Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 5:20 vs 6:10

Forum Addict
    Somebody pewpew'd in Binar's cornflakes.

I think you might've wanted to take a less demanding approach to your question to the devs. Acting like "all you did was ask them a question" is kinda glossing over the manner in which you asked that question.
    Last edited by Verminator; 23-11-2017 at 01:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Somebody pewpew'd in Binar's cornflakes.

I think you might've wanted to take a less demanding approach to your question to the devs. Acting like "all you did was ask them a question" is kinda glossing over the manner in which you asked that question.
    Thats nothing compared to other threads thats been created about devs/mods here the past days. And they all got their replies

me saying that a mechanic change is retarded and one of the worst ever is something i stand by.

and again, it might not have changed the outcome of the war at all, FS would have adapted to whatever gains we had gotten and played differently but still great cause they are a good kd.
    Doesnt mean the mechanic isnt whack
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 01:46.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Forum Addict
    Maybe the devs had the time to craft a proper responsible reply for those threads. Maybe those threads had to wait a bit of time as well, you certainly weren't timing them all I hope? Can't really say how fast the devs responded other than by timestamps. Proper dev replies require taking some time to get it right, not just kneejerk reaction posts.

I believe the gains throttling exists to, ya know, give the rest of the average server a chance against superior kingdoms waving them nonstop for days just because they can. You waving a larger kingdom and feeling the affects of the throttling is one of those rare circumstances when the mechanic is not ideal, but overall it does what it is intended to do for the majority of the server I think.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    I was asking for the reasoning behind it yes. Am I not allowed to do that? is it really the meaning that it works like this when both KDs are in war range? Personally I thought it was a change to prevent bigger kds from just pounding on OOR opponents.But apparantly its not?
    You didn't ask for a reason. You said the mechanic was retarded. You explained that after you ran the meter up you were stuck between a rock and a hard place and then you demanded that the devs comment. At no point in there does it sound like you're just a concerned utopian inquiring about mechanic details. You sound like an angry soccer mom that's demanding to talk to the manager because the cashier told her that her 50 cent coupon was expired.

Quote Originally Posted by azsxdcfv View Post
    As a moderator, I'd expect that you should be able to conduct yourself much better than this without resorting to goading or taunting. There's really no point asking people to take it easy with the insults if you're going around calling people noob.

Who moderates the moderators?
    The forum admins moderate the moderators.

And I don't respond to being slapped with a smile and a thank you. Respect me and I'll respect you. Simple as that. Also, I'm clearly being tongue and cheek calling Binar a noob. He's a prominent leader with a large resume of success. He's clearly not a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Palem I’m sorry but youve made these posts in similar threads before that have nothing to do with Emeriti.

Honestly your posts read like you are always jumping on the bandwagon. There is a such a thing as good mechanics and bad ones, everyone knows that. It’s not a question of adapting or not, certain mechanics may disproportionately favor certain kingdoms, races, sizes, etc or can be overpowered, unbalanced, etc. Thats why you see certain mechanics, races, etc. being drastically overhauled age over age as at times they did not function in the way that was intended. Additionally, it’s not possible to instantly adapt to certain things that are happening real time, at times you have to go about it with trial and error over multiple episodes.

To pretend that it’s impossible for David and Jeff to introduce bad mechanics is simply insane. Every other dev has done it in some form of fashion, why are they incapable?

Your post really does not make any sense.

Also you kinda need to be able to say you’ve “been there and done that” before making posts like this, you are not exactly speaking from a position of authority or experience. How many top wars/hostile have you lead?
    I've never claimed that the devs can't implement bad changes. However, Binar and previously Shiester had exactly the same complaint (at least initially) in "The thing we always do didn't work! These changes are bull****!" That is not only an invalid complaint, it also shows an inability to adapt to changes. That's not saying there isn't a valid complaint somewhere in their anger, but simply the fact that what you tried to do didn't work isn't a valid complaint about mechanics.

Not that it matters at all, but I led a few hostiles at the top. All things considered I'd say we got the best of most of the kingdoms that tried to push us.

