Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I would like to know why stuff like this happens

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Please get back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Please get back on topic
    I mean, the title is "I would like to know why this stuff happens"... And I'm going to repose the question here.

Why zulu?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post

It's not so much telling you what to do as it is countless hours other teammates have spent looking over stats, activity etc. to lay out the play as concise as they can for easy reading. Like you wouldnt argue the captain or the coach on the field is ordering you around when they're really just calling the play. it's actually a very prevalent concept in all team competition.

That's competitive though. No different than a game of pickup, if you're just here to play, stay away from recruitments for competitive slots, and youll find a good fit for yourself eventually :D have faith

-DM <3
    This.

If you played a competitive team field game you wouldn't complain when the coach told you everyone had to run round the field 5 times in training, and that you had to follow strict plays.
    If you don't want to do that join a non serious team that is happy just to boot the ball about once a week.

There's pretty much a kd for everyone, you just have to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Why zulu?
    Something bout them steel...and you know...its been a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    11-09-2017, 16:37
    Forum Addict
    <3
    I have an obsession for uto women...whats DM stand for lol

The difference between your forum posts and your PMs to me ;D One of the less racy PMs i have, but enough to further my conclusion lol #nothingissacred

-DM <3
    Oh that got awkward lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Postaholic
    @OP, There is a big difference between how a kingdom runs outside of war and when they are in war. When you are outside of war, you are going for optimal setup, which is usually going to be fairly consistent across most provinces. You do this so you have everyone in the best possible position for when you enter war. Good targetfinding for randoms is about the limit of the skill requirement for OOW play if you have a good leadership team that can do the planning. Once you are in war, however, that is where the skill of the individual player comes into play a lot more. The leadership can't micromanage every province effectively, so the individual player has to determine how best to manage his province to meet the kingdoms goals. They will give overall goals and direct you to targets to hit, but outside of that, it will largely be up to the individual player to determine how best to meet those goals within reason. This is multiplied several times over when you get chained in war as well, as there you need to manage the overpopulation properly or you are screwed.

I think you just have a different image of how kingdoms work in the game than is actually accepted as the case by the vast, vast majority of players. If you ask around, you'll likely be able to learn more about it and hopefully come to appreciate that whilst yes there is a lot of direction of the team by the team leaders, there is a lot of room for individual skill to come into play as well. If you are willing to learn and be active, most those leaders will be willing to invest the time in you to ensure you both get the best out of your time playing the game.

That said, there are some kingdoms out there that still allow you to largely play however you like within reason if you can find them, as has been mentioned :)
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

it still leaves to be said...uto players (especially so-called "leaders" of Uto KDs) shouldn't be jerks and at least try to show them/offer them a way out of their KD rather than straight up killing them.

I'm sure you can kill off players that don't respond to PMs at all as exceptions to the rule...but if a player is communicating and responsive then there is always a way professional way out.

If people gonna want the game to continue in the long run...then changing everyday bad habits from those that matter should start here
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Veteran
    @OP If you really only had soldier defence (which is what is said in the chats you posted) and were over 400 acres then i'm not surprised they razed you because you may not have time to get trained properly before their war / other plans. Personally I would probably have let you stay at 400 acres or so for 12-24 hours to see if you want to listen, train etc, but ultimately I would expect newcomers to follow instructions at least to a basic level (eg you need x dpa, you need x tpa, you need x offence if you are an attacker). I'd set the X's lower for a newcomer than for the rest of my KD, but if you couldn't / didn't get to a basic level and I felt it would compromise our war effort, yeah I'd ask you to leave and if necessary secure that result myself.

I tend to be more sceptical of people defecting in with undefended acres than I would be of someone who has just created a province, because the defector has already had more time.

Perhaps you were unfortunate. I suggest the recruitment chats or start a fresh province at 400 acres, don't explore and communicate and cooperate from the outset.

Regular
    Is this a troll post? OP joined a kingdom, refused to follow any orders, defected, acted a jerk to the new kingdom, then posted here, flaming everyone?

People like this would never have lasted more than a few days. Utopia is a team game, and unfortunately, it's not for everyone. A lot of players like this guy will join and leave, it's the ones who understand team play that y'all should be convincing to stay.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    it still leaves to be said...uto players (especially so-called "leaders" of Uto KDs) shouldn't be jerks and at least try to show them/offer them a way out of their KD rather than straight up killing them.

I'm sure you can kill off players that don't respond to PMs at all as exceptions to the rule...but if a player is communicating and responsive then there is always a way professional way out.

If people gonna want the game to continue in the long run...then changing everyday bad habits from those that matter should start here
    waste of time really, far faster to kill them instead of giving them room to grow/solidify their province, as for the OP - sounds like a garbage player who wants to do his own thing. Good on them for spotting it and getting rid of him early

Regular
    It's because of people like magic we can't have nice things :kappa:

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thghost View Post
    Really? OP explored, didn't train any military, and then got angry when his original kingdom tried to help him. THEN he defected, was rude to the next king, got angry and posted here.

I'm all for getting people into the game, but people who think this is a single player game are never going to stay. Nothing can be done about that.

Regular

I speak the trutru:pogchamp:

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrim View Post
    Really? OP explored, didn't train any military, and then got angry when his original kingdom tried to help him. THEN he defected, was rude to the next king, got angry and posted here.

I'm all for getting people into the game, but people who think this is a single player game are never going to stay. Nothing can be done about that.
    Magic =/= OP

Regular
    Magic =/= OP
    Uh yeah that's my point. Magic's opinion is valid because OP sucks.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrim View Post
    Uh yeah that's my point. Magic's opinion is valid because OP sucks.
    and where did I say his opinion was invalid? Clearly you don't understand the joke between me and him, he did. :p

Thread Information