Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Casting is way too difficult

Unhappy Support Casting is way too difficult

Why am I failing 6 casts in a row on a KD mate with lower WPA than me!?
    Faery Paladin and Faery Heretic, similar WPA, but mine is higher and I have double his channeling science.I trade SI for his Revelation. I think it is REALLY horrible for me to kill 50 wizards, burn 15k runes and waste 6% mana, only to NOT get a support spell on a friendly province.

Support spells need to be MUCH easier on KD Mates, and Never kill wizards. It is already difficult to build wizards Would this be unbalanced for a support role?

Think of it as a privaledge... and success rate for support spells are based on %of guilds not wpa. I ran 5rwpa on my DE/mys and a 0.5wpa FA could cast on me
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    You can make sure you never lose wizards when casting support spells. Just be heretic. For other persona, self spells can blow up your wizards, you think support spells need to be easier than self spells?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

FA/Tact is nice tho so they can cast CS on KD mystics. But ya, heretics wont lose dem wizzies....or just don't cast at all :-p
    - unknown

Strategy Moderator
    your just unlucky...i can land at about 80% casting 1.75 into 4.5+elf

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    and success rate for support spells are based on %of guilds not wpa.
    I don't think this is correct. % guilds will affect the duration, but my understanding is success rate is based on wpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I don't think this is correct. % guilds will affect the duration, but my understanding is success rate is based on wpa.
    From WIKI

Spell Duration
    Percent Guilds is the sole factor involved in spell duration. The higher the percent guilds, the longer a spell will last. This remains true until the maximum duration for that particular spell is reached.

Self Spells
    For self spells, a higher percent guilds results in a greater:
    Spell Duration
    Chance of a Successful Cast

Offensive Spells
    For offensive spells, a higher percent guilds results in a greater:
    Spell Duration

So is a supporting spell a "self" or "offensive"?
    - unknown

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    From WIKI

Spell Duration
    Percent Guilds is the sole factor involved in spell duration. The higher the percent guilds, the longer a spell will last. This remains true until the maximum duration for that particular spell is reached.

Self Spells
    For self spells, a higher percent guilds results in a greater:
    Spell Duration
    Chance of a Successful Cast

Offensive Spells
    For offensive spells, a higher percent guilds results in a greater:
    Spell Duration

So is a supporting spell a "self" or "offensive"?
    offensive...you are casting "on" someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    offensive...you are casting "on" someone else.
    I agree with OP. one shotting oor 400 acre 20 rwpa provs while failing x6 on inrange sub 1rwpa orcs w/o magic sci is getting old
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Enthusiast
    It's in last ages changes, it's guild based. I have tested over last two wars. I am a faery tact and have a easy time casting on 20% guilds on opposing person and can't land anything if they have 5% or lower. 10% is about 50/50, I yell at my dark elfs if they have low guilds and expect cs. But yeah it's guild based on whoever you are casting on.

Is it the target kd mates guild % or the Feary's own guild % that affect support spell success?

Last age I had almost 0% guilds and my KD's Paladin was able to cast BB and LP on me.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    It's in last ages changes, it's guild based. I have tested over last two wars. I am a faery tact and have a easy time casting on 20% guilds on opposing person and can't land anything if they have 5% or lower. 10% is about 50/50, I yell at my dark elfs if they have low guilds and expect cs. But yeah it's guild based on whoever you are casting on.
    Where in last ages changes does it say that?

This is all I see in age 73 final changes and nothing in age 74.

Paladin Self Spells*- The formula used to calculate success rate will be adjusted to make casting self spells on your allies easier. A WPA vs WPA calculation will still be made which will require Paladins to have WPA but the new formula will make it so that all Kingdom members have an opportunity to receive the self spell bonuses from their Paladins. In other words, a significant increase in the success rate of Paladin spells, although you still need WPA it won't be as significant a part of the formula as previously.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Lady View Post
    Is it the target kd mates guild % or the Feary's own guild % that affect support spell success?

Last age I had almost 0% guilds and my KD's Paladin was able to cast BB and LP on me.
    I didn't play plad last age, all I can tell you is this age it's the person I am casting on guilds. For instance dark elf mystic both with same mod wpa. One has 15% guilds other has 5%. I can't cast **** on the 5% guild but the 15% I can cast on every single time. That's my experience anyways...

We are in EOWCF pump, I have 53% guilds, the other faery has 39% guilds. We are only 7% NW apart. I still failed twice before getting a successful cast, and killed 13 wizards.
    Last edited by abinning; 05-12-2017 at 21:31.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    "Dammit Drizzt, you had one job!"

Never experimented with that. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information