Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Rule Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That wasn't the argument put forth though.

When does someone's efforts become null and void? It's not like I stopped playing 10 years ago. I built just as many kingdoms as Bart did and I certainly taught (or helped teach at least) more players than Bart ever did. Oh and I never taught people that cheating was ok.
    It basically was, yes. Bart's been a more valuable member of the community than you have over the last several years.

And by your own admission, he was a better mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    It basically was, yes. Bart's been a more valuable member of the community than you have over the last several years.

So valuable members in your worlds is those that cheat, harass people, pretend to be people they arent to trick new people...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So what Pillz and Pestilences is saying thats its okey to harass people and cheat and do other destructives things for the game because he did some good things. lol
    No, I never mentioned anything about destructive things.

Needs to get out more

I'm not so sure. Palem had several recruits that moved to top kingdoms. Palem is modest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm not so sure. Palem had several recruits that moved to top kingdoms. Palem is modest.
    That was in response to Pills attack of Palm AGAIN

Palm is an extremely adequate mod. His asstute adequatnessence permeates his every post. Palms adequacy adequately mods with caring adequateness.

Stratocastor my fiend says says Palm is a modest mod which would mean more moderation in most moderating from Palm.

I like the pretty colors of the new mods names. If they post together it will remind many users of Christmas. Allanon will soon has 1K posts.

In conclusion I believe most users [makes me think fondly of Tron] are over reacting to a nicer forum. Troll a byte as its good for you. So far I have seen "content removed" not bans.
    ps : as Opapa says Have Fun and Prosper.

<Edited - Reason: Personal Attacks>
    Last edited by Allanon; 09-12-2017 at 18:16.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Bart and Palem both showed the virtue of being able to put up with me (most of the time). If you ask me that's an enormous contribution, just ask one of my haters if you don't believe me.
    Now Bart is banned so that's kind of sad.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    That was in response to Pills attack of Palm AGAIN

Palm is an extremely adequate mod. His asstute adequatnessence permeates his every post. Palms adequacy adequately mods with caring adequateness.

Stratocastor my fiend says says Palm is a modest mod which would mean more moderation in most moderating from Palm.

I like the pretty colors of the new mods names. If they post together it will remind many users of Christmas. Allanon will soon has 1K posts.

In conclusion I believe most users [makes me think fondly of Tron] are over reacting to a nicer forum. Troll a byte as its good for you. So far I have seen "content removed" not bans.
    ps : as Opapa says Have Fun and Prosper.
    I've reported this post as it contains personal attacks against myself.

Additionally, yes, exposing players to cheating is a good thing.
    Cheating did more good for this game than anyone cares to admit. It's an MMO that is almost strictly team based. # of provinces & kingdoms thus factor into the games health.

Xlogged provinces tend to fulfill valuable roles as they're active provinces interacting both ways with others, compared to the hundreds of empty multies we now have on 400 acres.

So more active 'participants' in the game, the healthier game play across the server is.

Next, many people quit in the wake of the xlogging and proxy rule change under Jolt. Some have returned on-and-off since, most haven't and won't. They left because xlogging offered them the ability to play with friends who held varying levels of interest and activity in the game, without being a burden. For many, playing with 1 log in or two a day in a ghetto was just not a substitute for proper social play in a good* kingdom.

Next, there is the fact that all current owners and admins have cheated extensively in the past... That no doubt contributed to their enjoyment of the game and look where it led them? Why deprive their customers of that opportunity?

Your views of the game, community, and it's dynamics are either severely lacking or you're playing some weird game of ideologically blissful ignorance if you don't think cheating has had a net positive effect on the game.
    Last edited by Allanon; 09-12-2017 at 18:28. Reason: Quoted post edited

@Pills, You state Palm is a less valuable member of the community than Bart, a known cheater, for several years.
    LOL how is my post worse than your personal attack?
    ps: I like that known cheater whose name I dare not post.
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 09-12-2017 at 19:03. Reason: Voldebart

If the developers allow it I am willing to play up to 10 provinces for my current KD. We could easily cherry pick the committed players who want to participate in team efforts and fill up to 25 then. I believe we could go for land crown even.

