Thread: Make Armouries reduce thief cost too

Post Fiend

Make Armouries reduce thief cost too

As the title say.

1. When this could be applied?

a. EOWCF - to help kd recover faster in EOWCF, especially massacred targets, hence make kds less vulnerable after exit war.
    b. OOW - To help waving kd retrain thief faster, hence they can find next war target faster. Because sometimes you are in a position when no kds want to discuss war, you kinda need to wave to try luck.
    c. War - might be helpful in OOP war, other than that I don't think anyone run high armouries in a real war.

==> So the Dev can choose when they want to apply the thief cost reduction, maybe a) only, or b) only, or all a, b, c.

2. Another factor to be considered is, will armouries have full effect on thief as they do on military troops, or lesser effect.
    a. Reduce same % of cost as other troops
    b. Reduce less X% than the reduction of other troops, where X ranging from 1 to 99

Any opinions?

Won't happen... expedient ritual in EOWCF will get you your cheapest thieves. 500(norm) to 350(eowcf) to 315(eowcf w/rit). How much cheaper do you want them?? 150-200 per thief?
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Won't happen... expedient ritual in EOWCF will get you your cheapest thieves. 500(norm) to 350(eowcf) to 315(eowcf w/rit). How much cheaper do you want them?? 150-200 per thief?
    They are 280 in eowcf with ritual. Ideally I would like them to be free for me and 1000gc for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    They are 280 in eowcf with ritual. Ideally I would like them to be free for me and 1000gc for everyone else.
    Sorry was a bit under the weather. Thought I read 10% not 20% cheaper training. If everything was free there would be nothing to fight for!
    - unknown

Yeah, EOWCF + Expedient already gives you pretty cheap thieves. I don't think it's necessary for arms to reduce too.

Its all about timing IMO. Cant have everything we want unfortunately :-[
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    EOWCF + Expedient does give cheap thief now, so is it not better to get even cheaper? You can squeeze in more troops, and get ready faster. You can even have more extra gcs for dragon to start a new conflict right away when OOW.

And how about OOW? When normal cost is 500 and you just grow tons of acres after a wave. Armouries + Expedient can speed up the pump process no? The faster the kd pump, the faster war will come, that overall will increase the flow of the game.

When the age length becomes shorter, a little bit of help to speed up the readiness would be good IMO.

How much should armouries affect the reduction is also a factor to consider as I mentioned in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    When the age length becomes shorter, a little bit of help to speed up the readiness would be good IMO.
    4 days eowcf + Affluent + Expedient is not enough? Do you need free troops to be war ready on time?! You also get building credits no matter if you are winner or loser.

If anything I would say make armies come home instantly after the war is over so people can release them to peasants.

Post Fiend
    LOL noone read the original post? I did say the devs can decide which situation they want to implement the change. If they feel EOWCF need further boost they can do so, though I'm fine without.

However, I find it extremely useful in OOW, especially after a wave. Faster pumping opens up more possibilities in game play too. If you stuck in a situation where no one wants to war, and you don't want to land drop, then IMO waving someone to grow to war the next opponent is a better choice than sitting there and wait. Many kds are reluctant to waving because the time it takes to pump up the land, and also the vulnerability after a fast jump in acres.

Any other thoughts besides "4 days eowcf + Affluent + Expedient is not enough?" ?

Thread Information