Thread: kingdom military strat

kingdom military strat

im looking into taking over a ghetto and need help on military numbers. what sort of defense specs per acre or total defense should people run. around 8 defense type provs and rest are attackers.

Strategy Moderator
    typical fully pumped/trained numbers are around

6 ppa 22 military+tpa+wpa/acre=28 pop/acre. 20% homes + 4% pop science is pretty typical pre war build for "good" kds that can "fully pump"

Atacker
    8 dspec..less if tanky leets
    ----Remaining 14 pop/acre is 10 epa +tpa/wpa

Hybrid
    0-6 dspec. typically use leets to turtle,
    ----Remaining pop is 7 tpa/wpa combined +leets
    --a/t= 5 tpa 2 wpa
    --a/m 4.5 wpa 2.5 tpa

T/m
    0 dspecs...unless elf then 20% leets rest dspecs (most elfs are hybrids fyi)-----------EDIT, this orginally read 0 leets. thats wrong
    ---Remaining pop is 9 tpa/wpa+13 epa.
    Last edited by Persain; 23-11-2017 at 14:24. Reason: correction

alright. i dont think we can all manage being fully pumped lol. but that does help. i wasnt sure if it was better to go with units per acre kingdom wide or total values. i have only had limited experience so im not sure how a kingdom should run as a unit. i do understand most of the war aspect.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by too many noobs View Post
    alright. i dont think we can all manage being fully pumped lol. but that does help. i wasnt sure if it was better to go with units per acre kingdom wide or total values. i have only had limited experience so im not sure how a kingdom should run as a unit. i do understand most of the war aspect.
    adjust your kd off that, i gave fully pumped provs as i would tell my kd to "strive' to those numbers. MOST wont make those. My current prov after being "fully pumped" as a hybrid a/m managed to get to the 28 pop/acre but only managed 2 wpa, 3 tpa and still had 9 peasents/acre. So dont take those as a "i need to be there to war." Just set kd goals and a few will meet them a most wont. When it comes time that you sat around long enough that 1-2 people feel they've been ready a day or so start looking for war and adjust your targets based on your kds current numbers.

I find it best to set streach goals and then look for war once my fastest players get there. It lets slower people get the extra time while we are "looking/arranging" to finish up and your faster pump people know your actively looking for war vrs sitting around waiting for others to finish training.
    Last edited by Persain; 23-11-2017 at 04:12.

why manage, im looking for a few people. we have a group that wants to go to the promised land, but are to impatient to get a full team. My kingdoms hardest problem is recruiting, we get 2 randoms, they like what they see, then they leave after 1 age, because they want to win now.. hell 3 days ago, 1 kd mate left because he didnt want to be chained every war. im not promising to win every war, im promising to build a team that can see where me messed up and develop. we have a few very amazing players, we have a few rookies, we have some idiot writing this post.

we are a council run kd, we allow any kd mate into the council room who wants to have a voice. if you wish to join us, please send me a msg.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    typical fully pumped/trained numbers are around

6 ppa 22 military+tpa+wpa/acre=28 pop/acre. 20% homes + 4% pop science is pretty typical pre war build for "good" kds that can "fully pump"

Atacker
    8 dspec..less if tanky leets
    ----Remaining 14 pop/acre is 10 epa +tpa/wpa

Hybrid
    0-6 dspec. typically use leets to turtle,
    ----Remaining pop is 7 tpa/wpa combined +leets
    --a/t= 5 tpa 2 wpa
    --a/m 4.5 wpa 2.5 tpa

T/m
    0 leets...unless elf then 20% leets rest dspecs (most elfs are hybrids fyi)
    For your T/M, just wondering - you don't use Faery or Bocan elites?

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    T/m
    0 leets...unless elf then 20% leets rest dspecs (most elfs are hybrids fyi)
    I was curious about that too, then I saw the 13epa on the next line. Maybe he meant 0 dspecs unless elf then a combo of dspecs and elites?
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Regular
    Good point Sassy, that would make sense to me!

The point Persian made that I also think will really help newer monarchs is to set training goals that stretch(but not overstretch) your kingdom and then look for war when the fastest get there. This gives your kingdom a feeling of always moving forward and stops people feeling apathetic and that not much is happening.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    The point Persian made that I also think will really help newer monarchs is to set training goals that stretch(but not overstretch) your kingdom and then look for war when the fastest get there. This gives your kingdom a feeling of always moving forward and stops people feeling apathetic and that not much is happening.
    no... the line they were bringing up was completely justified.

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    im edititing my post...with a big "edit"....that should be 0 dspecs 13 epa....it was like 3 am when i was posting i wrote that up wrong. i use ALL leets on feary/bocan and even dark elf if pure t/m
    Last edited by Persain; 23-11-2017 at 15:44.

Thread Information