Thread: War Room - Leave active when no generals are available

Post Fiend

War Room - Leave active when no generals are available

I've been thinking recently it would be helpful if we could leave the war room the same even when all generals are out. Right now I attack and send 4 generals, then the window where you select troops goes away. It just says you have no generals.

My suggestion is to leave this window up (I'll call it the calculator), so we could still enter values for all fields, even if there are no available generals. If you try to attack, you would obviously get a similar error message as if you try to send army you don't have. It could even still have the same prompt that says you have no available generals, but still keep the calculator active since it is great for attack calculation.

It's the current way to avoid the creation of bots :).

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    It's the current way to avoid the creation of bots :).
    What does the military room have to do with creation of bots? Do you create bots in the military room?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    What does the military room have to do with creation of bots? Do you create bots in the military room?
    Yea i dont follow the logic either. All i can see this doing is allow people opportunity to determine military allotments for their attacks before they return home and thus potentially avoiding getting bombed army home. It really sucks that one can currently get camped when their army is home and effectively get wrecked in the time it takes to get your attacks out simply because the enemy had their war rooms up and waiting with values entered so can hit you with the click of the button while you have to putter about with figuring out numbers before you can hit. Definitely think this would be a QoL improvement.

Veteran
    I would also like this one too if it won't interfere with combating bots
    Last edited by Chris121; 09-12-2017 at 23:08. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You can have a script set up to auto fill war room and launch an attack the moment your army is home, for example.

At least with the current system you can't preload your war room (presumably with a bot or script in this case) before it gets home.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    You can have a script set up to auto fill war room and launch an attack the moment your army is home, for example.

At least with the current system you can't preload your war room (presumably with a bot or script in this case) before it gets home.
    I could do the same manually though, right? Maybe it would take me 3 seconds to figure out my army was home instead of the same instant... but I am not really a fan of removing functionality to stop people using bots. It seems silly not to be able to use the tools since someone might make a bot.

That being said, can we just make a separate attack calculator if there would be a lot of push back on having the actual war room page always active? So when your army returns the calculator goes away and the actual send military page returns.

Whether the calculator displays or not, the army cannot be sent until an available general is home. Because of this dependency, a script running against the page with a calculator displaying will yield the same amount of time it can send out a returning army compared to if the calculator was not displaying when the army is away.

Thread Information