Hey all,

Here's a bit of a rant from the ghetto. I've played in some kingdoms up top, and last age decided with my friends that we were done setting alarms and micromanaging every single detail. So we decided to create a ghetto, 10 provinces to just have fun. We tagged up "The Retirement Home", if that gives you any sort of indication as to our plans.
This age we were lucky? enough to get a few random provinces (mostly inactive), keeping up that wall (+20% wages) is just too expensive. Anyway, currently the kingdom comprises of about 12 actives (or at least, somewhat actives from the old core + 2 talking randoms). We have another 5 provinces who didnt pass 50K NW and another 5 provinces who (I think) login once every few days. Enough to avoid the +sign anyway.
You know, as we're just playing this game for fun, we really didnt feel like razing out those non-talking provinces. We havent really been bothered razing the inactives as there really wasnt a reason for us to burn resources on them. Heck not like we even could spare the resources.

When I was playing in a better kingdom last few ages, we'd occasionally get a random hit every 1-2 days. There'd be someone who hits us, a trad or abduct, usually on one of our TMs. Thinking it was a safe hit. Most of the time they'd get a retal, probably our/my reputation helped a bit too, considering we would defend our guys even if the other KD was bigger.

Anyway, back to the ghetto, which is why I'm posting this rant. As of right now, we're hostile with four kingdoms (4:20 - 2:8 - 2:13 - 5:5). I should say, we've been hit 45 times today, 20 times yesterday and 40 times the day before.
I've had pretty decent riot coverage the last few days (RL-days), pretty constant gluttony and greed too. Fortunately not droughts, but that might just be the NB they cant MV without relations. It's currently the 5th of utopia, we've been hit 19 times so far today.

The reason I'm writing this post is not so much because I'm annoyed by the constant bottomfeeding on my own prov. I'll bounce back. I'm annoyed by the fact that this game is actively killing the fun for anyone new. I've got a new guy in the kingdom whos actually communicating. He's been hit a lot lately. Those kingdoms thinking we'd like to war them have been keeping up spells on him too, even stealing his freaking food, making him starve. Throw in NS and the new guy is about to quit .. and can you really blame him?
-- For my own province, I'm down to 7.5 epa and 4.5 dspa currently. I had 12 epa and 6 dspa coming out of war cf. Dwarf / Sage.

New people are going to play any combination that is less than perfect. That's the thing with new people. So dont come here saying he should have picked a better combination. If you want this game to have any chance at surviving, this game needs a serious overhaul when it comes to out of war damage.

@the so called "top", unless you have ghetto experience (and I'm talking bottom-100 kds) in the past few ages, dont come here saying "it's not that bad" or "just diplo".

Regards,

NighT