Thread: Unabreakbles?

Unabreakbles?

I'm puzzling with what wins wars. I've heard the argument about having unbreakable provinces being a factor, but it conflicts with my idea of having a balanced KD.

I see two ways of getting unbreakable provs. Have a prov/provs:
    1) a lot bigger than the rest pumping up kd NW
    2) defence pumped so much that tpa/wpa/off as a result is lower.

I see neither as a big advantage. Perhaps 1) can get a better economy and help out the KD that way.

So what are your thoughts on the matter?

You have to kill your War-enemy's offence in order to create UBs who have good TPA & WPA .... Have enough threats to enemy potential 'UBs' that your enemy would be wise to hit them instead of your TMs, and you do the same until the threats to UB are gone.

This isn't a WW recipe.

Veteran
    Yes, it is a factor. Not a guarantee, but a factor.

Re your option 2 - having a prov where the defence is UB but who can easily be opped etc with reasonable damage probably isn't massively helpful because it won't have an economy for very long and will probably be fairly limited in what it can do.

Option 3 is as RattleHead said. You do not necessarily need to have an UB at the start of a war to have one by the middle of a war.

This thread about warring tactics might also help (although UBs isn't covered in any detail IIRC): http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...7-Winning-wars
    Last edited by Chris121; 12-12-2017 at 17:15.

Needs to get out more
    Unbreakable is an all encompassing expression. Meaning you are unbreakable by armies, sabotage and magic. Being highly resistant counts. Functional unbreakability would be recovering faster than enemies can reduce defenses. These things aren't necessarily an individual province capability but a strategic effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by theis View Post
    I'm puzzling with what wins wars. I've heard the argument about having unbreakable provinces being a factor, but it conflicts with my idea of having a balanced KD.

I see two ways of getting unbreakable provs. Have a prov/provs:
    1) a lot bigger than the rest pumping up kd NW
    2) defence pumped so much that tpa/wpa/off as a result is lower.

I see neither as a big advantage. Perhaps 1) can get a better economy and help out the KD that way.

So what are your thoughts on the matter?
    Having a "balanced kingdom" is rarely the best positioning to get a war win, however it is often the best positioning to get a war. If you are in a stronger position where you have unbreakables and topfeeding attackers, then smart kingdoms will probably try and avoid warring you while a balanced kingdom is easier to beat so kingdoms are more likely to agree to war you. Clearly the type of unbreakables you'd want are the type that have good wpa, tpa, and peasant space, aka type 1).

The best "war tier" kingdoms like Freeakstyle are known for a "wall" of unbreakable thief mages that can keep high peasants during war while opping the largest opposing attackers to shell them out.

The best growth kingdoms are the best kingdoms at positioning for war. Prior to the recent explore pool changes they would attempt to explore up "cow" provinces that would serve as unbreakables that could attack any provinces they wanted in the opponent's kingdom and develop strong economies in a long war. The explore pool changes now largely prevent kingdoms from exploring up such huge provinces, but if they had the explore pool to be able to do so, they would use it to build large unbreakable thief mages and/or "cows". Again, the reason growth kingdoms would do this is because it is the strongest position you can take for winning a war.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by theis View Post
    what wins a war is the long term ability to gain enough land/military to double your enemies size(nw). "Balance" should be relative to that concept as the long term goal of any war.

"Unbreakable" provs often help you achieve that goal as they can massacre the enemy to reduce their tpa/wpa/peasents and speed up the process compared to simply attacking for land or oping the enemy via theif/mage ops. If your prov is not unbreakable there is an inherent risk anytime you massacre of geting chained with low/no incoming acres. Alternatively "unbrekable" provs can also act to take acres the enemy is unable to take back since u are safe from land attack, if you take 'enough' land from the enemy you are again reaching the long term goal of doubling the enemy kds nw.

As to how to get unbreakable kds.....#1 is a decent methold but defintally goes against that "balance" you are talking about.
    #2 is meh, generally dont think about lower tpa/wpa/off compared to def but think about simply eventually having enough def that the enemy cannot break you.
    --This CAN be accomplished by lower off/def/wpa, but is generally a bad idea, simply training def in war, removing the enemies offense so you become unbreakable or, running a prov than innately has a defensive leet (such that u can chose to b breakable or not based on if u want to attack or not) is typically the best move.

Thread Information