@Pills, You state Palm is a less valuable member of the community than Bart, a known cheater, for several years.
    LOL how is my post worse than yours? But TQ for reposting mine so ppl can read waht I posted

His post being worse than yours does not make your own post OK. A relative metric is absolutely redundant in this case.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

LOL how is my post worse than your personal attack? But TQ for reposting mine so ppl can read waht I posted

Saying he's less valuable to the community isn't a personal attack, it's an evaluation of his material contribution to the community, and has nothing to do with him personally.

I've reported this post as it contains personal attacks against myself.

Additionally, yes, exposing players to cheating is a good thing.
    Cheating did more good for this game than anyone cares to admit. It's an MMO that is almost strictly team based. # of provinces & kingdoms thus factor into the games health.

Xlogged provinces tend to fulfill valuable roles as they're active provinces interacting both ways with others, compared to the hundreds of empty multies we now have on 400 acres.

So more active 'participants' in the game, the healthier game play across the server is.

Next, many people quit in the wake of the xlogging and proxy rule change under Jolt. Some have returned on-and-off since, most haven't and won't. They left because xlogging offered them the ability to play with friends who held varying levels of interest and activity in the game, without being a burden. For many, playing with 1 log in or two a day in a ghetto was just not a substitute for proper social play in a good* kingdom.

Next, there is the fact that all current owners and admins have cheated extensively in the past... That no doubt contributed to their enjoyment of the game and look where it led them? Why deprive their customers of that opportunity?

Your views of the game, community, and it's dynamics are either severely lacking or you're playing some weird game of ideologically blissful ignorance if you don't think cheating has had a net positive effect on the game.
    First off, report actioned. Try not to faint in shock.

Secondly, a lot of what was viewed by the owners at the time as cheating has now been integrated into the game as features in recognition of the positive effect it had on the game. In place of account trading we now have the invite system. In the place of x-logging we now have the sitting system.

These elements of the game were viewed as cheating at the time, however, and their introduction as formal parts of the game does not change that status.

Yes, some players still cheat, and yes the game owners have cheated in the past when they were players of the game not the owners and operators. But now it falls on them to provide a stable, even and fairly regulated environment for the game to proceed on, and as a part of that they have to introduce and enforce the rules of the game, and action violations of those rules just as the owners of the game at the time they were players would have actioned them had they been caught cheating.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    You should serve as an example, not rile people up like a forum troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post

Secondly, a lot of what was viewed by the owners at the time as cheating has now been integrated into the game as features in recognition of the positive effect it had on the game. In place of account trading we now have the invite system. In the place of x-logging we now have the sitting system.

These elements of the game were viewed as cheating at the time, however, and their introduction as formal parts of the game does not change that status.

Yes, some players still cheat, and yes the game owners have cheated in the past when they were players of the game not the owners and operators. But now it falls on them to provide a stable, even and fairly regulated environment for the game to proceed on, and as a part of that they have to introduce and enforce the rules of the game, and action violations of those rules just as the owners of the game at the time they were players would have actioned them had they been caught cheating.
    Sitting is not equivalent to xlogging in any meaningful way.

And they should provide exactly that sort of environment, by introducing adequate features that ease game play commitments (actual xlogging).

And by not suffocating the community at every opportunity. But i digress.

No your post IS a personal attack, obfuscation. You Quote him by NAME.

The diff is Palm did not report you. I get it now. TQ Mati for showing me logic.
    So actionable offenses are more like a mad scrum for a fumble in football. I can live with that.

TWEET, personal foul sl0hnd, 15 yards and loss of 1 point.

Freakin hades froze. I too like prov sitting.

PPL xloggin and playing multi accounts is OK by me, err I mean bad, BAD
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 09-12-2017 at 20:14. Reason: Voldebart

I believe what Pillz was getting at was that creating 400 acre provinces and never playing them hurts more than actual played multies.

In my mind multies that eventually get deleted hurts the most, creating 400 acre provinces is a close 2nd while I believe legal multies would actually help KDs trying to get somewhere. That said I've actually created close to 10 provinces at once in an attempt to land in a decent kingdom, well that was just stupid - could have used the forum.

Thread Information