Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule Clarification

Are you Allanon KT? Or something like that.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Yes
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

You used to have Absalom tattooed on you. What happened?
    Last edited by Palem; 04-12-2017 at 20:35.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Enthusiast
    Protip: you can't get banned if you just stop coming to the forum.

I think that's the direction they are trying to steer this new over moderation to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Protip: you can't get banned if you just stop coming to the forum.

I think that's the direction they are trying to steer this new over moderation to.
    You also dont get banned if you follow the rules, seems to hard for some people though.

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    * "Trolling" (posts only intended to stir up trouble) - If in doubt avoid it, and you should have no problems.
    - So don't be like korp? or octo? or mike? or steel? or any of the other active players in the forums....
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    to be clear if u go over to the strategy forums and tell people they should always 2v1, and gb their targets just before war declare i'd call it "unethical" but you wouldn't be in violation of the rules.
    I might be wrong but still pretty sure the rule is referring to real life ethics, not utopia ethics. Might be hard to differentiate for some but still.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    I might be wrong but still pretty sure the rule is referring to real life ethics, not utopia ethics. Might be hard to differentiate for some but still.
    Correct. Encouraging gameplay that remains within the rules of the game, regardless of the ethical boundaries developed by the game community separate to those rules, is not a violation. The rules are referring to real-life activities only, online or offline.

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    Correct. Encouraging gameplay that remains within the rules of the game, regardless of the ethical boundaries developed by the game community separate to those rules, is not a violation. The rules are referring to real-life activities only, online or offline.
    which is y i added a comment. if people are asking about rules those who go over to strategy forums and start posting they should know if u wanna argue a 80% homes in war build is viable like VT2 (what was his name again?) used to your more than welcome. Its not trolling nor 'unethical' even if its pretty damaging to the nub that takes you seriously

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    ..if u wanna argue a 80% homes in war build is viable like VT2 (what was his name again?)..
    The homes guy was Vines. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Don't you dare besmirch VT2's name by confusing with him Vines!

Post Demon
    IMO that "trolling" thing gets a lot of people crossed up. As best I've been able to tell, "quick trolling", as in tongue in cheek irony/sarcasm, gets a pass because it is clear enough to most people, and often humorous. Know you are playing with fire if you try it though - just cause it is clear to everyone else doesn't mean that one person won't fail to get it entirely. (It need not ever be a mod that doesn't find it funny - if it causes a problem, it was out of line... and you don't know for sure if it'll cause a problem.)

Also note the unrelenting, heavy handed sarcasm doesn't help. Firstly, you're going to screw it up if you use it all the time. Secondly, and probably even more importantly, the lack of any contrast weakens you message even if it doesn't draw a ban. It is funny and powerful when it is reserved for special occasions.

This is why the mods can pull it off more often, btw - the colors on their names give them better contrast.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Don't you dare besmirch VT2's name by confusing with him Vines!
    both v names and its been what 5 years since either of them posted. <3 i shall remember

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    You used to have Absalom tattooed on you. What happened?
    Absalom's been dead a long time, Matija. Time moves on, as do we all :)

I can't help but notice that we are slowly turning the entire user base into moderators. Is this some kind of ploy to make people feel invested in the rules?

Last edited by octobrev; 05-12-2017 at 02:34.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information