Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139

Thread: Rule Clarification

  1. #31
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    459
    2 sub forums have 2 dedicated moderators each, the forums overall have 2 dedicated moderators and there are 3 game administrators present... seems a stretch to go from 2 to everyone even for an accountant!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@utopia-game.com

    Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

    Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

    Help us create a new Utopia Guide! Contributors will be forever etched in the history of Utopia! Click here for more info!

  2. #32
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,833
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    2 sub forums have 2 dedicated moderators each, the forums overall have 2 dedicated moderators and there are 3 game administrators present... seems a stretch to go from 2 to everyone even for an accountant!
    Well in all fairness it went from 2 mods to 9 in a pretty short amount of time lol

  3. #33
    Forum Fanatic octobrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    2,421
    This is a 350% increase in moderation without a proportional increase in players. I would compare to the moderator to player ratios of competitors' games but I'm not sure there are any. :(

  4. #34
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    2 sub forums have 2 dedicated moderators each, the forums overall have 2 dedicated moderators and there are 3 game administrators present... seems a stretch to go from 2 to everyone even for an accountant!
    Of the 5 mods promoted within Party ranks since your purchase, 3 are hardcore Abs including their leader, and one is their close ally.

    You're obviously biased as administrators of this game and your mod choices (4/5) are horrendous.

    You should put some work into expanding the player base, rather than chipping away at it with continuous instances of unsafe ads and Nazi forum moderation of your most active and involved community members.

    <Post Edited>
    Last edited by Allanon; 05-12-2017 at 03:22. Reason: No personal attacks please

  5. #35
    Forum Fanatic octobrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    2,421
    Assuming the acceleration of moderator recruitment and number of players remain constant, the entire community will be moderating by age 88.

    Last edited by octobrev; 05-12-2017 at 03:07.

  6. #36
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Of the 5 mods promoted within Party ranks since your purchase, 3 are hardcore Abs including their leader, and one is their close ally.

    You're obviously biased as administrators of this game and your mod choices (4/5) are horrendous.

    You should put some work into expanding the player base, rather than chipping away at it with continuous instances of unsafe ads and Nazi forum moderation of your most active and involved community members.

    <Post Edited>
    That's a bull**** warning. It wasn't a personal attack, it was an opinion.

  7. #37
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I apologize for the seemingly double standard. The stricter posting standards began being adhered to after those particular posts and retroactively administering punishments for different standards seems like a far worse course of action than just biting the bullet and having some seemingly glaring consistency issues for a while before older threads fall off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    You were in violation, yes, but given it was not spelled out in the rules at the time and you were likely unaware of the consequences, not to mention acting in good faith, we're not going to action you based on that so long as it doesn't happen in future :)
    Thought stricter posting standards were already enforced and all of us have to bite the bullet and have some glaring consistency issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Thanks. Learned something today.
    * Finally stopped trying to be an English Teacher after getting schooled.

    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15383239

  8. #38
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    You should put some work into expanding the player base, rather than chipping away at it with continuous instances of unsafe ads and Nazi forum moderation of your most active and involved community members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    That's a bull**** warning. It wasn't a personal attack, it was an opinion.

    Or was it a confirmation of Godwin's law?

  9. #39

  10. #40
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    3. This one is fairly simple. When a user is banned, they are banned from communicating using these boards. If you help that person bypass that ban by posting on their behalf, regardless of the content, you are undermining the ban imposed on that person, and thus violating the rules.
    So now it's everyone's responsibility to know who is and who isn't banned at any given point in time? That's pretty absurd.

    If I get banned from the forums it's because I said something I shouldn't have. Likewise if I post on behalf of someone else (a forum member, a banned forum member, someone who never bothered to register to this forum, etc.) and that post includes something inappropriate, then I'm responsible for the post.

    Telling me that I'm responsible for knowing who is banned and asking me to therefore appropriately filter my posts is something I have never seen on any forum ever. Because it's stupid and impossible.

  11. #41
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by azsxdcfv View Post
    Thought stricter posting standards were already enforced and all of us have to bite the bullet and have some glaring consistency issues?
    Apparently the glaring consistency issues include mods not being on the same page.

