by a mole/troll who went afk for war after hitting you 7 times in a row... To farm like 10% of land? I honestly laughed finding out it was Emeriti, I figured a mid tier warring kd that had great activity but no skill. Congrats you can at least beat a 22 man war kd with 1/3 randoms.
    You are misrepresenting a few things in here.

1) it did not take us 4 days, the war was over at min-time, you just refused to admit it and pan said you were "endurance warriors". By sticking in for an additional 2 days you just lost more land than you would have had you WD at min time as you should have. you have pan to blame for that.

2) We do not run moles nor do we cheat. Why some fool in your kd gave button to a stronger kd that would beat you is beyond me but its not the first nor the last time that something like this has happened without the involvement of "moles".

Enthusiast
    By 72 hours your war gains were still equal to your opening wave, you can say war was over min time, I can say war was over when someone not "some fool in your kd gave button to a stronger kd" This is someone who hit 7 times in a row, went afk, and released all troops. Not a fool but a troll, not foolish, malicious. And yes we had a random who decided to mail our loc around this age, still gives no explanation for that age, am I still to believe CK when he said it was "a hunch"? Until I get a reasonable explanation to you calling us out by name after a troll gave you a button, I'll just say you cheated, or someone cheated on your behalf.

The same age wsk waved you with war spoils lol, pretty sure your NW went up by when that war ended, just another happy accident. Emeriti gets a lot of happy accidents?

1) it did not take us 4 days, the war was over at min-time, you just refused to admit it and pan said you were "endurance warriors". By sticking in for an additional 2 days you just lost more land than you would have had you WD at min time as you should have. you have pan to blame for that.
    Not a whore kd, playing war for twice as long at the cost of like 5% of our land is a good trade for a war kingdom. Some people enjoy playing the game, some people enjoy warring, more than being fed a high rank to stare at every age.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 23-11-2017 at 03:27.

By 72 hours your war gains were still equal to your opening wave, you can say war was over min time, I can say war was over when someone not "some fool in your kd gave button to a stronger kd" This is someone who hit 7 times in a row, went afk, and released all troops. Not a fool but a troll, not foolish, malicious. And yes we had a random who decided to mail our loc around this age, still gives no explanation for that age, am I still to believe CK when he said it was "a hunch"? Until I get a reasonable explanation to you calling us out by name after a troll gave you a button, I'll just say you cheated, or someone cheated on your behalf.

The same age wsk waved you with war spoils lol, pretty sure your NW went up by when that war ended, just another happy accident. Emeriti gets a lot of happy accidents?
    You suggest that wsk (one of the only kds weve lost a war too the past 8 ages together with sleepy FS and Barco) would farm out to me on purpose? This is getting more and more stupid.

It aint my fault that people in other kds do stupid nub sh1t.

One thing is for sure: youre a perfect fit in Panthiras nubghettokd
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Post Fiend

The same age wsk waved you with war spoils lol, pretty sure your NW went up by when that war ended, just another happy accident.
    It takes at least 2 provs to give a button. Stop claiming that whoever it was that repeatedly hit us was the only reason we warred you.

Gains were bad, sure, that's what happens in an oop war against another active kd where everyone started at 400a. Chaining was next to impossible, but you had less military, less econ, and no peasants.

As for wsk, I don't think they expected a kd of rogues/mystics to declare straight away, but you'd really need to ask them what they were thinking. We were as surprised as you seem to be (possibly more).

Thread Information