Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
What players is it going to attract?

Serious question. Don't you think they have tried to attract new players before? I can guarantee it's not the forum holding the game back.
I'm going to call you out on that guarantee, it's a reckless claim and I'm sure you're just using the word flippantly.

No, to be honest, I have not seen any effective recruitment efforts in the past. I have seen a few half-hearted attempts and a bunch of "claims" from previous admins, but it was clear that nothing major was being undertaken.

Plus, the game was not structurally sound in the past. It was not a game that could say "my owners are invested in me" to any new player who showed up, which is actually a quality that gamers commonly look for in something that they will invest their own time into.

The game is different now. Argue that point all you like, but between the broadcasts and the meaningful changes, and now this harder stance on community misbehavior, it is not hard to see that there is a level of investment in this game that it hasn't seen in a long time. Not just in the game but in the community, where it's been needed the most for ages. That's something new players notice. You may not look for that, maybe you're just a generally pessimistic person, who knows, but I can tell you that it's something important to new players who want to take a game seriously. Utopia has it now more than it ever has, dating back to Mehul, so comparing any past efforts to recruit new players to what recruitment can produce currently is apples and oranges. Just wait and see.