Thread: Reflected spells

Veteran

Reflected spells

Reflected spells are showing up on the espionage page as having been casted on the target. I think that this is server wide, and not just me.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Reflected spells are showing up on the espionage page as having been casted on the target. I think that this is server wide, and not just me.
    Yup. Noticed it while casting greed last war. Definitely a mistake.

Well, you have to successfully land the spell on the target in the first place to get it reflected, so the Espionage page picks that up... Just like if you, or your enemy gets MVd (by friend or foe), the spell list on neither Self or Enemy Espionage page is updated... Just like if you get an SoT, the resources don't update if you steal from them... etc

The KD espionage page is very simplistic, its not a bug, just a limitation. Suggestion thread perhaps?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Well, you have to successfully land the spell on the target in the first place to get it reflected, so the Espionage page picks that up... Just like if you, or your enemy gets MVd (by friend or foe), the spell list on neither Self or Enemy Espionage page is updated... Just like if you get an SoT, the resources don't update if you steal from them... etc

The KD espionage page is very simplistic, its not a bug, just a limitation. Suggestion thread perhaps?
    How is thst not a bug?

I cast greed on province A
    Spell is reflected
    Espionage page shows everyone that province A has greed when it doesn't.

does your KD espionage page show that the victim of the reflect now has Greed? No. Is that a bug? I'll wager they say no.

does your KD espionage page show that the victim of the reflect now has Greed? No.
    Actually it does.

Wow, that's special! I was quite sure I had heard people stating the opposite before. Perhaps I am confusing it with straight up enemy spells, which don't show on the KD Espionage.

Wow, that's special! I was quite sure I had heard people stating the opposite before. Perhaps I am confusing it with straight up enemy spells, which don't show on the KD Espionage.
    Actually I got confused. Your own KD intel page shows only support spells casted by others, it doesn't show reflected one.

Post Fiend
    seems like this is a legit bug. if the spells was reflected the province doesn't actually have greed on it, so the espionage page stating it has greed for 4 hours is misleading AF.

This is by design, from the old Devs. Idk why, I argued it shouldn't appear but there you go. Please make a thread in suggestions.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information