Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like to know why stuff like this happens

Quote Originally Posted by mades3 View Post
    Got out of my KD, because I didn't want to be part of it. They were controlling and told you what to do and how to do it. But then, the next KD I join, right out of the gate, I get attacked thrice, and I saw this in the chat. I was part of those they called: "randoms". (No wonder people stop playing this game).

The kingdom of Not warring atm - recruiting (2:11)

Cable
    Mon, 15:51

And further down the convo:

And on the main page:

The last time I tried playing again (years ago), I told my KD I hadn't played in a while and would like some help, and the next thing I know, the next day my country was dead. How is this game even fun at all, when newer players, and those with less experience always get killed by their clan? At this point, I'll most likely stop playing and go back to only playing Earth Empires.
    Utopia is a team game. Your kingdom is your team. You do as they say, or you don't play with that team.

If you're new, inexperienced, or out of practice, it's best to communicate those facts to them. Maybe they can help, maybe you'll have to move to a new kingdom.

Defecting is not a good idea if you're not well versed in how to play - you're better waiting 24h to create a new province.

If you want to do whatever you want, there are kingdoms like that, especially lower in the rankings. Most will still of course demand you maintain certain sizes or defence or help in wars, etc.

Very, very few like mine (I am Steel, in the kd Octobrev mentioned) have zero rules at all. Mine is one of them, but we would still kill provinces that have a negative impact on the independent collective.

If you want to become reacquainted with the game and play at your own pace and according to your own tastes, PM myself or Korp for an invite.

Otherwise, learn how to follow orders and be a team player or quit and stop whining that you died because other people care about their kingdoms too much to let a solo playing noob bring them down.

Post Demon
    Sounds like you are saying you kill off people not up to your standards, that is not diffrent from what that kingdom he defected to decided to do on a whim, even if you may wait a week or two it is still the same stuff.

I'm currently on my 3rd age in a shell kingdom and we never killed of a single province, if they got inactive and auto abandonned I removed them, but below 22 man kingdoms you got the luxory of not needing to think about wars and could just focus on doing as best we could for ourself. I did not rule out wars, but I don't want to war if there is no good match, like equal size and numbers on both sides.

The worse that can happen in my kingdom is that I do not want to play with you the next age, I make a point of inviting everyone I do not have such issues with to play with me the next age, and have agreed to play with a few people who contacted me seeing the potential for a growth kingdom on few provinces where my original aim was to simplify things. Still I do not see a problem with some people following other goals, you can basically be your own master and play to the limit of your ability.

mades3
    @Uhm hoi Well, there is a difference between "coaching" someone, and playing for them, no? That being the case, if you tell me this: "20% of this building, 15% of this building, 30% of this building and 35% of whatever buildings you want... a specific TPA, a specific OPA and DPA, and you need to use munk AND Slack, oh, and of course participate every waking hour of the day - especially in Slack". That's not "team" play. That's "I'll play for you as a sitter without actually sitting your province". Man, they were so specific in terms of everything they wanted done, and how they wanted it done.

I am not exactly a new player, I stopped playing years ago, because many kingdoms were disrespectful, and had zero understanding of the need to help individuals, teach them different strats they could adopt etc. Instead, they simply kill you off if you aren't as good as them, or simply because you ask for help. As for those who do outright offer help, it's help based on their exact terms and rules. The one I had defected from, had literally a set of rules to follow every single day. And I mean, exactly what they wanted you to do, for every single thing, to the letter. Guidelines are fine, but creating rules based on what a kingdom wants to dictate is wrong, since it pretty much forces you to hand over your province to leadership, so they can "sit" your province without actually physically controlling it.

@StratOcastle Good advice for warring types of people, although that's never been my style. As I said, really good advice for sure. You said, "You get to run strats from honor to warring to whoring". What do you mean by "whoring"?

@umajon911 <removed>
    Last edited by Palem; 28-11-2017 at 01:33. Reason: Target sharing

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    "Guy" isn't quite as accurate but I suppose it will suffice. You should follow me around and make all my posts more friendly <33
    Trying to avoid insulting users.

