Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Utopia

  1. #61
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    962
    care to elaborate on that sister kingdom comment? It pops up from time to time but seems more like speculations to me.

    Some of the high ranked kingdoms might have semi allies, but I wouldn't count to much on those relationships with all the gutting going on in the top these days, feels like half the kingdoms up there disbanded and reformed with others under a new name just the past few ages, that probably have more to do with requirements and leadership than anything else, if you put the most active 25 province kingdoms on 20 provinces that means the other 20 province kingdoms will have to raise their requirements in response or fail to be competitive.

  2. #62
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5
    This off topic. Has nothing to do with OP. Isn't there already a thread about fewer mates in KDs? I suppose UTOPIA is vague anyway.

    The way to offset fewer number of provs in a KD, 20 max, is to have 16-17 mates be "full" with the other 3 or 4 invited.
    Last edited by Evilyn; 13-12-2017 at 10:00.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    care to elaborate on that sister kingdom comment? It pops up from time to time but seems more like speculations to me.

    Some of the high ranked kingdoms might have semi allies, but I wouldn't count to much on those relationships with all the gutting going on in the top these days, feels like half the kingdoms up there disbanded and reformed with others under a new name just the past few ages, that probably have more to do with requirements and leadership than anything else, if you put the most active 25 province kingdoms on 20 provinces that means the other 20 province kingdoms will have to raise their requirements in response or fail to be competitive.

    maybe / maybe not. a lot of the smaller KDs in the server are pretty good but just lack the remaining 5-7 players to compete in the top.


    @Evilyn

    i did mention it was sort of off topic. but OP was saying how his KD was getting bottomfed, new players getting GBed due to their smaller KD size etc. My suggestion was to make it that KD like OP's KD, who have a core of good players but dont have 23 - 25provs like the top do, can manage to avoid issues like these. Im sure they are not the only KD experiencing the same thing. My KD has a good core of 18 players too. of course not good enough to complete with Top KDs. but with the smaller KD size we wont be bullied as much.

    just my opinion

  4. #64
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    430
    Why not recruit players into your KD if you already have 18? Getting from 18 to 22 should be achievable if you have leadership (or anyone) who will put some time into it.

  5. #65
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Why not recruit players into your KD if you already have 18? Getting from 18 to 22 should be achievable if you have leadership (or anyone) who will put some time into it.
    Quality recruiting and recruits are hard to come by. You have to have the formula to recruit well, meaning you require a good sales pitch: Zauper, an interesting new gadget: The Faery Circle, or reputable service: Emeriti. The ability to charm the pants off a high caliber recruit is often in the blood, not something that comes easy to the workaday leaders.

    The other part is that we are recruiting within our player base. We should be gentle in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  6. #66
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Quality recruiting and recruits are hard to come by.
    I don't really believe this is the case for a KD that has 18 good/alright players. I accept that if you are at, say, 10 players, it's probably hard to get people to stay. But a few ages ago I randomed into a shockingly ghetto KD. At the time there were a handful of decent players, a lot of inactives and some people who didn't really know what they were talking about. We changed monarch, removed people who needed to be removed, and over 2-3 ages built it into a pretty decent warring KD. Obviously not anything like a top KD, but I wouldn't call it a ghetto anymore. Almost none of the invites were to RL friends or existing utopian contacts of the leadership team, and we didn't use the recruitment forum. Instead they were split between (a) people who spawned/ defected in, (b) people we messaged / who messaged us in game who were not happy in their current KD and (c) occasionally utopia contacts of people in (a) or (b). The KD effectively disbanded since, but that was a result of lack of people able to lead and some leadership decisions, rather than the inability to recruit. I don't think we just got lucky over several ages with the people who came through. Of course, we also churned through a lot of hopeless / multi / inactive / farm provs, but we accepted that would happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The ability to charm the pants off a high caliber recruit is often in the blood, not something that comes easy to the workaday leaders.
    Honestly, it didn't take much. Talk to people. Be nice. Offer to help. Create a nice atmosphere where people enjoy coming online and coming into the chat room etc. It doesn't even have to be the actual monarch who does it.
    Last edited by Chris121; 13-12-2017 at 18:39.

  7. #67
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,289
    Some is to migrate toward activity wheelhouse instead of dictates. We have a lot of very old and brittle strategies that just hang around. They were based in a time when more coordination was possible. It's simply that I've seen good strategies working lower activity kingdoms. It's very rare because there were few a while ago. There are alternatives.

    As far as recruiting, it's a crapshoot for most kingdoms. If you've been around a while in the upper arch of the rankings you have self regulating recruiting by virtue of who you are. This doesn't apply to the lower tier with a few exceptions. There will be ghettos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •