Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new forum guidelines

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The irony is high consider your probably one of the people that posted most garbage in these forums. Consider your GIF sprees. But I guess a moderator have the power to be a hypocrite.
    I don't even post any more other than to respond to people about moderation stuff. I've always held people to the same standard as myself.

Okey, but please do explain what rule did Mansoor break when he posted that he was a radical muslim?
    I'd say it was a semi-inappropriate comment. Someone reported it. I looked at it and didn't think it was worth removing. Another mod looked at it and thought it was worth removing. With 5 pairs of eyes looking at every report, you can expect coin toss cases to go the way of moderation every time.

But what you are saying is that you are bad moderator that couldnt commit to your job so insstead of doing your job you let people break the rules. Cause you just couldnt be arsed to enforce the rules and do your job until you had some backup.
    You're losing your point here. I was a bad mod when rules were relaxed and the forums were "better" but now that I'm a "good" mod the forums are bad lol.

And for the record, your interpretation of what has happened in the moderation transition couldn't be further from reality.

Its the cops fault cause they people do the looting without lifting a finger. If the police do nt have the commitment to do their job they should step down and let someone that is willing to do the job take on the task.
    Looting typically happens when police are busy handling disasters. Blaming looting on police not doing anything is pathetic.

Its the removing of trivial posts that makes the posters upset. Case example Mansoor didnt behave like this until you guys started to remove most of his posts. You dont take any responsiblity at all for your slack moderation and blame it on the community. Its pretty sad.
    Wtf are you talking about? Zulu has been throwing a hissy fit because we removed a post calling people douchebags. Pillz is aggressively trying to find the line at which it's appropriate to insult people. These among other inane complaints.

I get that people are upset about moderation changes. There are appropriate and effective ways of voicing those frustrations. Acting like a petulant child is neither appropriate nor effective (not that you are doing that).

I'd say it was a semi-inappropriate comment. Someone reported it. I looked at it and didn't think it was worth removing. Another mod looked at it and thought it was worth removing. With 5 pairs of eyes looking at every report, you can expect coin toss cases to go the way of moderation every time.
    Whats even remotley inappropiate with it? Thats another bad thing that there is room for interpretation. Clear cut rules is then necessary either is or isnt not maybe.

You're losing your point here. I was a bad mod when rules were relaxed and the forums were "better" but now that I'm a "good" mod the forums are bad lol.
    No I personally thought you were an okey mod. But in your example you would be a bad mod or well Police cause you let people loot/break the rules. There is no good moderators anymore but thats Davids fault.

And for the record, your interpretation of what has happened in the moderation transition couldn't be further from reality.
    More mods more strict rules, less mods more slack rules, seems to be the case.

Looting typically happens when police are busy handling disasters. Blaming looting on police not doing anything is pathetic.
    So what you are saying is that you havent done your job at all all these years and been busy? But it really doesnt fit into this example cause neither your or Bishop have had especially many disasters to take care of all these years you have just simpled had a more laid back moderation whichg was a good approach.

Wtf are you talking about? Zulu has been throwing a hissy fit because we removed a post calling people douchebags. Pillz is aggressively trying to find the line at which it's appropriate to insult people. These among other inane complaints.

I get that people are upset about moderation changes. There are appropriate and effective ways of voicing those frustrations. Acting like a petulant child is neither appropriate nor effective (not that you are doing that).
    I just gave one example, zulu has been throwing hizzy fits a long time and Steel has always been problematic. :) But just this example with Mansoor the cause is you moderators with your overmoderating policy if constantly not removing posts that was or was not "Inapproiate" was a trigger to the behaviour. With Mansoor its like poking a dog with a stick again and again eventually it will bite you. Or in this case Mansoor thinking **** this, ill just mock the stupid rules.

But overmoderation and ignoring any critics or feedback like your boss does isnt a healthy approach either.

Veteran
    Nobody has spammed either in these forums for a long time. You just dont seem familiar with what actual spam are.
    I was using "spam" in a broad sense to cover the other things also covered by the rules, eg trolling / off topic posts etc.

Okey, but please do explain what rule did Mansoor break when he posted that he was a radical muslim? .
    He didn't just say that. He said something along the lines of 'as a radical Muslim he is loving the destruction' (the context being his war).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I was using "spam" in a broad sense to cover the other things also covered by the rules, eg trolling / off topic posts etc.

He didn't just say that. He said something along the lines of 'as a radical Muslim he is loving the destruction' (the context being his war).
    But those arent spam..

Yes, but still doesnt change that it was no rule break.

Veteran
    But those arent spam..
    This is true. Instead of using shorthand 'spam', I should have referred to the various things that are prohibited in the rules.

Thread Information