  12. #42
    Utopia Talk Moderator Allanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    So now it's everyone's responsibility to know who is and who isn't banned at any given point in time? That's pretty absurd.

    If I get banned from the forums it's because I said something I shouldn't have. Likewise if I post on behalf of someone else (a forum member, a banned forum member, someone who never bothered to register to this forum, etc.) and that post includes something inappropriate, then I'm responsible for the post.

    Telling me that I'm responsible for knowing who is banned and asking me to therefore appropriately filter my posts is something I have never seen on any forum ever. Because it's stupid and impossible.

    If someone is asking you to post on their behalf, it is your responsibility to ensure that the content you are posting complies with the forum rules. If it does not, the consequences rest with you. This is standard practice whatever forum you are on.



    Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    Apparently the glaring consistency issues include mods not being on the same page.

    More different ways of saying the same thing. It wasn't a spelled out rule at the time, he didn't know it was a rule at the time, he acted in good faith, so we decided not to action him on it even though we could have at the time. It is now spelled out in the rules, the grey area is completely removed on that issue, and it will be strictly enforced as per the new moderation standards from this point forth, but we're not going to judge someone retroactively based on the new standards and rules :)
    Last edited by Allanon; 05-12-2017 at 06:25.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

    Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

  13. #43
    Post Demon Chrystal Palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    1,561
    Why not just shut the forum down? Some of us like reading octo troll people. Some of is like to post #paykuhan. Like youre gonna allow coords posted and get lenient on some things but stricter on others. You can give me all the points you want because the days of trolling proteus and morbo are now done. .fyi they really are brothers.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

  14. #44
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    If someone is asking you to post on their behalf, it if your responsibility to ensure that the content you are posting complies with the forum rules. If it does not, the consequences rest with you. This is standard practice whatever forum you are on.
    It's my responsibility to enforce forum bans? Is the absurdity of that not self-evident to you? You seem a little confused, no offense btw. Obviously I'm not going to post hardcore sex videos "on behalf of" someone else and then try to pretend I'm not responsible. I'm not a psycho.

    But seriously? Am I even allowed to mention a banned person? Reference anything the banned person has ever said or did in the past? Relay some opinion that this banned person has expressed to me in private? What is the implication here? That if I speak on behalf of a banned person then that means he has stuck a gun to my head and forced me to post his comment on the forum? That I'm some kind of weird forum slave that's around all the time to post this person's comments? Or that I, as an unbanned person who shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of SOMEONE ELSE'S ACTIONS, have elected to relay the thoughts and words of a banned person. Or maybe I made it up! Maybe I'm not actually speaking on behalf of that banned person. Who would know? It's ridiculous. Don't tell me this is "standard practice" on any forum.

  15. #45
    Utopia Talk Moderator Allanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    It's my responsibility to enforce forum bans? Is the absurdity of that not self-evident to you? You seem a little confused, no offense btw. Obviously I'm not going to post hardcore sex videos "on behalf of" someone else and then try to pretend I'm not responsible. I'm not a psycho.

    But seriously? Am I even allowed to mention a banned person? Reference anything the banned person has ever said or did in the past? Relay some opinion that this banned person has expressed to me in private? What is the implication here? That if I speak on behalf of a banned person then that means he has stuck a gun to my head and forced me to post his comment on the forum? That I'm some kind of weird forum slave that's around all the time to post this person's comments? Or that I, as an unbanned person who shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of SOMEONE ELSE'S ACTIONS, have elected to relay the thoughts and words of a banned person. Or maybe I made it up! Maybe I'm not actually speaking on behalf of that banned person. Who would know? It's ridiculous. Don't tell me this is "standard practice" on any forum.
    It is your responsibility to respect forum bans and to not aid others in circumventing a forum ban by communicating on these forums on their behalf by relaying messages for them. If you see fit to aid someone in circumventing a ban, then you will be violating the forum rules and it will be your actions that you will be facing the consequences of, not those of someone else. If you feel this could lead to uncertainty regarding your own posts, I would suggest you avoid communicating on others behalf in the forums and instead have them speak for themselves.

    References to existing posts from before the ban is not a violation, as long as the posts you make referencing them conform to the other rules of the forum.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

    Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •