Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unban Binar

Forum Fanatic

Unban Binar

Kinda silly to ban a person for saying "clear FW" multiples times, thats a catch phrase which has been used on these boards for years now by multiple different users and has never been banworthy.

Please apply the rules consistently. If you want to ban people for spam, then you should have banned Korp forever with his troll spam. Has he been banned? No.

Forum mods really need to stop taking their personal grudges out on people via these silly bans.

The problem is you can't even have an intellectual discussion with a mod on here without being banned, one side has ban authority and the other does not.

Just because you ban someone does not make you right and them wrong, or you good and them bad.

Also silly how you can question the establishment on the forums yet people practice democracy worldwide and question leadership plenty. Without the players and their contributions, this game and these forums are not worth anything. Dont forget where the power truly rests. If you treat users unfairly, you will lose players.

You can ban me for this post too except it wont change the fact that I'm ridiculously good and you are not and won't take my crowns away.
    Last edited by Proteus; 25-11-2017 at 00:23.

Postaholic
    Clear fakepost.

Forum Fanatic
    There were times UT got like this.Lets not go back down that road.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Locked!

ohhh looks like they didn't noticed it yet...

Post Demon
    seriously I did not even know he was banned, how do you guys keep track of who is banned and who is not.

Free binar!!

Thank you for your concise post and (mostly) polite disagreement about this issue. I would like to respond to a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Kinda silly to ban a person for saying "clear FW" multiples times, thats a catch phrase which has been used on these boards for years now by multiple different users and has never been banworthy.

Please apply the rules consistently. If you want to ban people for spam, then you should have banned Korp forever with his troll spam. Has he been banned? No.
    This is a valid question you raise and we'll discuss the application of spam moderation.

Forum mods really need to stop taking their personal grudges out on people via these silly bans. Also silly how you can question the establishment on the forums yet people practice democracy worldwide and question leadership plenty. Without the players and their contributions, this game and these forums are not worth anything. Dont forget where the power truly rests. If you treat users unfairly, you will lose players.
    I try to avoid personal grudges perception by not actioning complaints against me but when those posters move on to other negative posts, it's difficult to deal with those and not come across as biased. There isn't really any winning in that circumstance. I can try to treat users fairly and encourage that they treat their fellow users the same, but sadly that's not what actually happens sometimes.

The problem is you can't even have an intellectual discussion with a mod on here without being banned, one side has ban authority and the other does not.
    The IRC is a good place to chat with a mod, I'm trying to spend more time over there to get to know players off forums, and I've seen the admins in there frequently too.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Regular
    Who are these posters?

Enthusiast
    Wtf is the sassy *****...

Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    Wtf is the sassy *****...
    You missed a *, wolfie has 6 letters.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    Thank you for your concise post and (mostly) polite disagreement about this issue. I would like to respond to a few points.

This is a valid question you raise and we'll discuss the application of spam moderation.

I try to avoid personal grudges perception by not actioning complaints against me but when those posters move on to other negative posts, it's difficult to deal with those and not come across as biased. There isn't really any winning in that circumstance. I can try to treat users fairly and encourage that they treat their fellow users the same, but sadly that's not what actually happens sometimes.

The IRC is a good place to chat with a mod, I'm trying to spend more time over there to get to know players off forums, and I've seen the admins in there frequently too.
    Thanks for the response, none of your replies are unreasonable and your replies are actually fair and perceptive. I also like that you do not get involved in the drama and politics of the game and respond with silly things like "learn to adapt" that Palem throws around and uses the ban hammer to "win arounds."

Everyone please pay attention, Sassy is actually demonstrating model behavior (no pun intended), unlike what we at times see from Palem (and also Dharan - the biggest forum troll was made a mod several years ago which was really hypocritical).

I sincerely hope Palem can take a page out of your book, forums would be a much better place.

