Thread: New Player Friendly

Post Fiend

New Player Friendly

In an effort to assist new players, consider making info more easily accessible. In particular, I suggest that when you move the cursor over things like a spell, military unit, building efficiency numbers and etc that a small pop up will display with what it means.

For example if I put my cursor over Nature's Blessing a small dialogue box would say, "Nature's Blessing will protect your lands from any droughts and storms the world may see fit to place on you. This spell also has a chance of curing the Plague if your lands are affected by it." Or if I put my cursor over Building Eff. on the throne page a box might say something like, "Building efficiency is influenced by population count, science and race. It influences the level of effectiveness for buildings."

These tips could be turned off in settings.

I don't know how hard this is to implement and it might not be helpful to phone players.

Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    In an effort to assist new players, consider making info more easily accessible. In particular, I suggest that when you move the cursor over things like a spell, military unit, building efficiency numbers and etc that a small pop up will display with what it means.

For example if I put my cursor over Nature's Blessing a small dialogue box would say, "Nature's Blessing will protect your lands from any droughts and storms the world may see fit to place on you. This spell also has a chance of curing the Plague if your lands are affected by it." Or if I put my cursor over Building Eff. on the throne page a box might say something like, "Building efficiency is influenced by population count, science and race. It influences the level of effectiveness for buildings."

These tips could be turned off in settings.

I don't know how hard this is to implement and it might not be helpful to phone players.
    I have been suggesting something like this for years and just recently spoke to Hawk about this. He seemed interested and said he'd do some research into tool tips & the like iirc

Post Fiend
    I'd be willing to help fill in the text boxes.

Thread Information