Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I would like to know why stuff like this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Chrim View Post
    You're still doing it. You're the mod. You gave a warning, user apologized, move on. Stop derailing the thread. This is silly.
    You realize you're the one that is derailing the thread? You could have moved but apparently you really need to get thet last word.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No. User made an innappropiate comment. Warning was given. User apologized. Another user asks why a warning was necessary. Question is answered.

Do you think it's appropriate for the mod team to ignore questions about moderation?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You realize you're the one that is derailing the thread? You could have moved but apparently you really need to get thet last word.
    Sorry, you're right, I see this happen in every thread Palem responds in, and wanted to point it out. Don't know why the mod trolls users. I won't post about it anymore.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No. User made an innappropiate comment. Warning was given. User apologized. Another user asks why a warning was necessary. Question is answered.

Do you think it's appropriate for the mod team to ignore questions about moderation?
    Ok last post for real now :)

I absolutely do not think it is appropriate for the mod to address every question addressed to them, especially not within the thread. But that is my perspective, this is not my forum to run.

And yes I realize the thread is now completely derailed. This is why mods shouldn't engage with users.

edited grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrim View Post
    Sorry, you're right, I see this happen in every thread Palem responds in, and wanted to point it out. Don't know why the mod trolls users. I won't post about it anymore.
    You're the problem though not Palem consider you're the one that keep derailing the thread further and further. There is no trolling more than yours in fact if you hadnt popped up 10 hours later and responded to Palem again there would be no issue at all.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You're the problem though not Palem consider you're the one that keep derailing the thread further and further. There is no trolling more than yours in fact if you hadnt popped up 10 hours later and responded to Palem again there would be no issue at all.
    Agree. I am at fault. But my point is, that no matter who is at fault, Palem popping in to respond to things always leads to a derailment. Engaging with 'salty' users on such a small board is not good procedure. There should be no back and forth, there should be warnings and bans.

I take all the blame for this derailment. Just trying to be helpful. I have been going on this board for a month or so, and I see this keep happening. I have experience so I couldn't help but interject my opinion. Sorry for being disruptive, I swear I'll get back to work now. :D

edited for smiley face

If you have a problem with a post report it. No discussing mod actions. Thread locked.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information