@Binar again
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember anything being mentioned about the meter throttling being affected by kingdom sizes in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Binar is 100% right, it is terrible mechanics and needs to be fixed. Last age we waved two kingdoms that refused to cf us. They just opt us for two weeks and never declared on us.
    Then don't push the meter up on random kingdoms and expect no consequences? I've yet to see anyone actually explain why this is a bad mechanic outside of the logic of not being able to do things the way it was done before.

Post Fiend
    @palem:

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Meter Throttling - Adjusted to reduce operation damage against Kingdoms that have gains throttled on you. Also there will be a reduction to throttling that occurs within declare range.
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...4#post15453094

Yeah so about that... throttling isn't being reduced inrange. We were ~100% of the KD NW (mighta been smaller still) of 5:20 with Godspeed (+10%) orc (+20%) /wh (+5%) hitting inrange, unhit provs (+/-5 / 100% nw and land) and getting 3-4% gains. If base gains are 12%, adding those bonuses together puts un-throttled gains to 16.632%. That's about an 85% reduction from orc base gains, which accounts for -75% throttling plus their GS (~15%). Hitting a light hit prov dropped gains as abysmally low as 1.9% (!).

This is clearly not working as the changes state. So, palem, before you start telling people that their strategy is bad, read the changes and do some math. :p

Congrats to 5:20, whoever they are ;) they wouldn't tell me when I asked ingame though.
    Last edited by Leshrak; 23-11-2017 at 01:50. Reason: mighta been smaller still, going by memory

[QUOTE=Palem;15455783

Then don't push the meter up on random kingdoms and expect no consequences? I've yet to see anyone actually explain why this is a bad mechanic outside of the logic of not being able to do things the way it was done before.[/QUOTE]

Noone cares what you think Palem. i dont know why you keep posting.
    Memster perfectly well explained what was wrong, as did I.

According to the changes: Meter Throttling - there will be a reduction to throttling that occurs within declare range."

We got max trottling and they were bigger.
    So Iam asking again: JeffT and David C. Is this working as intended?
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Maybe the devs had the time to craft a proper responsible reply for those threads. Maybe those threads had to wait a bit of time as well, you certainly weren't timing them all I hope? Can't really say how fast the devs responded other than by timestamps. Proper dev replies require taking some time to get it right, not just kneejerk reaction posts.

I believe the gains throttling exists to, ya know, give the rest of the average server a chance against superior kingdoms waving them nonstop for days just because they can. You waving a larger kingdom and feeling the affects of the throttling is one of those rare circumstances when the mechanic is not ideal, but overall it does what it is intended to do for the majority of the server I think.
    Took 20mins to reply to the other threads. yet to see any sign of a reply now after 1.5hrs

Meter Throttling - Adjusted to reduce operation damage against Kingdoms that have gains throttled on you. Also there will be a reduction to throttling that occurs within declare range.

this didnt occure. Thus I complain/ask for the intentions ebhind the mechanic change
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 01:55.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Enthusiast
    Dude, thats so not true. I threw a hissy fit cause Panthira accused us of planting moles. Do you really think I care about if my province is chained? Rather me than someone else that I ahve to sit anyways...

Thats like the second or third time you repete that lie, doesnt make it any more true only because you keep saying it.

AND AGAIN:

FS deserved this win, they usually do when they win their wars. Its a reason why they pwn everytime they decide to pwn. Hats off to them.

Doesnt mean I cant adresse the clearly faulty mechanics
    Where in my post did I say a "emeriti planted mole gave a button" I didn't, but someone clearly not just through a mistake hit you 7 times in 24 hours to give you the button. Then you contacted us by name without having any way of knowing what KD we were.

