Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Attacker race/pers advice

Veteran
    Orc/Undead looks strong this age. Every KD outside the top 20 eats a ton of hits, and you want to be able to retaliate those when OOW. Orc is an absolute killer 1v1 OOW because you'll always be out-gaining your opponent with your bonus to gains, and killing a bunch more of their troops than they can yours. Pack on universities to protect your scientists from abducts and hospitals to add to your -losses bonus and you go out abducting over and over - you'll gain many more than you lose if you choose good targets.

Dryad Tact packs on huge offense. Huge. But has no troop loss protection, which means this setup probably costs you a lot of gc in lost elites when retalling. You would need to compensate with high hosps all the time. Running tact balances out the bad attack time, and seems essential to me.

Avian/Undead is very strong for very active players. x3 hits per day with low losses is huge. But you'll have middling offense.

The other races aren't 'pure attackers', which was the question you asked. You could force a dwarf or human into a heavy attacking combo, but why bother? The three mentioned above would be imo the 'purest, best out-and-out attacking' combos you could really run with.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    ... Having one dryad in the KD is not likely to work brilliantly. ...
    I'm not sure I totally agree with this. If you have the time to set up your sizes, having a lone Dryad might be fine. You *know* who is getting chained first, every time. Buys time for the other attackers, and lets you tailor your build specifically to the situation. You might not like playing this combo, but it should still be an idea even "unsupported". Other races can do this job as well, but Dryad is the easiest to pull it off with.

Things you'd need if you are the intentional chain bait:
    Firstly, top or near top offense - you can't be chain bait if you aren't the scariest thing around to the enemy T/Ms. (Hence Dryad - takes less to be the biggest off.)
    Commitment to AIAO. I've blown the login time for war start and been crushed for it. I've failed to hit within 3 minutes of war start in a proposed war and been locked out before I got my 3rd general out. When you are target #1, you *must* have good incoming, always.
    High GS, decent rax/hospitals etc. Reasonable defense too - depends a bit on your opponent, but if you can keep them at only 2x (or 3x) instead of 4x from the get-go, you bog them down better. Suicider style is *not* good for chain bait - makes it too easy.
    Low TPA but solid WPA - you probably will need to LL if the enemy is good.

The suicider style heavy attackers work well with lots of them - you can't chain them all! You can still use Dryad for that just fine, but it isn't a standout winner vs. the other choices, and it probably wants tact, since warrior is overkill. The lone chain-bait "breaker" style might well want warrior to keep the max offense requirement met with a reasonable total number of troops - and Dryad really shines here since it has so much peak offense.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Veteran
    @Ethan - All good points. I agree with what you said about lone dryads / chain bait. I probably should have said it "may not" work brilliantly. I guess I was making an assumption that OP/OP's KD may not be able to do all of the things necessary to make that work (which is ironic since Korp accused me of believing them to be "super organised").
    Last edited by Chris121; 06-12-2017 at 09:24.

Post Demon
    Dryad makes for a fine attacker drafted 60-65% but not the easiest to play as it is everyone elses favorite target, you honestly should hit on DE hybrids insted those can be downright bad even when fully pumped.

Avian and Orc makes for a bit easier pick but you'll need to draft deeper, always aim for 2 wpa raw and 3 tpa raw and you should be fine.

Veteran
    It really depends on your kd and what your kd needs.

Dryad tactician is very nice if you intend to hit t/m's down with your attacker. Especially in a kd that nm runs, so the -opposing losses arent an issue.

Orc is great if you do need the losses on your targets and could bounce with a 4th general to open up t/m's. I'd prefer paladin over undead on this though and just run 20% hospitals.

Avian gets lower offense, but hits more often. Less likely to threathen t/m's, but if you just need to get more hits in, it might work. Especially if you can massacre in between opposing waves. However, since you said you wouldn't be able to hit 3x/day, you won't be able to take advantage of this and I don't recommend it for you.

Dwarf is more of a hybrid like province; gets sleightly lower offense, more tanky, but you can't be tanky without relatively high t/wpa and if you have the t/wpa, you might aswell use it offensively.

The human seems to be overlooked, can get huge science and through that, high offense. As a tactician (or with a faery tactician in the kd), you could kidnap your province full to keep up with growth and get a huge income, and with town watch you wouldn't have to worry about getting chained on high peasants. Though only 1 or a few is easily controlled with fireballs/massacres.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

I don't know why ppl avoid elf as attacker. Full elite elf is actually pretty strong.

Regular
    dwarf warrior would be my choice. The warrior personality helps to mitigate dwarf's offensive shortcomings, the free build and extra BE is super nice both in and outside of war, you can abuse the stables trick if you're active to free up an extra ~10% of land during war, and having 8/5 leets for offense means less worry about ambush. In my experience playing as orc/dryad in previous ages, ambushes are a big problem for sustaining offense and you may not always have the runes to anon each hit.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    I don't know why ppl avoid elf as attacker. Full elite elf is actually pretty strong.
    Because it has very low offense compared to dryad/human/orc. Full elite elf is actually pretty weak.

So now you know.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Because it has very low offense compared to dryad/human/orc. Full elite elf is actually pretty weak.

So now you know.
    It's not supposed to break t/ms but it's very tanky, has high wpa and it's hard to ambush.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    it has very low offense compared to dryad/human/orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    has high wpa.
    I think maybe you both have different ideas about what you want in an "attacker"

Veteran
    OP said he wanted to move away from AM. As pure attacker, one needs to be able to threaten t/m's and elf isnt good for that.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 07-12-2017 at 14:45.
    -Nox-

Last edited by sl0hnd; 12-12-2017 at 22:53.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Thread Information