Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Rule Clarification

Obfuscate , to throw into shadow : darken : to make obscure : confuse

I C your style also. You give your opinions as they are facts. U R Fox News of Utopia. They are not facts. They are commentary, opinions. Not facts
    I state when my post are opinions most of the time.

@Strat, the downfall of Utopia is as the ages passed games with awsome graphics took its place with younger potential players.
    Game consuls took over from computers / Sparkly lights beat fun play and stimulating conversations

Warcraft has been around longer than Utopia
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 09-12-2017 at 23:11. Reason: Voldebart is awesomesauce
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Obfuscate , to throw into shadow : darken : to make obscure : confuse

I C your style also. You give your opinions as they are facts. U R Fox News of Utopia. They are not facts. They are commentary, opinions. Not facts
    I state when my post are opinions most of the time.
    And what exactly am I obfuscating, I ask for the tenth? time...

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Bullying does exist but my impression is we're debating semantics. People tend to deflect things as better ways than dealing with a problem. We aren't so far away in our assessment of the game as some might believe. I'm willing to listen as you apparently are.

Mehuls failure wasn't the failure of an idea. There's no failure as it were, just data that suggests we as a community act in ways that subvert culture more than we build. Even if Mehul doubted himself or changed his objectives to "gaming" the results are here before us. I've no faith in institutions. Great ideas can come from the most evil, so we have to learn about compartmentalizing.

That a lot of guys enjoyed deep competition isn't lost on me. But look at them now. Where are they? Look at the top. It's more an aftermath than a gleaming example of the past. I've often said that the game can survive to the point where nostalgia creeps in on old players. It requires nurturing, not neglect.

Players that despise the efforts of those who try; they're like victims of abuse. Burning everything either because glory has passed them or old wounds nag at them. The new devs may've been contributors to the downfall of the game, but my faith lies in their recognition of the innate beauty of the game. Nobody needs to apologize for anything, but the time has come for players to recognize the long term effect of channeling poor behavior over stewardship. My respect for the devs doesn't come from expectation, but simply that they endeavor to lift Utopia from certain death.
    I disagree with every single word in this post.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm closing this as the clarification has been made and it's now just derailing into people fighting.

Thread Information