So you were given a button by a troll, then contacted Panthira and I by name asking us to WD at min time, we never got an explanation to how you knew our loc other than "a hunch". How about the better explanation of when: you know who we were, you are fed a button by some troll, that maybe something fishy is going on. Your cussing out Panthira before removing her from slack after we didn't WD and chained you hardly seems like "I dunn liek being called a cheater". But hey, maybe that's just how you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Where in my post did I say a "emeriti planted mole gave a button" I didn't, but someone clearly not just through a mistake hit you 7 times in 24 hours to give you the button. Then you contacted us by name without having any way of knowing what KD we were.

So you were given a button by a troll, then contacted Panthira and I by name asking us to WD at min time, we never got an explanation to how you knew our loc other than "a hunch". How about the better explanation of when: you know who we were, you are fed a button by some troll, that maybe something fishy is going on. Your cussing out Panthira before removing her from slack after we didn't WD and chained you hardly seems like "I dunn liek being called a cheater". But hey, maybe that's just how you are.
    ehh what? I dont care what you said or didnt say about who planted a mole in your post. Thats what Panthira said, and thats why I reacted the way I did

Dude, we were 22 provs like 10 hrs OOP cause we had to kill 3 randoms and replace them. We were on the same island and we were hit by 2 or 3 provinces in your kd not just 1. How on the earth could I plan that?

And I cussed her out when she accused us of moleing/cheating, not because I got chained. And you bet ya I kicked her psycho ass from our slack pubchan.
    You need better sources
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 02:04.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Game Date April 1 of YR1
    Real Date Thu, 16 Nov at 18:07 GMT+00:00
    Sender Lord Xianxia the Skeptic of MTM (1:15)
    Recipient The Conniving King True Lies of Harry Tasker (6:10)
    Subject Panthira/Smiles
    Hi.
    If you are interessed this is the kingdom of those two.
    Last age it was tagged as "kingdom of rock".

This is how people know who you are every age btw. Iam sure Iam not the only one getting ingame msgs about that every d@mn age.
    Told your monarch and steward I wouldnt share that to anyone, but you are starting to piss me off.
    ohh and it wasnt any of the provs that hit us last age that told us FYI. Your kd simply rotten. not my fault
    Last edited by Binar; 23-11-2017 at 02:17.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Sir Postalot
    To be clear:

: iam not trying to take anything away from FS victory, but I feel that something has to be adressed on the gainns throttling. I understand why its there, but dont you all agree with me that it should only work when kd's are out of declare range?Atleast fade in or something based on size difference. I onnu. Maybe its just me... if it is I'll stfu

Like, 5:20 was bigger in both acres and NW when gains started getting throttled by 85%(!)

So I ask again: DavidC or JeffT, is that working as intended? or is there a bug (feature?)
    In this case, perhaps, as you were smaller simply by choice (being the only kingdom in the top not to explore from their first war). But yes, the mechanic appears to need some tweaking. In fact, I'm not sure I understand the logic of even having throttling when there's an auto surrender option.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    In this case, perhaps, as you were smaller simply by choice (being the only kingdom in the top not to explore from their first war). But yes, the mechanic appears to need some tweaking. In fact, I'm not sure I understand the logic of even having throttling when there's an auto surrender option.
    atleast have auto surrender/CF work both ways? like if we dont attack for 12 hrs and meter difference is still 100+?
    I dont know something like that
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Sir Postalot
    atleast have auto surrender/CF work both ways? like if we dont attack for 12 hrs and meter difference is still 100+?
    I dont know something like that
    I thought about that but thats easy to make 1 hit every 12 hours, or keep meter at 98, etc. Too many loopholes. Moreso - Why have any throttling if you have an auto-surrender option. The two are redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I thought about that but thats easy to make 1 hit every 12 hours, or keep meter at 98, etc. Too many loopholes. Moreso - Why have any throttling if you have an auto-surrender option. The two are redundant.
    you cant autosurrender in range. maybe thats the idea behind it (throttling)? I dont know.
    Thats why iam asking if this is working as intended.

Seems to be a hard Q for Jeff And david to answer since theyve been reading this thread for 2 hrs and still havent bothered to answer
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

I doubt the intention of the mechanic is to gimp legit hostiles. This will need to be reviewed.

Thread Information