Post Demon
    Would you be interested in trying out a kingdom below 22 people? we got 7 provinces at the moment althougth the last one might drop at some point, I joined with the remnant of another team to form a shell, and althougth I get to keep the M the steward mostly run the show atm since I'm sick with stress, still I get to advice on the course of the kingdom atleast. I would be fine with any race/personality combination since it is not my job to play it, you can ask for advice and I'll help as best I can althougth my strong points are as attacker and I don't do other strategies that well.

Feel free to pm me, we do have 1 or 2 in t100 but if that is not your goal no need to worry about that.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I remember randoming into an AoD kd 2 ages ago... ..Now I will raze ever AoD kd out there :-)
    You're obsessed lol! You still like us though ;D

Anyhow, my old KD literally had a list of what they wanted you to exactly do - that's not me not being a "team player" dude.
    It's not so much telling you what to do as it is countless hours other teammates have spent looking over stats, activity etc. to lay out the play as concise as they can for easy reading. Like you wouldnt argue the captain or the coach on the field is ordering you around when they're really just calling the play. it's actually a very prevalent concept in all team competition.

That's competitive though. No different than a game of pickup, if you're just here to play, stay away from recruitments for competitive slots, and youll find a good fit for yourself eventually :D have faith

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 28-11-2017 at 02:08.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Sounds like you are saying you kill off people not up to your standards, that is not diffrent from what that kingdom he defected to decided to do on a whim, even if you may wait a week or two it is still the same stuff.

I'm currently on my 3rd age in a shell kingdom and we never killed of a single province, if they got inactive and auto abandonned I removed them, but below 22 man kingdoms you got the luxory of not needing to think about wars and could just focus on doing as best we could for ourself. I did not rule out wars, but I don't want to war if there is no good match, like equal size and numbers on both sides.

The worse that can happen in my kingdom is that I do not want to play with you the next age, I make a point of inviting everyone I do not have such issues with to play with me the next age, and have agreed to play with a few people who contacted me seeing the potential for a growth kingdom on few provinces where my original aim was to simplify things. Still I do not see a problem with some people following other goals, you can basically be your own master and play to the limit of your ability.
    No. Have only killed inactives so far. But for example, if we had a province that would make terrible 13a quad taps on a zero def province and get us all repeatedly hit and op'd, I'd probably kill him if he didn't smarten up.

You can keep swinging all you like, but it isn't us that is killing new players left and right or refusing to properly train them.

Our offer has stood for over 15 ages now. Nobody ever takes it up.

Forum Fanatic
    Sounds to me like help was offered in how to do things but someone didnt want to try to listen or learn but wanted to do it his way .
    From the chat sounds like he explored alot with no defense which i wouldnt war with either.
    Most times if i get a defecter i message the kd he left and ask whats the issue. If that was done and the previous monarch said you wouldnt listen then yea.You got posted quickly.As people have mentioned this is a team game with individual players that have to work together .Most have no issues teaching a new player but not one who doesnt want to listen.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    @Uhm hoi Well, there is a difference between "coaching" someone, and playing for them, no? That being the case, if you tell me this: "20% of this building, 15% of this building, 30% of this building and 35% of whatever buildings you want... a specific TPA, a specific OPA and DPA, and you need to use munk AND Slack, oh, and of course participate every waking hour of the day - especially in Slack". That's not "team" play. That's "I'll play for you as a sitter without actually sitting your province". Man, they were so specific in terms of everything they wanted done, and how they wanted it done.

I am not exactly a new player, I stopped playing years ago, because many kingdoms were disrespectful, and had zero understanding of the need to help individuals, teach them different strats they could adopt etc. Instead, they simply kill you off if you aren't as good as them, or simply because you ask for help. As for those who do outright offer help, it's help based on their exact terms and rules. The one I had defected from, had literally a set of rules to follow every single day. And I mean, exactly what they wanted you to do, for every single thing, to the letter. Guidelines are fine, but creating rules based on what a kingdom wants to dictate is wrong, since it pretty much forces you to hand over your province to leadership, so they can "sit" your province without actually physically controlling it.

@StratOcastle Good advice for warring types of people, although that's never been my style. As I said, really good advice for sure. You said, "You get to run strats from honor to warring to whoring". What do you mean by "whoring"?