I agree the mods are not consistent with actions on Users. Krop and Pills call Users every bad insult available w/o action, ALMOST.
    Bishop does tell Pills to shutup a lot.
    I <3 Bishop.
    I have been banned 2x that I remember.
    I was looking at all the threads of 5:20 vs 6:10 and still do not understand why Binbin is so upset. They are #1 in the game. Is it 'cause they are not #1 by a bigger margin?
    I freakin HATE Pills. I hate his nubway guts. Yet he gets away with insults, name calling, and telling Users they should not post?
    I dont get why that guy is so full of negativity? He has an infraction of the spirit of the rules in almost every post he makes. Its clear he could contribute to nubs like me getting better but he only posts insults. Does Cas think he is Don Rickles of Utopia?

Every time he tells a user they should not post in forums he should be banned for a week. I know, no backseat modding.

I only hope Pills and Krop hate me half as much as I hate them.

@David: They have always been just a for fun comment.

LOL, I am a lttle dyslexic, I thought it said Urban Binbin. I was ready for a line dance.

FUN DavidC, only fun. Like the return of end zone celebrations in NFL.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...gg/protbin.jpg
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 25-11-2017 at 09:55. Reason: I hate Pills ALOT.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Administrator
    Proteus, could you explain the relevance "clear fw" or "who are these ghettos" has to any (every) thread they're used in and how they contribute to the OP ?
    It seems like your argument is based on maintaining the status quo of the existing environment while comments such as those imo don't promote a positive and constructive environment for new players that come in and attempt to have serious conversions.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Regular
    as a random person who doesn't know any of you people I would suggest that they are just a joke, and don't anger anyone... most games have memes, that's pretty much what "clear fw" is.. not unhealthy at all... mildly funny and familiar to most people.

I've only been around for a few ages or so, that's just my opinion, didnt mean to intrude... banning people for jokes is just weird...

Forum Fanatic

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Proteus, could you explain the relevance "clear fw" or "who are these ghettos" has to any (every) thread they're used in and how they contribute to the OP ?
    It seems like your argument is based on maintaining the status quo of the existing environment while comments such as those imo don't promote a positive and constructive environment for new players that come in and attempt to have serious conversions.
    Thanks for asking, happy to.

First of all, how do you differentiate between what is spam and not spam, that is a rather slippery slope. Without writing some flawless master know-all algorithm, the determination will be made by imperfect human beings suspect to capricious whims. I personally do not trust anyone on these boards to make such a determination and would argue it’s too much power to be concentrated within a select few people.

I care about consistency and equal treatment. The quotes you referenced are typical openings at the start of every war thread that have been said for years on end. Based on my experience, I have never seen anyone complain and be offended by such things. I think it’s ironic and hypocritical to call such things spam and ban people for it when you allow other forms of hateful (as compared to the harmless spam) in this case exist.

The best example of hateful spam are the posts of Korp who has been the most notorious troll on these forums for years. He consistently attacks other users and derails threads. If you truly want to make the forums a better place and to not put off new users, you should put a stop to his trolling or ban him should he not comply.

Another issue I have is with mods getting involved with game politics and smack talking other players. Think of the unequal struggle in this instance, when someone who has the power to ban is allowed to provoke other users. You are always in a losing fight as you’ll get banned if you retort too much or payback will occur in the future. On countless occasions I have seen Palem talk smack to other users, tell them how they got outplayed, berate others and tell them they need to do a better job of adapting (perhaps not all of the new changes are good or were implemented as intended). Quite frankly, mods should have a neutral stance and ensure proper conduct on the forums vs doing Korp-life trolling and baiting other users.

You actually made a very good selection with Sassy Wolf who does not berate other players, tell people to adapt, or get involved in politics. You want mods like that, not like Palem.

I think mods should prevent trolling, personal attacks, and enforce the forum rules. They should not try to get involved in the politics, talk smack to users, or arbitrarily decide what constitutes spam. Imagine just losing a crown due to intentional arranges farm out or sh1tplay and Palem telling you “you got outplayed”, I’ve seen that happen too many times and that’s just unacceptable.
    Last edited by Proteus; 25-11-2017 at 03:45.

Thread Information