Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unban Binar

You have 18 posts over 5 years dude. Binar's ban expires in what, half a day?

If anything, this made you post.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Haha wow. I generally do not care about this stuff, but banning Binar for that is quite upsetting. This is like some hardcore Utopia censorship, and very clearly unwarranted as per most peoples response thus far. I'll also say on multiple occasions I have seen Palem trolling and causing additional trouble in threads, and even going as far as being the aggressor. Please address the real concerns in the forum (Palem and actual trolls), rather than banning a major community member for two words said in EVERY war/hostile thread. Figure it out ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Kinda silly to ban a person for saying "clear FW" multiples times, thats a catch phrase which has been used on these boards for years now by multiple different users and has never been banworthy.

Please apply the rules consistently. If you want to ban people for spam, then you should have banned Korp forever with his troll spam. Has he been banned? No.

Forum mods really need to stop taking their personal grudges out on people via these silly bans.
    First of all, its seems reasoanble to not make assumptions when you dont know the cause of it. Ie, you havent talked to Palem about it at this point so you make an assumption from what Binar have told you.

You dont know anything about my bans, so why even comment about those things? Its seems really dumb to make assumptions yet again without knowing the details nor the facts. I get banned and I dont spam.

Yet again, you dont have a clue about why the ban was handed out you make assumptions based on one side of the story. Ie, you eating everyting Binar says and apply it like the truth.

Thanks for asking, happy to.

First of all, how do you differentiate between what is spam and not spam, that is a rather slippery slope. Without writing some flawless master know-all algorithm, the determination will be made by imperfect human beings suspect to capricious whims. I personally do not trust anyone on these boards to make such a determination and would argue it’s too much power to be concentrated within a select few people.

I care about consistency and equal treatment. The quotes you referenced are typical openings at the start of every war thread that have been said for years on end. Based on my experience, I have never seen anyone complain and be offended by such things. I think it’s ironic and hypocritical to call such things spam and ban people for it when you allow other forms of hateful (as compared to the harmless spam) in this case exist.

The best example of hateful spam are the posts of Korp who has been the most notorious troll on these forums for years. He consistently attacks other users and derails threads. If you truly want to make the forums a better place and to not put off new users, you should put a stop to his trolling or ban him should he not comply.

Another issue I have is with mods getting involved with game politics and smack talking other players. Think of the unequal struggle in this instance, when someone who has the power to ban is allowed to provoke other users. You are always in a losing fight as you’ll get banned if you retort too much or payback will occur in the future. On countless occasions I have seen Palem talk smack to other users, tell them how they got outplayed, berate others and tell them they need to do a better job of adapting (perhaps not all of the new changes are good or were implemented as intended). Quite frankly, mods should have a neutral stance and ensure proper conduct on the forums vs doing Korp-life trolling and baiting other users.

You actually made a very good selection with Sassy Wolf who does not berate other players, tell people to adapt, or get involved in politics. You want mods like that, not like Palem.

I think mods should prevent trolling, personal attacks, and enforce the forum rules. They should not try to get involved in the politics, talk smack to users, or arbitrarily decide what constitutes spam. Imagine just losing a crown due to intentional arranges farm out or sh1tplay and Palem telling you “you got outplayed”, I’ve seen that happen too many times and that’s just unacceptable.

As we now know its a clear textbook example of spam so in this case is its fairly easy. You dont care about cosnistency and equal treatment the only reason you made this post is that cause Binar got banned nothing else. So its a shame that you hide behind false prensens for your arguments. Would you make this post if it was Steel getting banned, maybe zulu or even me? (Obviously not since you have showed how much you like me so far)

No I dont, your personal bias is clouding your judgement. Also pretty rich consider you have actually have a rich history of bashing other people cause you consider them "beneath you" especially after couple of beers.(Like you now in your posts about Palem you talk down against him instead of just being civil) But could you give me a clear example of my "hateful trolling" that i supposedly do every day and spam.

