Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Attacker race/pers advice

Pure Attacker race/pers advice

So I've been playing A/M and have decided to switch to a pure attacker. Talking to my monarch we've narrowed down some choices in no particular order:

Dwarf/Sage - building and sci bonuses
    Dwarf/Warrior - building bonus and offense from Warrior
    Orc/Undead - high offense elites/enemy casualties and plague
    Avian/Undead - same as orc, can probably only take advantage of attack times on weekends
    Dryad/Tactician - really high offense

Hoping to get some suggestions and a bit about why over the next 15 hours to help me decide, thanks for the help!

Enthusiast
    Dryad warrior would be my pick, the offense would be down right crazy. Dwarf sage or warrior if your lazy.

I am playing dryad tactician n it is awesome

The offense per net worth is so good if u HV Max horses n prisoners. Very flexible to play with

Orc/ Mystix...only true attackers know the benefit of casting MS on their opponents while their ogres decimate the enemies land
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    @Bokou - you haven't really said what you are going to do with it beside from "pure attacker". For example:

-will you be aiming to war?
    -what are the races of the other attackers in your KD? Having one dryad in the KD is not likely to work brilliantly.
    - is the ability to turtle going to be useful to your KD?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    @Bokou - you haven't really said what you are going to do with it beside from "pure attacker". For example:

-will you be aiming to war?
    -what are the races of the other attackers in your KD? Having one dryad in the KD is not likely to work brilliantly.
    - is the ability to turtle going to be useful to your KD?
    Why do you believe everyone plays in super organised kingdoms?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Orc/ Mystix...only true attackers know the benefit of casting MS on their opponents while their ogres decimate the enemies land
    Yeah, our monarch played as Orc Mystic last age because he knew he was going to be chained anyway. It's awesome for LL land back and getting all those nasty spells on the other kd.

Quote Originally Posted by emerix View Post
    Yeah, our monarch played as Orc Mystic last age because he knew he was going to be chained anyway. It's awesome for LL land back and getting all those nasty spells on the other kd.
    SEE!!! No one believes me! lol Orc/Mystix is FTW best combo hands down....unless you talk to Palem, he rides or dies by FA
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Orc is an obvious choice for heavy attacker, no question about that. I dont understand why Human and DE is not in your list though. In most cases especially in longer wars they are less risky and more useful than Dwarves or Dryad. Generally playing attacker you should expect to be chained so you need the resilience that Orcs, Human and DE posses so you can keep attacking after being chained.

Needs to get out more
    The attacker types can be categorized to help identify a role.

Whenever we put avian in the conversation we're now talking about attackers who excel in destroying other attackers. Imagine the hunter-killer sub in Red October or any number of fighter planes, specifically designed to destroy enemy fighters.

This is one of the least utilized areas of the game. In other words, lots of kingdoms simplistically choose a given race without navigating the theater of operation. Things work because most kingdom mutually ignore specialization. But I digress....

Dryad = bunker buster, railroad gun, Big Bertha
    Orc = heavy mobile artillery that can't button up like a tank
    Human = medium tank with excellent range
    Dwarf = the ultimate utility tank
    Avian = yknow
    Dark Elf = Stalin's Organ; katyusha rocket platform

Personality is the way you outfit the thing, like tac has good radar, and warrior has a high penetration weapons platform. There are times you might need both.

Oftentimes I'd choose my race/personality after the rest of the kingdom chose theirs. This allowed me to bolster gaps in the overall kingdom strat. My favorite platforms were elf cleric(rip) and undead(rip) sage. These were the meanest flowers I've played, if not specific to the attacker ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguirezz View Post
    Orc is an obvious choice for heavy attacker, no question about that. I dont understand why Human and DE is not in your list though. In most cases especially in longer wars they are less risky and more useful than Dwarves or Dryad. Generally playing attacker you should expect to be chained so you need the resilience that Orcs, Human and DE posses so you can keep attacking after being chained.
    Humans were mentioned, but he is currently DE and doesnt enjoy it. He is looking at more of a suicide offense strat, so probably leaning more Orc since defense dies so quickly anyway.

I don't understand the mentality of being heavy attacker means u can run 1 TPA and almost no WPA. That's not suicidal. That's stupid

Dryad Cleric, oh wait...yeah i blame devs

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why do you believe everyone plays in super organised kingdoms?
    I do not believe that. My questions were basic and could be answered by "I don't know". Providing "I don't know" as an answer would still help us to advise.

Thread Information