Thread: Bug: the game will randomly switch you between prov and sit

Postaholic

Bug: the game will randomly switch you between prov and sit

So you're sitting a province, but playing just one province. Every now and then a link you click - and kingdom/province links are by far the most common - will switch you between provinces. This results in numerous instances where players attack with the wrong province, for instance.

This happens as well when not sitting. Some links simply won't work, and when you look at the link you'll see it's because it's a sit link. There may be no way to access that particular page without editing the link.

I use the classic theme, with umunk enabled. However I'm pretty sure the other themes are affected too.

I can confirm. Happens both mobile and on pc with all kinds of browsers.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Enthusiast
    I've noticed it switching from the province I am sitting back to my own province. I've never noticed a switch from mine to the sitting province or had an issue when not sitting.

Forum Fanatic
    Been doing this since they implemented thebsitting feature . Been reported yet never fixed . Seen it cost a few people attacks .

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

One of the instances I noticed is when you are on the kd page and click on the link to the enemy kd directly after this text "This kingdom is currently at war with... ". It always takes you from the sitter province to own province, so you have to manually type the numbers of the kd to visit their kd page

I had the same happen. But is it a munk issue? I have always had munk enabled when doing it.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's not a munk issue. I had it come up quite a bit before I ever had munk

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I had the same happen. But is it a munk issue? I have always had munk enabled when doing it.
    Nope. I've never use munk.

Postaholic
    There is a similar (related?) munk issue that the "enemy" link occasionally either links you to the sit page or to some garbage URL with the correct link but some added spaces making it useless. But the bug I'm reporting here is more rare and happens on regular in-game links. Still I've seen it happen enough that I don't doubt it exists.

It's conceivable that it's munk script breaking the formatting in all cases though. Not sure if it's ever been seen without munk script used. But what happens is simply you click on the war page and it takes you to the war page for the other province.

Forum Fanatic
    It was doing this long before Munk .I have never used Munk and have fought this since sitting was put in the game.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    There is a similar (related?) munk issue that the "enemy" link occasionally either links you to the sit page or to some garbage URL with the correct link but some added spaces making it useless. But the bug I'm reporting here is more rare and happens on regular in-game links. Still I've seen it happen enough that I don't doubt it exists.

It's conceivable that it's munk script breaking the formatting in all cases though. Not sure if it's ever been seen without munk script used. But what happens is simply you click on the war page and it takes you to the war page for the other province.
    You obviously haven't played at all since OMAC bought the game dorje. Which is impressive! So many crowns without a login!

But yeah, enemy link bug (on kd page anyways) and sitting have existed since the new code rolled out.

I can confirm this bug has pretty much been around since the day it was implemented. I dont use Munk or any other tools/plugins/whatever. I believe it's been reported in the past though.

Regards,

NighT

Thread Information