This is also pretty funny point nobody made threads about how awful and powerhungry and evil Bishop was when he trolled Mansoor nor when usually trolled Godly? Why is that?

1. Are you going to prevent Korp from trolling and baiting / provoking others?
    2. Are you going to tell Palem to stop getting involved in game politics and trash talking?

That is the low hanging fruit and things most forum users actually have taken issue against rather than "clear fw"
    Yet again, personal bias. You dont care you are just upset your buddy Binar got banned on his behalf.
    Last edited by Korp; 25-11-2017 at 10:42.

Postaholic
    lol, down utopia go.

Forum Addict
    Clear fw

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Proteus, could you explain the relevance "clear fw" or "who are these ghettos" has to any (every) thread they're used in and how they contribute to the OP ?
    It seems like your argument is based on maintaining the status quo of the existing environment while comments such as those imo don't promote a positive and constructive environment for new players that come in and attempt to have serious conversions.
    I get that it's been a running "joke" for a long time but I did find it odd that spam posts (and not just those) were allowed in pretty much every thread in UT. So I agree with the stricter moderation policy.

Why are new players trying to convert?
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

But the real issue here is that stricter moderation just out of the blue isnt working out well. You cant just go from slack to strict from one day to another there in that case must be a transition period where they inform that they will moderate more strictly from now and onwards. Cause how can someone know that something they done yesterday and previously on multiple occassions suddenly is enforced and banable?

By having his post deleted?

More sounds like Binar puts himself above the LAW than anything else.

FAKE NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    By having his post deleted?

More sounds like Binar puts himself above the LAW than anything else.

FAKE NEWS
    I wasnt refering to any specific situation. Though, deleting a post with no explaination is a bad way of moderating as well imo.

Take a damn hint?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But the real issue here is that stricter moderation just out of the blue isnt working out well. You cant just go from slack to strict from one day to another there in that case must be a transition period where they inform that they will moderate more strictly from now and onwards. Cause how can someone know that something they done yesterday and previously on multiple occassions suddenly is enforced and banable?
    I do agree with this also. It might be helpful if one of the admins make a forum thread explaining the new policy. I know they and some mods have referred to it in various threads, but people are not likely to hunt through all the threads to find the moderation policy. I also accept that there is already provably a thread that bans spam etc, but thew fact is that wasn't really enforced before.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Proteus, could you explain the relevance "clear fw" or "who are these ghettos" has to any (every) thread they're used in and how they contribute to the OP ?
    It seems like your argument is based on maintaining the status quo of the existing environment while comments such as those imo don't promote a positive and constructive environment for new players that come in and attempt to have serious conversions.
    it's very relevant as many if not all of the top kds left in the game are in fact ghettos compared to kds of old prior to age 25 for instance. looking at some of these wars one can legitimately question if it is a fake war? if you were involved in top play when it clearly was just that...
    we all know why korp steel and palem don't get baned . I was unfortunate when creating a random prov once to land in one of their ghettos. one off age where bishop korp palem steel think ben an octo were there too. worst ghetto i ever random into. their forum to game ration is like 1000/1. but all became clear why they get preferential treatment in the forum. like most everything else it comes down to who you play with.

free bin!!! one of the few posters left worth reading...

Crunch I got banned by Bishop the other week. But you are obviously lying cause those people you mentioned never played together.

You can also ask Mike if you get some special treatment playing with Bishop ;)
    Last edited by Korp; 25-11-2017 at 14:20.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Crunch I got banned by Bishop the other week. But you are obviously lying cause those people you mentioned never played together.

You can also ask Mike if you get some special treatment playing with Bishop ;)
    with all due respect who would pretend to be you? I believe it was the the triggered age or possible a prior age before. I was only there for a few weeks as no one was interested in the game. perhaps it was an entirely diff ghetto with ben and octo that i'm thinking of. can say with certainty it was you bishop palem and steel. and bishop let you guys get away with many things others got banned for.

Thread Information