Thread: Show Province Name for Anonymous hits(for own kingdom)

Show Province Name for Anonymous hits(for own kingdom)

I looked through the two pages of suggestions to ensure I wasn't double-posting.

Please consider displaying the Province name in the "KD News" page for all provinces associated to your kingdom, even when that province used an Anonymous attack. An indicator can be used to distinguish the attack as an anonymous hit. Continue to hide Province names of anonymous hits by external kingdoms.

The above enhancement will allow better tracking and reporting of hits throughout the kingdom. This is particularly helpful during war. Unless I'm overlooking something, I am not able to come across a realistic downside to doing this unless a kingdomate was wanting to hide an attack from leadership(which I'd argue can cause internal frustration and ultimately less enjoyable experience).

If this enhancement is built, please also consider extending the same functionality to the Snatch News operation(show Province Names of provinces matching your Kingdom Location)

if you use munk this shows up.

You referring to the Armies tab and matching up the acres acquired? Just clicked through most of the tool and not seeing anything like the request. I must be missing it.

Veteran
    I haven't got munk in my browser so am not sure what it shows. But presumably it could only show it if the person making the anon attack also had munk (or if someone else had posted the intel of that person to munk)?

OK, so I found a "SN Archives" under the Archive menu within Munk. When I look through that, it doesn't show the province name for anonymous hits. My entire Kingdom is using Munk. I reckon the device they were using when they added the intel may have not had munk enabled though.. I'm unsure.
    Last edited by hylandor; 09-12-2017 at 14:43. Reason: Realized I didn't check the correct area

Veteran
    I thought Mrboombastic's post meant that if you use munk in game/browser, then it shows up in game (rather than you can find it somewhere in munk's website).

In any case, we are getting a bit distracted from your original suggestion, which I think is a useful one regardless of what munk can do.

Yea, I appreciate the input though. Just to close the loop on that - it doesn't show up in the normal KD News page when using Munk.

No, because, you should be able to intra anon hit and force people to not know or figure it out.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    No, because, you should be able to intra anon hit and force people to not know or figure it out.
    Beyond that, despite the kingdom/team based 'focus' of the game, players should be able to operate independently if they choose.

If they wanna anon hits for whatever reason, they should be allowed without their kd knowing it was them in the paper.

Addressing OP directly and his war tracking comments, that's one inherent downside of anon I guess. And it should remain, as a trade off of sorts.

As mentioned, there are ways around it anyways, if your kd is organized. If it isn't organized then consider a different strategy or git gud.

Forum Fanatic
    Also if it shows up on your paper all it takes is a spy on news to show it to anyone looking

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Also if it shows up on your paper all it takes is a spy on news to show it to anyone looking
    I was assuming that the OP's suggestion was that it would show up differently in your paper vs SN on your paper, although you are right it is not spelled out. I certainly agree with you that it would need to not show up in SN to avoid damaging anon.

Yes, snatch news should only display province names that anonymous hit for your matching kingdom location. I did mention that.

Veteran
    Oh yes, you did, sorry, missed it when I went back to look the second time.

Thread Information