Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 139

Thread: Rule Clarification

  1. #91
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    450
    Evading bans is not acceptable, this is not a hard case.
    If you are banned from the Forums, there is a reason for it and therefore your comments on the Forums are unwanted.

    I'm also somewhat confused about why people think we 'hate' Bart. I don't hate him. He's been banned for good reason, not because of any other reason than the reasons stated very clearly in the thread that outlined what he did and why it was wrong. The policy update to include specific language detailing that posting on behalf of banned users is not allowed was to specify just that, not some backdoor way of keeping out a single user. It was not specifically stated previously and needed to be; there is no undertone or secret meaning for it. The policy is straight-forward and direct (and reasonable!).
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@utopia-game.com

    Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

    Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

    Help us create a new Utopia Guide! Contributors will be forever etched in the history of Utopia! Click here for more info!

  2. #92
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Evading bans is not acceptable, this is not a hard case.
    If you are banned from the Forums, there is a reason for it and therefore your comments on the Forums are unwanted.

    I'm also somewhat confused about why people think we 'hate' Bart. I don't hate him. He's been banned for good reason, not because of any other reason than the reasons stated very clearly in the thread that outlined what he did and why it was wrong. The policy update to include specific language detailing that posting on behalf of banned users is not allowed was to specify just that, not some backdoor way of keeping out a single user. It was not specifically stated previously and needed to be; there is no undertone or secret meaning for it. The policy is straight-forward and direct (and reasonable!).
    There is nothing reasonable about forum Nazis.

  3. #93
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    450
    If there's nothing productive from your posts, they will be removed; if you continually don't contribute discussion to the topic you will be removed.

    There's a sub-forum specifically for spam, if that's what you want to do then do it there.


    Discussion of topics by users with active accounts are what the Forums are for. If that is not what is taking place, then it's not acceptable Forum behavior.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@utopia-game.com

    Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

    Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

    Help us create a new Utopia Guide! Contributors will be forever etched in the history of Utopia! Click here for more info!

  4. #94
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    If there's nothing productive from your posts, they will be removed; if you continually don't contribute discussion to the topic you will be removed.

    There's a sub-forum specifically for spam, if that's what you want to do then do it there.


    Discussion of topics by users with active accounts are what the Forums are for. If that is not what is taking place, then it's not acceptable Forum behavior.
    Is that a personal warning, or can we expect a sharp decline in Palem spamming every thread with gifs?

    Either way, my post was on topic and an apt response to your outlandish claim that the rule change was reasonable - because nothing you've implemented on the forums as been.

  5. #95
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    474
    Bart himself provided more useful posts than any post from palem. Yet he is still a mod.

  6. #96
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    Bart himself provided more useful posts than any post from palem. Yet he is still a mod.
    Just for arguments sake, you probably made one of the most stupidest post ever made.

    Comparing Bart to Palem? Lol!

    Palem has actually done a lot good to this game than Bart could even think off. Just because since last 1 year or so he has acted trollish doesn't mean you compare him with someone who did nothing apart from provoking the mods or Devs or other fellow players.
    #Rage

    Best FAKE Kingdom in Utopia
    AWAR Specialists
    Fair Play Alliance Cornerstone

    ***** Most number of Awar Crowns - 5 *****

  7. #97
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,899
    <Post Removed - Reason: a person's marital status is not relevant to discussion on these forums>
    Last edited by Allanon; 07-12-2017 at 16:06.

  8. #98
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    474
    Bart been helping newbies. Palem just spams stupid ****.

  9. #99
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Just for arguments sake, you probably made one of the most stupidest post ever made.

    Comparing Bart to Palem? Lol!

    Palem has actually done a lot good to this game than Bart could even think off. Just because since last 1 year or so he has acted trollish doesn't mean you compare him with someone who did nothing apart from provoking the mods or Devs or other fellow players.
    Bart actually played the game. He led a kingdom or two or three or four. That is a substantial contribution to the game.

    During the period Bart has been 'active', Palem has either not had a province or has been hiding, and all he's managed to contribute to the forums is insight into his obsession with a certain morally bankrupt female celebrity.

  10. #100
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Bart actually played the game. He led a kingdom or two or three or four. That is a substantial contribution to the game.

    During the period Bart has been 'active', Palem has either not had a province or has been hiding, and all he's managed to contribute to the forums is insight into his obsession with a certain morally bankrupt female celebrity.
    Bart also regularly contributed to discussion on changes and mechanics as well as maintaining a thread on formulas.

  11. #101
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    So what Pillz and Pestilences is saying thats its okey to harass people and cheat and do other destructives things for the game because he did some good things. lol

  12. #102
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So what Pillz and Pestilences is saying thats its okey to harass people and cheat and do other destructives things for the game because he did some good things. lol
    You are allowed to loot people as long as you fund the expenses of a student's education! :D
    #Rage

    Best FAKE Kingdom in Utopia
    AWAR Specialists
    Fair Play Alliance Cornerstone

    ***** Most number of Awar Crowns - 5 *****

  13. #103
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Is that a personal warning, or can we expect a sharp decline in Palem spamming every thread with gifs?
    You'd have a point, if I did that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Bart actually played the game. He led a kingdom or two or three or four. That is a substantial contribution to the game.

    During the period Bart has been 'active', Palem has either not had a province or has been hiding, and all he's managed to contribute to the forums is insight into his obsession with a certain morally bankrupt female celebrity.
    In the time that Bart has been active, Sid hasn't played, therefore Bart is a much better leader than Sid.

    See the problem with your argument?

  14. #104
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You'd have a point, if I did that.



    In the time that Bart has been active, Sid hasn't played, therefore Bart is a much better leader than Sid.

    See the problem with your argument?
    active Bart leading kingdoms and teaching people is more useful to the current game than a non playing Sid tho.

  15. #105
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    That wasn't the argument put forth though.

    When does someone's efforts become null and void? It's not like I stopped playing 10 years ago. I built just as many kingdoms as Bart did and I certainly taught (or helped teach at least) more players than Bart ever did. Oh and I never taught people that cheating was ok.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •