Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unban Binar

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Proteus, could you explain the relevance "clear fw" or "who are these ghettos" has to any (every) thread they're used in and how they contribute to the OP ?
    It seems like your argument is based on maintaining the status quo of the existing environment while comments such as those imo don't promote a positive and constructive environment for new players that come in and attempt to have serious conversions.
    Are you serious? You have forum mods constantly spamming gifs and trolling people and you ban binar for saying something that is said in every war thread and makes most people chuckle.

Director of Age Changes
    Seems kinda random to start banning 'who are these ghettos' all of a sudden, considering it's a long-standing meme. I cringe at these decisions. The **** is wrong with moderation nowadays?
    Last edited by Avenger; 25-11-2017 at 04:11.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

lol

Seems someone got a hall monitor pass and doesn't know how to use it correctly, sad face, reeeee

Administrator
    We've only just had a recent discussion regarding a new direction in forum moderation concerning all the negative things people are mentioning here that have gone on for a long time with seemingly no recourse.
    In order to begin the road to a more positive environment we need to take the first step. Steps are small while starting to run, you don't start running without small steps first.

If there are people who feel they can do just what Proteus so eloquently described by joining the moderation team I would be willing to give you an opportunity.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Director of Age Changes
    If you want the forum to die at a faster rate than it's dying now, sure... seems like a great direction.

Enthusiast
    We've only just had a recent discussion regarding a new direction in forum moderation concerning all the negative things people are mentioning here that have gone on for a long time with seemingly no recourse.
    In order to begin the road to a more positive environment we need to take the first step. Steps are small while starting to run, you don't start running without small steps first.

If there are people who feel they can do just what Proteus so eloquently described by joining the moderation team I would be willing to give you an opportunity.
    Might be time to have another quick discussion because I don't see how anything positive can come out of over moderation. Has anyone ever taken issue with the running joke that Binar used? How exactly does a joke like that negatively impact the forum community? Should we expect to be banned for making lame jokes or off topic posts now?

Post Fiend

How is "clear fw" or "who are these ghettoes" a negative thing?

Things that are actually negative/toxic:

1) Direct insults at users (gets edited by mods, gets a verbal warning sometimes)
    2) Curse words, even *'d out (nothing happens)
    3) Thread derailment that leads to accomplishment measuring competitions (warnings given and maybe thread locked?)

The list can continue on and on.

Just be fair in the punishments handed out. If saying "clear fw" is ban-worthy without a (written) warning, fine. But you better ban EVERY instance of anything remotely mirroring this, otherwise it is just hypocritical as Proteus pointed out.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just a few things

1. I attempt to post regularly and pretty much never swing the ban hammer and people complain that that I'm not a welcomed poster and that I need to enforce the rules. So I decide to shut up and enforce the rules and the same people complain that I've now chosen to enforce the rules. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems people don't so much have a problem with my moderation as much as they do with me personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

2. I applied the rule fairly to everyone. Binar was not the only person who's "clear fw" post I deleted. He was however the only one that decided to try and post it another 4 times. Such action is clearly deserving of a ban.

3. I've decided it's in my best interest to have a lower profile. Had you given it more than 24 hours before the pitchforks and torches were brought out you'd notice me butting out of game-related discussions

4. Have a swirvey day :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Just a few things

1. I attempt to post regularly and pretty much never swing the ban hammer and people complain that that I'm not a welcomed poster and that I need to enforce the rules. So I decide to shut up and enforce the rules and the same people complain that I've now chosen to enforce the rules. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems people don't so much have a problem with my moderation as much as they do with me personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

2. I applied the rule fairly to everyone. Binar was not the only person who's "clear fw" post I deleted. He was however the only one that decided to try and post it another 4 times. Such action is clearly deserving of a ban.

3. I've decided it's in my best interest to have a lower profile. Had you given it more than 24 hours before the pitchforks and torches were brought out you'd notice me butting out of game-related discussions

So of all the times you could have swung the banhammer it was over "clear fw"? I see you recently just EDITTED posts (although no reason explaining why the post had to be edited), yet you deleted BinBin's? So to someone not following the thread closely, no one knows that he tried to post 4 times. Why not do what you did and just edit his post saying "Inappropriate comment. Spam" or whatever other reason you deem the post to be edited.

Director of Age Changes
    Just a few things

*BEEP BOOP* FUN DETECTED *BEEP BOOP* FUN NERFED *BIP*

Why is posting "obvious fw" a ban btw? What harm to the utopian community did that bring? Failed game mechanics bring more harm to the game than someone posting a meme in the forums lulz, reeeeeee

Enthusiast
    Just a few things

So people accuse you of not doing your job and you attempt to prove them wrong by making a big deal out of a non issue?

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    gif
    I want that jumpsuit! <3<3

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    So of all the times you could have swung the banhammer it was over "clear fw"? I see you recently just EDITTED posts (although no reason explaining why the post had to be edited), yet you deleted BinBin's? So to someone not following the thread closely, no one knows that he tried to post 4 times. Why not do what you did and just edit his post saying "Inappropriate comment. Spam" or whatever other reason you deem the post to be edited.
    Because the point of removing off topic material is to help facilitate discussion and having 6 "real" posts and 5 "<removed> posts doesn't do that.

I like to do the <removed> posts when someone has posted something objectionable/reported it so that the people that wanted it actioned can actually see that it was actioned and as a visual reminder to other posters that they should be following the rules.

Having 1 post removed and thinking maybe something weird happened so you repost it. Yeah, I could see being upset with getting a sudden ban. I could even see it if it happened twice. But after 4 or 5 posts of the same thing being posted and removed, its pretty clear that Binar wasn't randomly trying to post a forum trope and was suddenly banned for no good reason. If he wanted to ask me why I was deleting his posts I would have been glad to tell him with no action needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    So people accuse you of not doing your job and you attempt to prove them wrong by making a big deal out of a non issue?
    I banned someone for 24 hours for spamming off topic posts over 3 threads. It's not like I perbanned him for saying Taylor Swift is a [content removed]
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 25-11-2017 at 05:18. Reason: Language

Thread Information