If you want to be in a war kingdom that doesn't dictate how you run your province (as long as you contribute and aren't getting the rest of the kingdom into trouble with your antics) Hit me up, we are a moderate war-kingdom. We will dictate what you do in war (who to hit, op, ect) but only to a certain point. We are also willing to teach. Most of us only just came back to the game in the last 2-3 ages, so lots of older players re-learning the game. Randoming into a kingdom isn't not ideal, there are a lot of kingdoms out there that think they are better than they are, and they think it takes micro-management to live up to their full potential. That's not us, We will offer advice, tell you what works and why, but we won't tell you that you CAN'T run a certain build, and if you can give competent reasoning about why you run it, we won't even bug you about it.

But, I expect you to learn from mistakes, to consider advice seriously, and to contribute to the kingdom. We also use Discord and Munk (not completely mandatory, but definitely highly recommended, makes intel-sharing soooo much easier)

Let me know if you are interested. We have 1 open slot, and 1 invite.

I feel bad for the guy...

He came from a time when the game had 3 days oop and there was more people and more kds where the learning curve isnt as steep.

Realistically some players who revist the game after many years may not even know why they need to build and when due to the sheer difference in game play since back then

You can't blame the guy for not knowing that the game has all these jackoffs and losers in ghettos who are less impatient due to their own lack of understanding when it comes to the incoming player base and general kd building principles.

A high % of randoms are always going to be new players...and even higher % of those specific players are old/returning players of yester-years that need complete retraining.

Most modern Uto players will use the recruitment forum or IRC channels to find an organized KD quicker...only a small % of decent players actually random out hoping to land in a decent kd (which is pointless now due to kds filling up to only 22 anyways)

Instead there are nubs leading nubs around and it seems we can't trust them to shepherd in any new generation of Utopians
    Last edited by DonJuan; 28-11-2017 at 03:53.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
    If you want to be in a war kingdom that doesn't dictate how you run your province (as long as you contribute and aren't getting the rest of the kingdom into trouble with your antics) Hit me up, we are a moderate war-kingdom. We will dictate what you do in war (who to hit, op, ect) but only to a certain point. We are also willing to teach. Most of us only just came back to the game in the last 2-3 ages, so lots of older players re-learning the game. Randoming into a kingdom isn't not ideal, there are a lot of kingdoms out there that think they are better than they are, and they think it takes micro-management to live up to their full potential. That's not us, We will offer advice, tell you what works and why, but we won't tell you that you CAN'T run a certain build, and if you can give competent reasoning about why you run it, we won't even bug you about it.

But, I expect you to learn from mistakes, to consider advice seriously, and to contribute to the kingdom. We also use Discord and Munk (not completely mandatory, but definitely highly recommended, makes intel-sharing soooo much easier)

Let me know if you are interested. We have 1 open slot, and 1 invite.
    Yeah I just re-join the game again after I saw some interesting changes and play at his KD. The kd is really fun and informal. The people are friendly and since everyone is busy in RL as adults, we all tend not to make big huha about things. I oop with full untrained soldiers to see how flexible dryad is with nw, offense, n horses. Monarch let me did it my own way and so far I did few experiments for my prov at two wars. I always communicate first what I wanna do to auto (out of respect) tho. I am actually OK with micro manage orders as I've been in those kind of kingdoms before. But I have to admit, having a room to do some experiments is much more fun than being told what to build n what to train to the very detail.

mades3
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Would you be interested in trying out a kingdom below 22 people? we got 7 provinces at the moment althougth the last one might drop at some point, I joined with the remnant of another team to form a shell, and althougth I get to keep the M the steward mostly run the show atm since I'm sick with stress, still I get to advice on the course of the kingdom atleast. I would be fine with any race/personality combination since it is not my job to play it, you can ask for advice and I'll help as best I can althougth my strong points are as attacker and I don't do other strategies that well.

Feel free to pm me, we do have 1 or 2 in t100 but if that is not your goal no need to worry about that.
    There's actually no option to PM you lol. I see one for LuckySports, but not on your profile for some reason.

Post Fiend
    Good ol' Cable! Looks like mani teached him something after all :D
    Confession of Lotus 4 life!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    You're obsessed lol! You still like us though ;D
    And how did you come to that conclusion...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    And how did you come to that conclusion...
    11-09-2017, 16:37
    Forum Addict
    <3
    I have an obsession for uto women...whats DM stand for lol

The difference between your forum posts and your PMs to me ;D One of the less racy PMs i have, but enough to further my conclusion lol #nothingissacred

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Thread Information