Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 Player Kingdoms

15 Player Kingdoms

Hi all,

I would like to make the suggestion for next age that there are 15 province kingdoms, a lot of kingdoms are having trouble filling their ranks, therefore the only solution we have atm is reducing the kingdom size to 15, this will help fill up many more kingdoms, and actually get experianced players into other kingdoms, spreading their knowledge.
    so i hope you all like my idea, and speak up, so we can bring utopia back to its former glory.

KoNGawain

Only reshuffle and diligent policing of proxies/trading will result in the talent staying though! Top kds will dump their slack, not their goodkids.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Good suggestion. Since the game went from many players and many many kingdoms to the low number it got now, having more kingdoms in with lower number of players in each would open up more competition.
    #officialjerks a kingdom full of the players we all love to hate.

The Dragon Portal a community site giving online tools and formaters, IRC War bot, IRC poster script, Firefox extension for Utopia.

did you really expect top kds to have 40% slack in their kds? besides having smaller kingdoms means more kingdoms will be filled, wich will make a lot more kingdoms able to war properly

Reducing KD size without shuffling and ending trading will only serve to increase the number of farm kds available to abuse :((

You might get a round or two out of it but eventually the adjustments happen and the undesirable kingdoms to play in would drop down proportionally in player count.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by KoNGawain View Post
    did you really expect top kds to have 40% slack in their kds? besides having smaller kingdoms means more kingdoms will be filled, wich will make a lot more kingdoms able to war properly
    There are definitely undesirable players and slackers that kds would love to ditch. Maybe not 40% though.

Also, 20-22 might be a better number if you want chaining to remain a viable strategy.
    Last edited by octobrev; 25-11-2017 at 21:24.

Needs to get out more
    It has been debated. And thank you for expressing yourself.

Basically, the first argument is experienced players won't play where they don't want to play. You might be surprised how few people crave challenges over glory.

The arguments for smaller kingdoms have to do with excessive inactivity and rogue provinces screwing the strat.

My perspective is that of challenge. One kingdom I noticed in the 15 range is a place I'd like to visit and play. I'm a guy who operates freely in the smallest kingdoms to the biggest, if they'll have me. Thus, my perspective is there are advantages to having few provinces if you adjust your game. I'm not for or against kingdom size limits because I've enjoyed the game at every level.

Now, if your motive is to have more casual kingdoms that are more equally matched then I understand that. However, we are unlikely to overcome bottom feeding because it is tactically sound for bigger kingdom in size by acreage and/or province count to use those advantages. This goes back to my desire for challenge/top feeding but is an unsavory style for most casual players.

I'm trying to illustrate that by virtue of style we determine our perspective. Since I'm going to retaliate big kingdoms as a rule I'm not suitable for casual play or strict environments.

For me: the bigger and better the enemy kingdom the greater the challenge.

For casual players: they just want to play Utopia with people they know and have competitive wars.

For competitive players: they want the crown and do what they must to achieve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    We have a few players that hang around just to play with friends and socialize. If we reduced KD size I'm sure they would be more likely to quit than to play elsewhere.

20-22 provinces would be a nice move. Every kd has 1-5 people they could be without
    I wouldnt be against trying out 15man kds on Genesis server though
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    We have a few players that hang around just to play with friends and socialize. If we reduced KD size I'm sure they would be more likely to quit than to play elsewhere.
    They can hang out in the chat to socialize while running external intel farms or button-delivery oriented provinces. That way they actually help the kingdom instead of weighing it down.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    They can hang out in the chat to socialize while running external intel farms or button-delivery oriented provinces. That way they actually help the kingdom instead of weighing it down.
    Yeah that's true. I don't see an decrease in KD size leading to an increase in competition or players though, so what's the point.

The problem isnt really kd size the problem is finding people willing to lead their kingdoms or well leaders. We need more people willing and knowing to lead to increase competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The problem isnt really kd size the problem is finding people willing to lead their kingdoms or well leaders. We need more people willing and knowing to lead to increase competition.
    Exactly these arguments. Maybe use it on a secondary server? If we ever get one.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Is this you? Do you feel you're up to the task? Need more guidance? Find this all in Ask a Monarch! and the many other great threads in the strategy forums!

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...!Ask-A-Monarch

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Post Fiend
    15 man kds would be more active kds which would be nice. However it will also mean more friendly kds towards eachother and more ****play. I would.give it a try though

Thread Information